Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:43:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66467 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »

Just because a band keeps the name , doesn't make it true in the hearts of a lot of fans.

Those fans should not bother coming here then.

/jarmo

Thank you Jarmo!! That is exactly my point! ?If you feel that way, and I'm not saying you as in RageNirvanaNIN or DunkinDave, then why would you post here? ?This is clearly not the board for you then.

Ali
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »

The people who truly want to contribute to this site do not share that view Dunkin Dave!

Why come here and fight about it all time!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:41 PM »

Axl is the sole reason why the original band broke up, no one can dispute that.

He fired Slash, fired Matt, and then Duff left him.

The only people who got fired/kicked out were Adler and Sorum.  Get your facts straight. Slash QUIT.  Duff QUIT.  Izzy QUIT. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »

I give you an update on what the "new band" is doing. Playing concerts where 85% of music is from 1987. Maybe you should tell Axl what year it is.

Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs that the fans enjoy hearing. What's the world coming to? The horror!

/jarmo

Just because a band keeps the name , doesn't make it true in the hearts of a lot of fans.

That's true, but it also begs a question:? If you (not you personally) feel that sentiment is true, then what are you doing posting here?

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

Just like you did by raiding the Rolling Stone blog and defending Axl for hours upon end.

Jesus Christ, did you not read the part where I said NOT YOU PERSONALLY?

I'm not taking it personally - I'm defending RageNirvanaNIN against your comments.

Again, what part of NOT YOU PERSONALLY do you not understand? ?I wasn't referring to HIM or YOU! ?I was asking a general question saying if you, the general you, don't want to support the new GN'R, then why would you post on a board that is about supporting the new GN'R?

Ali

Because this thread isn't about the new GN'R.

Roll Eyes

Thank you, I can see the cover with my own eyes, sir. ?But, this board is about supporting the new GN'R. ?This thread is on a pro-new GN'R board!

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »

DunkinDave won't be posting here anymore.

Somebody who's not interested in the current band and spreads his own bullshit version of the band's history won't be posting here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
malbowski
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »

Jeez seems to be a lot of attitude on here.

I have never felt the need to post but this has riled me.

No-one has the right to take away what the "old" members contributed. Take away the fact that they imploded, for 4 years or so they were the biggest draw on the planet (along with U2 and yes Bon Jovi).

Whatever the reasons for each individual member leaving they are still part of the Guns N' Roses legacy.

The so called "new" members (Robin Finck has technically been in the band for nearly 10 years now!) will never be seen in the same regards as Duff, Slash, Izzy etc, regardless of whether CD gets released or not. They may by some members of this board but for the casual GNR fan Guns N' Roses IS Duff, Slash and Izzy.

I dont think that the release of CD will alter peoples opinions regarding Robin, Tommy and co but if we are (and i hope to god that we are) having these same conversations in 10 years time, and Guns N' Roses have release 2, maybe 3 more albums then maybe people will start to recognise who makes up Guns N' Roses

I have seen this "new" band 6 times now, and i have to say that not only have they got tighter as a unit, Guns N' Roses are far better live than they were 15 years ago.

Guns N' Roses needs Axl Rose, just like Bon Jovi needs Jon & Ritchie, Van Halen needs Eddie, Kiss needs Paul and Gene, the list could go on...

Providing they are entertaining the masses, which all of these bands do, who cares who is on stage playing the Rocket Queen solo?

Thanks guys for a fabulous 18 months, hope to see you in the Uk very soon!!

Peace out

steve

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »

Providing they are entertaining the masses, which all of these bands do, who cares who is on stage playing the Rocket Queen solo?

that being said though, when I listen to VR's Mr. Brownstone I feel sad. Scott's voice just doesn't do it for me.
it's like Chester singin' Paradise City. I like his voice, yes, but Axl should be the only one singin' Paradise City.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2007, 03:07:54 PM »

The only people who got fired/kicked out were Adler and Sorum. Get your facts straight. Slash QUIT. Duff QUIT. Izzy QUIT.

How bout u get the facts STRAIGHT!!  I'm pretty damn sure Gilby Clarke was fired.  On top of that, this whole F'ing discussion has become a joke.  People's arguments and opinions recently have been as blindly ignorant and absurd as....well.. the creation of Chinese Democracy to this point.   smoking
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »

The only people who got fired/kicked out were Adler and Sorum. Get your facts straight. Slash QUIT. Duff QUIT. Izzy QUIT.

How bout u get the facts STRAIGHT!!  I'm pretty damn sure Gilby Clarke was fired.  On top of that, this whole F'ing discussion has become a joke.  People's arguments and opinions recently have been as blindly ignorant and absurd as....well.. the creation of Chinese Democracy to this point.   smoking

Actually they didn't really fire Gilby, they just stopped paying him  hihi
Kind of like Office Space http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFYRW4ZbHIA

But either way, doesn't make the other guy's comment that Axl "fired" Slash any less moronic when even Slash himself has never claimed Axl fired him or kicked him out of the band.  But thank you for picking through my post and finding an error that really doesn't impact my overall point, which is that that Slash, Duff and Izzy all quit by their own choice and anyone saying otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about rant rant  Cool
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

Jarmo, to me you are Guns N' Roses.   ok

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2007, 03:51:02 PM »

Jarmo, to me you are Guns N' Roses.   ok

To me you'll be "banned" very soon.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2007, 04:07:56 PM »

Don't know if anyone posted this yet;
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/15690883

Axl:When did you see me overreact
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.  That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.   If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.  Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.   Fuck a reunion.

Do you realize the irony of that statement?

no there is no irony.   Just because they play a lot of classic GnR songs during the shows doesn't mean they are living in 1987.    go to any rock show by a band with a 20+ year career and you shall see this.  I'm talking about the lineup of bandmembers. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.? That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.? ?If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.? Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.? ?Fuck a reunion.

Do you realize the irony of that statement?

no there is no irony.? ?Just because they play a lot of classic GnR songs during the shows doesn't mean they are living in 1987.? ? go to any rock show by a band with a 20+ year career and you shall see this.? I'm talking about the lineup of bandmembers.?

Grrrrrrrrreat point!

IN other news..... RS STILL hasn't even sent me this issue!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »

They're honoring  the album and those who made it, the cover is absolutely appropriate.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »

They're honoring? the album and those who made it, the cover is absolutely appropriate.

Agree and I love the lineup we have now

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2007, 05:34:51 PM »

oh god... this thread is turning into a war zone... no "What?s Guns N?Roses? Old or New?"  Lips Sealed guess now it?s my turn to say this should be in Dead Horse...

Ahhh!  I just picked up the new Rolling Stone at the store today.  Day off from work so I got to go to story-time with my wife and kids and then we hit the grocery store where I picked it up!  I was very gentle with it and my wife was making fun of me asking if I needed a seatbelt for it in the cart.  Smiley  The check-out lady even went along and individually wrapped it as I handed it to her instead of putting it on the conveyor belt.   hihi

It's like a Christmas present for me.   yes  I can't imagine when CD is actually in my hands.   beer

cool you got the magazine!  ok I can?t wait to get it too  Smiley meanwhile, could you post some scans for us to see please? that would be kind.  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »

oh god... this thread is turning into a war zone... no "What?s Guns N?Roses? Old or New?"  Lips Sealed guess now it?s my turn to say this should be in Dead Horse...

Good for you!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »

Good for you!

humm alright honey, nice to see you?re in good mood today  Kiss

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »

the best band in the world is fall out boy

what?  nervous

you have a great username  ok
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: