Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66536 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

No one is putting the old band down to support the new one. we just can't help loving the band for how it is.
Have you seen them?
I might add that in the past it often seemed to me that old fans tend to put the new band down to support the old one.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2007, 12:21:34 PM »

I'm relaxed dude... It's not because I wrote it with passion that I'm pissed or something. Sorry, next time I'll put the "Parental Advisory" stick before I write a post. I don't want to offend any 14 years old girl with my bad mouth. Now, I gotta get goin' to work.

Umm, sure. That's what I was talking about.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »

Any good exposure for GN'R's, old or new, is good in my book.  Can't wait to pick up that issue.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2007, 01:06:35 PM »

Ahhh!  I just picked up the new Rolling Stone at the store today.  Day off from work so I got to go to story-time with my wife and kids and then we hit the grocery store where I picked it up!  I was very gentle with it and my wife was making fun of me asking if I needed a seatbelt for it in the cart.  Smiley  The check-out lady even went along and individually wrapped it as I handed it to her instead of putting it on the conveyor belt.   hihi

It's like a Christmas present for me.   yes  I can't imagine when CD is actually in my hands.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.? That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.? ?If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.? Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.? ?Fuck a reunion.

I give you an update on what the "new band" is doing. Playing concerts where 85% of music is from 1987. Maybe you should tell Axl what year it is.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »

I give you an update on what the "new band" is doing. Playing concerts where 85% of music is from 1987. Maybe you should tell Axl what year it is.

where does the number come from? Have you seen a gnr show recently?
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »

the best band in the world is fall out boy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:44 PM »

Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs that the fans enjoy hearing. What's the world coming to? The horror!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:37 PM »

Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs that the fans enjoy hearing. What's the world coming to? The horror!

/jarmo

Just because a band keeps the name , doesn't make it true in the hearts of a lot of fans.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

/jarmo

Just because a band keeps the name , doesn't make it true in the hearts of a lot of fans.

That's true, but it also begs a question:  If you (not you personally) feel that sentiment is true, then what are you doing posting here?

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2007, 01:56:57 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe you should go read the Rolling Stone article.  There's a good quote in there from Izzy, when he was talking to Tracii Guns and explaining to him they were keeping the name Guns N' Roses even though Tracii had been replaced by Slash.  "It's just the name of the band, man"   hihi
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2007, 02:01:12 PM »

/jarmo

That's true, but it also begs a question:? If you (not you personally) feel that sentiment is true, then what are you doing posting here?

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

Just like you did by raiding the Rolling Stone blog and defending Axl for hours upon end.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »

/jarmo

That's true, but it also begs a question:? If you (not you personally) feel that sentiment is true, then what are you doing posting here?

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

Just like you did by raiding the Rolling Stone blog and defending Axl for hours upon end.

Jesus Christ, did you not read the part where I said NOT YOU PERSONALLY?  I was asking a general question.  Let me be more precise since you completely missed my point:  Why would you want to come to a board that is for supporting the new Guns N' Roses if you don't consider them Guns N' Roses?

Ali
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

If you were in a room full of concentration camp survivors do you think it would be wise to express something along the lines of: "you know that Hitler, I think he was doing a good thing"......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

Jesus Christ, did you not read the part where I said NOT YOU PERSONALLY?

I'm not taking it personally - I'm defending RageNirvanaNIN against your comments.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »

Those fans should not bother coming here then.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

I'm not taking it personally - I'm defending RageNirvanaNIN against your comments.

Again, what part of NOT YOU PERSONALLY do you not understand? ?I wasn't referring to HIM or YOU! ?I was asking a general question saying if you, the general you, don't want to support the new GN'R, then why would you post on a board that is about supporting the new GN'R?

Ali
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

If you were in a room full of concentration camp survivors do you think it would be wise to express something along the lines of: "you know that Hitler, I think he was doing a good thing"......

Holocaust analogy - wonderful.

Axl is the sole reason why the original band broke up, no one can dispute that.

He fired Slash, fired Matt, and then Duff left him.

All we're talking about is the prospect of a reunion.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11:32 PM »

Wrong.

A poster with several warning should be very careful about spreading lies.

Bye.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 02:16:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »

/jarmo

Ali

Expressing an opinion?

Again, what part of NOT YOU PERSONALLY do you not understand? ?I wasn't referring to HIM or YOU! ?I was asking a general question saying if you, the general you, don't want to support the new GN'R, then why would you post on a board that is about supporting the new GN'R?

Ali

Because this thread isn't about the new GN'R.

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: