Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 07:41:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66271 times)
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2007, 06:01:17 PM »

Does anyone know why this article hasn't been posted in the headlines section of the main page?

Old band vs. new band debate not withstanding this is still GNR's third appearance on the cover of rock's biggest magazine.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »

Dunno. Just felt like posting this. People are on Axl's ass and it will always be thus and it's a pitiful example of double standards. So, if Duff had stayed in 1997 they could still use the name? Then it was, technically, only Slash who was no longer in the band... or?

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses through time. The members today - many of whom have been together LONGER than the original line-up - show so MUCH respect for the classic material, that I wouldn't know what more could be asked. It's genuine and it's respectful. And they manage to add in their own touch. It couldn't have been played better.

I think one thing to point out (I'm piggy-backing on your comment) is that Izzy, Duff, Matt, Steven, and Slash do not have a problem with Axl using the GNR name.  All of them have said they can't wait for the album to come out.    these are the guys that helped create the name GNR...if they were that upset with Axl, wouldn't they stand up and say something?

I also think it's amazing that the new band has been together longer than the original line-up.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2007, 09:24:40 PM »

Dunno. Just felt like posting this. People are on Axl's ass and it will always be thus and it's a pitiful example of double standards. So, if Duff had stayed in 1997 they could still use the name? Then it was, technically, only Slash who was no longer in the band... or?

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses through time. The members today - many of whom have been together LONGER than the original line-up - show so MUCH respect for the classic material, that I wouldn't know what more could be asked. It's genuine and it's respectful. And they manage to add in their own touch. It couldn't have been played better.

I think one thing to point out (I'm piggy-backing on your comment) is that Izzy, Duff, Matt, Steven, and Slash do not have a problem with Axl using the GNR name.?

What Sorum feels about it is a non-issue. He was basically a hired-hand, don't forget that.
His opinion on Axl using the GNR name doesn't mean all that much to me.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2007, 11:04:55 PM »

I think one thing to point out (I'm piggy-backing on your comment) is that Izzy, Duff, Matt, Steven, and Slash do not have a problem with Axl using the GNR name.? All of them have said they can't wait for the album to come out.? ? these are the guys that helped create the name GNR...if they were that upset with Axl, wouldn't they stand up and say something?

I also think it's amazing that the new band has been together longer than the original line-up.

I am a huge fan of the new band, and to say I cannot wait for the eventual release of CD when the time comes is an understatement.  Having said that, the current band may have now been together longer than the original line-up, but it's hard to argue against what the original line up accomplished and released during their time together, whereas much of the world at large remains unaware of the current band, what they're capable of, and the amazing music they're creating together. 

That said, I think that perception is sure to change with Chinese Democracy.  Hearing what I have, I feel that the best is yet to come.

Now if only my Rolling Stone issue would show up in the mail...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2007, 11:28:19 PM »

you know what would be fucking cool?

if on they'd do a cover about the 3 guitar players in GnR.  They could do a kickass pic of the three of them together, and inside talk about them and their backgrounds and show the world whose in Guns N' Roses today.    Robin, Richard, and Ron. all three deserve it.  peace 
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2007, 01:29:48 AM »

Yeah, that would be cool, but it wouldn't happen until Chinese Democracy is released.
jonnybgoode82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »

if on they'd do a cover about the 3 guitar players in GnR.  They could do a kickass pic of the three of them together, and inside talk about them and their backgrounds and show the world whose in Guns N' Roses today.    Robin, Richard, and Ron. all three deserve it.  peace 

But no one in the mainstream media would know who they are. Perhaps after CD is released and they've sold millions of copies maybe, at the minute - no chance.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »

But no one in the mainstream media would know who they are.

the media would know who they are if they were on the cover of Rolling Stone.  Smiley   
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »

But no one in the mainstream media would know who they are.

the media would know who they are if they were on the cover of Rolling Stone.? Smiley? ?

Yeah But rolling stone is a business like anything else. Putting the 3 of them on the cover would guarantee people like us on GnR boards would buy it but not many others.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2007, 11:23:53 AM »

if on they'd do a cover about the 3 guitar players in GnR.? They could do a kickass pic of the three of them together, and inside talk about them and their backgrounds and show the world whose in Guns N' Roses today.? ? Robin, Richard, and Ron. all three deserve it.? peace?

I know who they are. You know who they are. But does typical mainstream emo, nickelback buying rock fan know who they are? Uh No. Lets start with the cover of guitar world and work our way up ok.  And I hope that all of you know that if and when CD is finally released it will be just Axl on the cover. Not Axl and the band that no one outside of here knows anything about.

There's a lot goin on here.....
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »

I think one thing to point out (I'm piggy-backing on your comment) is that Izzy, Duff, Matt, Steven, and Slash do not have a problem with Axl using the GNR name.?

What Sorum feels about it is a non-issue. He was basically a hired-hand, don't forget that.
His opinion on Axl using the GNR name doesn't mean all that much to me.

What would that make the new people playing in GNR? At least he played on UYI. Once Chinese Democracy is released then maybe the new guys won't be considered by many to be just Axl's hired guns. Until then this will be a huge problem as far as the new guys really getting any respect. It's sad, but true.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:40:18 PM by irishtwilight » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »

if on they'd do a cover about the 3 guitar players in GnR.? They could do a kickass pic of the three of them together, and inside talk about them and their backgrounds and show the world whose in Guns N' Roses today.? ? Robin, Richard, and Ron. all three deserve it.? peace?

That's one of the smartest things that I've heard for a long time!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »

Yeah It'd be great!!! It would have a lot of pictures and little text based on Guns N' Roses... It would be like that

Question: Hey Robin , you've been in the band for so long... Can you tell me when Chinese will be released?

Robin: Sorry, there's a lot of things goin' on behind the scenes, so I cannot give you the exaclty date because if It not happens nobody gets frustraded.

Ok... let's talk about the day you work with NIN and Trent Reznor.

Question: Richard, the guitar in The Blues that leaked are awesome, and I realize that you play big part of it live. Could you tell me about your setup and approach in this song?

Robin: Well, I'm not sure about how much about what we can or what we cannot talk about the leaks so... Next question...

Ok, let's talk about working with Christina Aguilera.

Question: Ron, we know that you recorded parts in Chinese Democracy after the last US tour. So can you tell me how much of you can be heard on the record? And if there will be any Buckethead parts on It?

Ron: Yeah!! It'll be some of that but I can't say how much will be on the record. But anyway, It's great being part of the band and touring all this time. That's all I can say...

Ok, let's talk about your "foot" guitar and about your producing skills

Let's face it . These 3 guys have all the respect from the music bussiness and anyone interessed in music. But talkin' about news, the main reason of any magazine... These guys don't present that much right now.

And that's the reason the new line up of the band are not on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

And that's the reason the new line up of the band are not on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine

these guys didn't release AFD back in 87, that's the reason
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:01 AM »

Yeah of course, no doubt. ?You're right, the main reason is that. But the other reason that the new line up never been on the cover is the lack of news.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

Or, they had some connection to Steven's gig....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »

Yeah of course, no doubt. ?You're right, the main reason is that. But the other reason that the new line up never been on the cover is the lack of news.

the day will come
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2007, 11:45:44 AM »

the day will come
Soon

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2007, 11:57:23 AM »

the day will come
Soon

I don't know if soon is ther word
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: