Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66327 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »

Well, for what it's worth, I'm actually looking forward to getting my new Rolling Stone in the mail for the first time in a long time...  beer

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

I can't figure out why this thread is still open.

I can't figure out why a grown man would name his username the way you did
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »

I can't figure out why this thread is still open.

I can't figure out why a grown man would name his username the way you did
You fail, because I'm 14, and plus, if you automatically think homosexuality was my motive for naming my name so, there's a problem with you.

Fail on both accounts.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
bev
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »

This is a huge honour - being on the Rolling Stone cover is considered the holy grail for most performers/bands.  For the original GNR line up to achieve this honour some twenty years on and considering they are no longer together is nothing short of amazing.

This kind of acknowledgement is only reserved for the legends who have contributed a piece of art which is considered timeless.

As a fan I couldn't be prouder and when it's all said and done no matter who your favourite GNR line up is - I think the only thing that's important is to give the respect to Appetite and everyone involved in the making of this masterpiece.

I still remember the 1st time I heard the album as a 13 year old - rightly or wrongly I've been comparing music to this gem ever since.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2007, 07:47:03 PM »

I think its pretty cool the Orignal band got the cover of Rolling Stone. Appetite is surely one of the best albums ever made and for its 20th anniversary the least these guys should get is cover of a magazine.

Now if we could just get some news on the new album/U.S. Tour dates! ?ok ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »

These suit really fits you, doesn't it?

You have no idea who I am, newbie......

he`s about as long a member of this forum as you are dude ok

Touche !

btw man, dont go making threat on the internet, you did the same in a thread that got deleted just the other day, if nothing it is just a very, very sad thing to do. if you wanna make threats, do so in the real world...we'll see how far you get.

on topic...

Daviebuckethead I think I called you a 'young man' in the thread that got deleted the other day. There was a link to leak in that thread - you saw nothing wrong with it and you were way out of line. If you think the words 'young man' are threatening, you need to get a life!

You in fact have directly tried to threaten me with your "we'll see how far you get"........... rant

And yes, me saying you have no idea who I am is just that - you have no idea who I am. I'm not that petty to bring my high post count into it - it's got nothing to do with it.

Believe me, I am not here to "lick Axl's ass" as it was so crudly put - he and I are way past that stage...... Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »

If someday CD comes out and becomes part of history

Wrong, CD is already a part of history!? But yeah the cover is to celebrate AFD.? I think the AFD cover should be on the front page.

That is the samrtest thing that I have heard in a long time!!? ok
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:07:03 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »

when is this mag comeing out???

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2007, 12:05:24 AM »

Just bought this tonight at the airport on the way home from DC
Loved it
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »

in which day and month the album was released?

also the photo has been never used before? its of the same session of the other classic one, but was this one shown before?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

July 21st, 1987.

Don't know about the photo shoot question, though.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2007, 05:07:39 AM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.? That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.? ?If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.  Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2007, 05:22:44 AM »

Look Im a huge fan of the new guys - anyne who knows me knows Im a huge fan of Robin Finck - but Im not so blindly pigheaded to think that Robin and the guys deserve any credit to this bands success - YET.? When they release CD then they can have it.

Oh fuck off you irritating scab.? Go troll somewhere else.

I love the way AdZ gets right to the point!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2007, 05:26:06 AM »

Look Im a huge fan of the new guys - anyne who knows me knows Im a huge fan of Robin Finck - but Im not so blindly pigheaded to think that Robin and the guys deserve any credit to this bands success - YET.? When they release CD then they can have it.

Oh fuck off you irritating scab.? Go troll somewhere else.

YOu fuck off.

Oh wait I BET this post will be deleted now because I told a brown nosing two faced moderator where to go. ?See its ok for HIM to talk disrespectfully to me because Im just part of the 'little people'.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2007, 05:38:20 AM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.  That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.   If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

Yeah and you constantly undermine what those original guys did for this band.  Newsflash mate you wouldnt even know about your "Greatest Rockn Roll Band of 2007" if it werent for those guys.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.   Fuck a reunion.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.  That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.   If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.

not true, i just do not really care about taking trips back to 1987, I'd prefer to live in 2007 and I'm only concerned with what the current lineup is doing.   Fuck a reunion.

Good call. I feel the exact same way. I can't tell you how many forums I go to that I don't even post in anymore because thats all the threads are filled with.

My stance stays the same; I'd rather see GNR today, with people who want to be a part of it today.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2007, 06:58:28 AM »

I have seen the current line-up on several occasions. I was also very fortunate enough to have seen the AFD line-up a few times. You really shouldn't compare. They are two completely separate incarnations.

Rolling Stone Magazine is simply re-living the amazing achievement of one the most iconic albums in the last twenty years. There is nothing sinister to that. The fact that the cover includes the members who recorded the Album is in no way disrespectful to the current line-up.

There are a lot of people bitching about the current line-up not getting credit etc.  Unfortunately these are probably the ones armed with a copy of AFD that ask the current line-up to sign and don't see how stupid that is.

Keep em under your wheels.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2007, 07:13:37 AM »

I have seen the current line-up on several occasions. I was also very fortunate enough to have seen the AFD line-up a few times. You really shouldn't compare. They are two completely separate incarnations.

Rolling Stone Magazine is simply re-living the amazing achievement of one the most iconic albums in the last twenty years. There is nothing sinister to that. The fact that the cover includes the members who recorded the Album is in no way disrespectful to the current line-up.

There are a lot of people bitching about the current line-up not getting credit etc.  Unfortunately these are probably the ones armed with a copy of AFD that ask the current line-up to sign and don't see how stupid that is.

I know this really isn't on topic, but I'd like to point out how true what you're saying is. I have AFD, Lies and both Illusions on vinyl in my living room (I'm hoping CD gets released on vinyl so I can add that too). When I went to see GNR at the Palace in November of last year people would ask if I was going to take any of my albums to have signed and I can't imagine why they would expect me to ask Robin or Richard to sign albums they didn't play on.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2007, 07:18:42 AM »

There are a lot of people bitching about the current line-up not getting credit etc.? Unfortunately these are probably the ones armed with a copy of AFD that ask the current line-up to sign and don't see how stupid that is.

I know this really isn't on topic, but I'd like to point out how true what you're saying is. I have AFD, Lies and both Illusions on vinyl in my living room (I'm hoping CD gets released on vinyl so I can add that too). When I went to see GNR at the Palace in November of last year people would ask if I was going to take any of my albums to have signed and I can't imagine why they would expect me to ask Robin or Richard to sign albums they didn't play on.

Exactly dude... I saw a Tommy solo show.. I had him sign a GNR shirt... But it was from the 02 tour.. No way I woulda took my UYI tye dye shirt for that
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

Guys, its a 'stock' photo. Rolling stone do not have to pay for it. Hence why its used.
Simple
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: