Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 73605 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2007, 07:51:45 AM »

Look Im a huge fan of the new guys - anyne who knows me knows Im a huge fan of Robin Finck - but Im not so blindly pigheaded to think that Robin and the guys deserve any credit to this bands success - YET.  When they release CD then they can have it.

Oh fuck off you irritating scab.  Go troll somewhere else.

YOu fuck off.

Oh wait I BET this post will be deleted now because I told a brown nosing two faced moderator where to go.  See its ok for HIM to talk disrespectfully to me because Im just part of the 'little people'.

More like "little people with big heads"......

The kind of people who think they can come to our message board and tell me I don't deserve to run it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2007, 08:54:51 AM »

Guys, its a 'stock' photo. Rolling stone do not have to pay for it. Hence why its used.
Simple

Here I was thinking they used that photo because it's a picture of the people who played on the album...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses (past and present) , but I didn't know there were so many DOUCHE BAG FANS!!!

For those who say this is bad or somehow disrespecting what Axl's trying to do now, GET A FUCKING CLUE!!

Look at the facts:  Appetite for Destruction made GNR famous and successful.  The original 5 guys made that album. In most media circles it's still by far the reason that GNR is still relevant.  Axl hasn't released a original album in 16 years.  He tours around under the GNR name and the majority of the songs played are off of AFD.

Axl once said that he "Wanted to destroy (or some similar word) Appetite for Destruction"

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction. 

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect.   If he wants respect and if he doesn't want an old picture of the original band on the cover... He should release some new F'ing music.  End of story.

What he wants we don't know. but I certainly rather see updated pics and articles.
If you saw a recent show you wouldn't be saying so and calling people names like  'DOUCHE BAG fans' .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:54:26 AM by ppbebe » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses (past and present) , but I didn't know there were so many DOUCHE BAG FANS!!!

For those who say this is bad or somehow disrespecting what Axl's trying to do now, GET A FUCKING CLUE!!

Look at the facts:? Appetite for Destruction made GNR famous and successful.? The original 5 guys made that album. In most media circles it's still by far the reason that GNR is still relevant.? Axl hasn't released a original album in 16 years.? He tours around under the GNR name and the majority of the songs played are off of AFD.

Axl once said that he "Wanted to destroy (or some similar word) Appetite for Destruction"

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction.?

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect.? ?If he wants respect and if he doesn't want an old picture of the original band on the cover... He should release some new F'ing music.? End of story.

What he wants we don't know. but I certainly rather see updated pics and articles.
If you saw a recent show you wouldn't be saying so and calling people names like? 'DOUCHE BAG fans' .

Yes, he most certainly "will destroy AFD..." with his new album! He will blow it to smithereens! They won't be able to see from which way he came!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.? That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.? ?If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.? Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.? ?Fuck a reunion.

Do you realize the irony of that statement?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »

Look at the facts:  Appetite for Destruction made GNR famous and successful.  The original 5 guys made that album. In most media circles it's still by far the reason that GNR is still relevant.  Axl hasn't released a original album in 16 years.  He tours around under the GNR name and the majority of the songs played are off of AFD.

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction. 

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect.   If he wants respect and if he doesn't want an old picture of the original band on the cover... He should release some new F'ing music.  End of story.

If you saw a recent show you wouldn't be saying so and calling people names like  'DOUCHE BAG fans' .

Yes, he most certainly "will destroy AFD..." with his new album! He will blow it to smithereens! They won't be able to see from which way he came!

I wonder how many people think that CD will actually be bigger then AFD.

I personally think there's just no way, not with the music industry the way it is right now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2007, 11:21:42 AM »

Anyhoo the music industry right now is not the only judge nor a main judge. we are.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »

I think CD is not going to be better or worst that AFD, simply they are going to be different. AFD and illusion are very different and I think that both are wonderful. We don?t know what Axl thinks or feels about the RS cover, but I believe that he sings the AFD because those are his songs and he loves those songs. One thing is love the old songs and other thing is living in the old stories and not evolved. Axl has evolved but he still loves his old songs.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2007, 11:29:46 AM »

with GNR today the old songs sounded evolved too.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2007, 11:36:03 AM »

I agree with you Suntorytime.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/15690883

An excerpt of the article
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »

Some people here really can't read at all. Who's claiming about a reunion? Who's talkin' shit about the new line up? No fuckin' one!!! The big question here is that some Axl's "ass lickers" thinks is unfair to the new band that the old band is on a cover of Rolling Stone magazine!!!! ?Why the new band should be on this fuckin cover??!!! What they've done these days to be on this?!!!! Please answer.
No one here want to come back to 87 . But put down 1987 just because you're in 2007 is ridiculous. ?If you don't want to live trough 1987 or trough the old band, burn the fuckin' records and dvd or VHS of these shows. ?But the majority of Axls "ass lickers" won't do it. ?
You , Axl's "ass lickers" should understand that in the world outside the GNR foruns, people think that the new band didn't do anything relevant to be on? the cover of any fuckin' magazine. To this same world Appetite was a great record and should be remembered. Just that, so stop with this shit about "Axl will get upset about it" . Axl is 45 years old man. He can deal with this shit. He had a band, now he has a new one.
The point is, people are celebrating the 20th aniversary of Appetite For Destruction and the ones who've made it . If you don't like it or don't want to live trough 1987 , or don't ?want to cheer the old band. Don't fuckin' do it, but don't start to bitch around because some people do.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

Believe me, I am not here to "lick Axl's ass" as it was so crudly put - he and I are way past that stage...... Roll Eyes

Nobody here told you "Lick Axl's Ass" but you really wore the outfit. I don't know why?  I don't remember  writng the post directly to you or anyone. But you're the who complained about . So...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »

Anyhoo the music industry right now is not the only judge nor a main judge. we are.

The GNR forum fans are not the only people that are going to judge this album.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »

These suit really fits you, doesn't it?

I think you said something like this ^  in response to the comment that I had just posted.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

Maybe, just maybe, you're on the wrong site because this one is aimed at people who live in the present time. While we acknowledge the past, we don't put down the current band and dream about a reunion.

On the contrary, we are here because Guns N' Roses in 2007 is the best band in the world.

Which is kinda interesting since I thought Guns N' Roses was the best band in the world in 1988, 1991, 1992, 2001, 2006 and so on and so on.....

Basically, they've always been the best band in the world for me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »

russ I didn't mean just The GNR forum fans by us. I meant The music fans now and the future.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »

Maybe, just maybe, you're on the wrong site because this one is aimed at people who live in the present time. While we acknowledge the past, we don't put down the current band and dream about a reunion.

On the contrary, we are here because Guns N' Roses in 2007 is the best band in the world.

Which is kinda interesting since I thought Guns N' Roses was the best band in the world in 1988, 1991, 1992, 2001, 2006 and so on and so on.....

Basically, they've always been the best band in the world for me.

/jarmo

Is that directed to me? Because you're so fuckin' wrong!! I don't put the new band down nor I dream about a reunion. But I don't need to put the old band down to support the new one . Simple, if Rolling Stone is celebrating Appetite For Destruction the old band should be on the cover. Because they were the ones who wrote. If Chinese got released and Rolling Stone make a cover about it, It must have the new band on It.? But right now, these band did anything that deserve the cover of this magazine. And this is not puttin' the new band down. This is a fact.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »

Yes it was aimed at you and your insult filled post.

Maybe you need to relax a bit.

/jarmo

Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

Yes it was aimed at you and your insult filled post.

Maybe you need to relax a bit.

/jarmo

I'm relaxed dude... It's not because I wrote it with passion that I'm pissed or something. Sorry, next time I'll put the "Parental Advisory" stick before I write a post. I don't want to offend any 14 years old girl with my bad mouth. Now, I gotta get goin' to work.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: