Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:37:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66296 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »

The people who truly want to contribute to this site do not share that view Dunkin Dave!

Why come here and fight about it all time!

I support the band to a point , but I honestly like VR more. They've put albums out , but when I do get CD Im sure I'll be a supporter right now I have my doubts. But I was just saying I mean really my statement rings true , To most people GNR is still what is on the issue of RS.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »

I honestly like VR more. They've put albums out

So have the Spice Girls.  Doesn't mean they're better

When will people realize that a lack of an album release is not an indictment of talent?  And that just releasing albums does not automatically mean you're making good music?  If Axl had released 4 mediocre albums in the last 10 years would you think more of him as a musician? 

There's probably a million reasons the album hasn't seen the light of day so far, from legal to personal reasons for those involved, but one thing that should be obvious to anyone who claims to be a GnR fan is that it's not because Axl and the guys in the new lineup are incapable of making a quality album
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2007, 08:26:58 PM »

So have the Spice Girls.? Doesn't mean they're better

When will people realize that a lack of an album release is not an indictment of talent?? And that just releasing albums does not automatically mean you're making good music?? If Axl had released 4 mediocre albums in the last 10 years would you think more of him as a musician??

There's probably a million reasons the album hasn't seen the light of day so far, from legal to personal reasons for those involved, but one thing that should be obvious to anyone who claims to be a GnR fan is that it's not because Axl and the guys in the new lineup are incapable of making a quality album

Excellent point, sir.  Bravo!!

I'd rather have one album that the artists poured their hearts and souls into and really felt was right than an artist that just fires out albums.

Ali
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »

So have the Spice Girls.  Doesn't mean they're better

When will people realize that a lack of an album release is not an indictment of talent?  And that just releasing albums does not automatically mean you're making good music?  If Axl had released 4 mediocre albums in the last 10 years would you think more of him as a musician? 

Dude you are putting words in my mouth. I have nothing solid to reference myself for considering the new lineup has.  Lack of album makes it hard to judge a band. I'm sure there is a million reasons for the album not coming out yet ( trust me I think we've heard our fair share lol ) I am a GNR fan , both old and new , but until Axl and Co' gets CD released I can't say I like them more than VR right now. I'm sure the new line up are capable of making MIND MIND BLOWING MUSIC , look at the band you have BBF ,  Axl , Robin , these guys know music. I'm claiming VR to be putting out the most amazing stuff either , their stuff is just straight ahead rock n roll and I dig it. Slash and Co are capable of creating AMAZING music too , but they haven't put out the most mind blowing stuff. I like both bands end of story.

EDIT: To poster above , I would to but we have nothing to judge Axl on right now ,we don't know if the album is medicore or pure 100% heart/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:30:52 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2007, 08:56:40 PM »

Wow 14 pages is a lot! Although I do like VR, my opinion is that Scott Weiland needs to go back to STP. His voice just does not fit with Slash, Duff and Matt. In addition, CD should be released and  a tour to support this album. Afterwards breakup the new GNR. I like what I saw from the Hammerstein Ballroom last year. However, nothing beats the original GNR. This is why  Rolling Stone magazine is celebrating the 20th anniversey of one of the GREATEST albums ever released!!!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »

Wow 14 pages is a lot! Although I do like VR, my opinion is that Scott Weiland needs to go back to STP. His voice just does not fit with Slash, Duff and Matt. In addition, CD should be released and  a tour to support this album. Afterwards breakup the new GNR. I like what I saw from the Hammerstein Ballroom last year. However, nothing beats the original GNR. This is why  Rolling Stone magazine is celebrating the 20th anniversey of one of the GREATEST albums ever released!!!

Yea that's how I feel right now nothing beats the classic line up. I haven't seen them live and don't really wanna judge on the leaks because , well being a musician I understand that DEMOS are DEMOS and things will change.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2007, 09:23:27 PM »

Wow 14 pages is a lot! Although I do like VR, my opinion is that Scott Weiland needs to go back to STP. His voice just does not fit with Slash, Duff and Matt. In addition, CD should be released and? a tour to support this album. Afterwards breakup the new GNR. I like what I saw from the Hammerstein Ballroom last year. However, nothing beats the original GNR. This is why? Rolling Stone magazine is celebrating the 20th anniversey of one of the GREATEST albums ever released!!!

Yea that's how I feel right now nothing beats the classic line up. I haven't seen them live and don't really wanna judge on the leaks because , well being a musician I understand that DEMOS are DEMOS and things will change.

Nothing beats the classic line up just like nothing beats being away at college at 18 getting wasted and f-ing hot chicks who love getting drunk and giving head.  But nothing lasts forever.  You deal with the present.  Today we have a Guns N' Roses that has over the past 7 years become a true band.  While dissappointed that the wait has been so long for CD, I'll wait and be as patient as I can.  I have great hopes for a November 2007 release of the most anticipated album of all time.  And nothing will ever be as anticipated again in the new age of the digital single.  It feels good now.  Love the band.  They rock hard, they're cool as shit and the tracks I've heard so far are outstanding.  Respect to the nth degree the original line up.  Continue to follow each of their careers.  My favorite album of 07 is Libertad, been playing the shit out of it.  I'm really looking forward to getting this issue of RS.  Should be a good read.  Just hope they respect the power of what GN'R today has, can and will do.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

Nothing beats the classic line up just like nothing beats being away at college at 18 getting wasted and f-ing hot chicks who love getting drunk and giving head.  But nothing lasts forever.  You deal with the present.  Today we have a Guns N' Roses that has over the past 7 years become a true band.  While dissappointed that the wait has been so long for CD, I'll wait and be as patient as I can.  I have great hopes for a November 2007 release of the most anticipated album of all time.  And nothing will ever be as anticipated again in the new age of the digital single.  It feels good now.  Love the band.  They rock hard, they're cool as shit and the tracks I've heard so far are outstanding.  Respect to the nth degree the original line up.  Continue to follow each of their careers.  My favorite album of 07 is Libertad, been playing the shit out of it.  I'm really looking forward to getting this issue of RS.  Should be a good read.  Just hope they respect the power of what GN'R today has, can and will do.

beer beer Why can't more people be like us , open minded about BOTH bands.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^ I am with you guys!!!  I am so fucking ready for CD, its sick.  But the longer it goes, and goes, and goes....., the more legendary the classic line up gets!!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2007, 01:48:04 AM »

Just three things:

- the people who Believe in the vibe of this site do have open minds about both bands and their views about each band are supported by the people who run this site.

- ^ accept that a certain point of view is upheld here. The posters who also uphold that view should feel more than comfortable posting here and not have to put up with terms like 'asslicker'.

- a person who also posts  here because they share the same view would have nothing but positive things to say about the upcoming release of the album.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2007, 03:03:09 AM »

now, thats just fucking great... 14 pages of all this and no one scanned the thing for people who cant get the magazine (such as brazilians for at least 2 months!)!!

goog going u guys!!!? ok

don't throw me in the name calling just yet, i'm actually kidding? hihi? peace

oh, and just to throw in my opinion, if GNR is getting some kind of coverage, cool, nice to read it, no matter who's pictured... nearly everyone involved with GNR (past, even further past and present) has enough money not to care if they are or not in the picture... i think you guys care about this a lot more than they do so i'd just enjoy the reading (if it's any decent, that is!!!)

anyway, please dont tell me to go fuck myself or talk about the sweet old lady that my mother is just because i have a diffent opinion? ok

Edit: Ohhh yeah, and even though VR do release albums, i think i'd like'em a lot more if they didn't!! The guys (u know who) are cool, but i would hug and thank Scott, for the rest of his life, it that's what it took, if he promissed me that after finishing such promisse he would never again speak another word or even produce another sound (to prevent him from even doing 'ooooo's as backing vocals anywhere else) but HEY! that's my taste!! everyone's entitled to disagree!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 03:10:37 AM by EstrangedBrazil » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2007, 04:01:24 AM »

now, thats just fucking great... 14 pages of all this and no one scanned the thing for people who cant get the magazine (such as brazilians for at least 2 months!)!!

goog going u guys!!!? ok

don't throw me in the name calling just yet, i'm actually kidding? hihi? peace

oh, and just to throw in my opinion, if GNR is getting some kind of coverage, cool, nice to read it, no matter who's pictured... nearly everyone involved with GNR (past, even further past and present) has enough money not to care if they are or not in the picture... i think you guys care about this a lot more than they do so i'd just enjoy the reading (if it's any decent, that is!!!)

No need to bring money into 'the good fight'! It's not always about money.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2007, 05:20:59 AM »

So have the Spice Girls.? Doesn't mean they're better

When will people realize that a lack of an album release is not an indictment of talent?? And that just releasing albums does not automatically mean you're making good music?? If Axl had released 4 mediocre albums in the last 10 years would you think more of him as a musician??

VR at least have a product i can get into and enjoy. Im not denying that the new band wont put out a great album, im sure they will, but right now when i turn on my ipod il listen to Libertad over crappy live versions of Chinese Democracy.. Until Chinese Democracy comes out, the actual product, you cant properly compare new GnR MUSIC with old incarnations/VR...

In any case, putting old Guns N Roses on the cover for a 20 year Appetite anniversary is perfectly legit..  i mean Tommy/Finck etc shouldnt get credit for Slash/Duff's work!

In other news you can see the cover at the website... and a really awesome article involving Axl and Stevens girlfriend
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2007, 09:09:34 AM »

In any case, putting old Guns N Roses on the cover for a 20 year Appetite anniversary is perfectly legit..  i mean Tommy/Finck etc shouldnt get credit for Slash/Duff's work!

Why does this type of thing keep getting restated??

Who has ever said the newer members should take credit for something they didn't do?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2007, 12:02:21 PM »

I picked up the rag today....woop woop...  It has a pretty gross picture of big hair Axl with the assless chaps, red pubes for all the eyes to see....

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:23 PM »

Pink Floyd. Waters.

Marillion. Fish. Hogarth.

Mighty Black Sabbath. Oz. Dio.

Skid Row. Baz.

Accept. Udo.

Iron Maiden. Remember their debut and Killers?

Aerosmith Doing It With Mirrors.

Even the Rolling Stones once had another guitar player.

The list is endless.

Dunno. Just felt like posting this. People are on Axl's ass and it will always be thus and it's a pitiful example of double standards. So, if Duff had stayed in 1997 they could still use the name? Then it was, technically, only Slash who was no longer in the band... or?

Amazing.

Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses through time. The members today - many of whom have been together LONGER than the original line-up - show so MUCH respect for the classic material, that I wouldn't know what more could be asked. It's genuine and it's respectful. And they manage to add in their own touch. It couldn't have been played better.

Guns N' Roses Version 2.0  ok

I've seen the original band twice and the new band three times. The new band blows the old out of the water. Regardless of who wrote the songs. And that is not a knock on the old material or the old line-up. That was then, this is now. And it's been 13 years now and the band has changed gradually. People tend to forget that.

peace

RF

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.? That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.? ?If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.? Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.? ?Fuck a reunion.

I forward this motion.

If you want to bash the new band, go beat off in a corner at some other place that is shit, compared to here. Why some people stay here and continue to bash, is because they know where ever they go that it is not going to be as good as this site. They also, don't have anyone to fight with, because where they post it will just be a bunch of bitching whiners.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 01:27:13 PM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »

^is J formerly known as JimmerJammer?  just wondering.

By the way, there is no controversy here.  You can bet your ass there will be a (pardon the pun) "Better" Rolling Stone cover coming very soon to a newsstand by you.   Wink
Although I have to say Rolling Stone managed to make the read a bit anti-Axl if you ask me, but then again, I'm assuming Axl probably refused to comment. 

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:12:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »

^is J formerly known as JimmerJammer?? just wondering.

By the way, there is no controversy here.? You can bet your ass there will be a (pardon the pun) "Better" Rolling Stone cover coming very soon to a newsstand by you.? ?Wink
Although I have to say Rolling Stone managed to make the read a bit anti-Axl if you ask me, but then again, I'm assuming Axl probably refused to comment.?

RS was very pro-new GN'R last year, then the band lashed out at the magazine for printing 'false' dates. It appears to have cost GN'R though, RS was one of the last pro-CD mags around, and now they largely ignore the new band.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
overmatik
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2007, 05:06:17 PM »

That's great, GNR at the cover of RS, despite RS being a piece of junk of a mgazine, it's important to the "major media". Again the planets are aligning, this came in a excellent time, hope uncle Axl doesn't ruin this time again...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: