Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66337 times)
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »

It's real hard to believe!!! Definately!!! It's real hard to believe that some people here are bitching about the new band It's not on the cover of RS. What the new band did to be on the cover of Rolling Fuckin' Stone Magazine? Officially and absolutely nothing!!! Ok they toured recentely... But these tours are pretty much based on Appetite For Destruction. That's the main reason for the cover. Appetite For Destuction. And this album was written for the original line up. Doesn't matter what the Axl's fanatics think. It's pretty simple to me and the majority of people that are not blindly in love with Axl or don't visit foruns every fuckin' day. And for this majority of people the real band will always be the original line up or the 1991 line up. And this , Axl's ass lickers, this is something you will never change,

Do you really think if one day Chinese Democracy comes out and it becomes a real classic, who you'll think It'll be on the cover of Rolling Stone? The new band? Of Course not, will be just Axl and the headline will probably be "The Genious behind Chinese Democracy". It won't have any Dizzy or Tommy picutres. ?If someday CD comes out and becomes part of history It'll be like Pet Sounds. Who talks about Pet Sounds talks about Brian Wilson. ?And there's not puttin' the new band down. There are some great guys over there.. Like Robin, Richard, Frank. But Robin was some day out and came back. Tommy toured solo. For more that you try, It's hard for anyone that follows the music industry and don't listen exclusively to Guns N' Roses see these news gunners as band members and not some hired musicians.

But the fact today is . Old Band released 5 albuns, 4 of them were major hits. They toured around the world and Sold Out Stadiums all around. In 8 years they've made 5 albuns. They are part of Rock N' Roll history. The new band have nothing officially released, toured 2 times, these tours were pretty much based on the old band music, one of these tours were cancelled, the second one is goin' well selling out arenas . They're strugglin' to release an album for the last 8 years at least.

I think It's pretty clear to me and to anyone that has a free judgement why the old band is on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »

And this , Axl's ass lickers, this is something you will never change,

I think It's pretty clear to me and to anyone that has a free judgement why the old band is on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

Axl's ass lickers! How judgemental are you!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2007, 12:00:08 PM »

These suit really fits you, doesn't it?
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

It's real hard to believe!!! Definately!!! It's real hard to believe that some people here are bitching about the new band It's not on the cover of RS. What the new band did to be on the cover of Rolling Fuckin' Stone Magazine? Officially and absolutely nothing!!! Ok they toured recentely... But these tours are pretty much based on Appetite For Destruction. That's the main reason for the cover. Appetite For Destuction. And this album was written for the original line up. Doesn't matter what the Axl's fanatics think. It's pretty simple to me and the majority of people that are not blindly in love with Axl or don't visit foruns every fuckin' day. And for this majority of people the real band will always be the original line up or the 1991 line up. And this , Axl's ass lickers, this is something you will never change,

Do you really think if one day Chinese Democracy comes out and it becomes a real classic, who you'll think It'll be on the cover of Rolling Stone? The new band? Of Course not, will be just Axl and the headline will probably be "The Genious behind Chinese Democracy". It won't have any Dizzy or Tommy picutres.  If someday CD comes out and becomes part of history It'll be like Pet Sounds. Who talks about Pet Sounds talks about Brian Wilson.  And there's not puttin' the new band down. There are some great guys over there.. Like Robin, Richard, Frank. But Robin was some day out and came back. Tommy toured solo. For more that you try, It's hard for anyone that follows the music industry and don't listen exclusively to Guns N' Roses see these news gunners as band members and not some hired musicians.

But the fact today is . Old Band released 5 albuns, 4 of them were major hits. They toured around the world and Sold Out Stadiums all around. In 8 years they've made 5 albuns. They are part of Rock N' Roll history. The new band have nothing officially released, toured 2 times, these tours were pretty much based on the old band music, one of these tours were cancelled, the second one is goin' well selling out arenas . They're strugglin' to release an album for the last 8 years at least.

While somewhat crude, this guy makes a lot of sense.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »

You have no idea who I am, newbie......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2007, 12:10:23 PM »

If someday CD comes out and becomes part of history

Wrong, CD is already a part of history!  But yeah the cover is to celebrate AFD.  I think the AFD cover should be on the front page.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »

without Appetite what would the new band play during the concerts  rofl

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »

Wrong, CD is already a part of history!  But yeah the cover is to celebrate AFD.  I think the AFD cover should be on the front page.

Front page of what? This website?

Why?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »

Front page of what? This website?

Why?

nervous

Rolling Stone...you know the basis of this threa...

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2007, 01:41:34 PM »

he`s about as long a member of this forum as you are dude ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »

he`s about as long a member of this forum as you are dude ok

Touche !

btw man, dont go making threat on the internet, you did the same in a thread that got deleted just the other day, if nothing it is just a very, very sad thing to do. if you wanna make threats, do so in the real world...we'll see how far you get.

on topic...

i cant believe this thread has gone on so long!

the magazine is celebrating 20 years of AFD, there was also a thread on this forum dedicated to the same topic.
i dont mind that it has the old line up on the front cover at all. after all it is celebrating AFD, so it is fitting that those whop created AFD be on the cover.

i dont think matt sorum will be sitting around cursing the fact that steven and not him on the cover!? because he didnt record or creat AFD.....

i dont think this will harm the band at all, ther will be a reference to the band in the magazine about the tour and what next for them etc.

if anything its a bit of free publicity.

people just need to chill.....its a magazine
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:54:48 PM by daviebuckethead » Logged

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »

I think that the issue should celebrate not only the album itself, but the people who made the album, no matter where they are today, and should include the current Guns, VR, etc.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »

And this , Axl's ass lickers, this is something you will never change,

Axl's ass lickers! How judgemental are you!

you have spent over 18 days here in 3 months and have a daily post average a little over 23... doesn't mean you're anything more than a person with a little more time on their hands than some other G&R fans

no need to call people newbies cuz your post count far exceeds what it should
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:06:48 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
allsummersingle
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »

nice to see gnr getting another rolling stone cover!
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses (past and present) , but I didn't know there were so many DOUCHE BAG FANS!!!

For those who say this is bad or somehow disrespecting what Axl's trying to do now, GET A FUCKING CLUE!!

Look at the facts: ?Appetite for Destruction made GNR famous and successful. ?The original 5 guys made that album. In most media circles it's still by far the reason that GNR is still relevant. ?Axl hasn't released a original album in 16 years. ?He tours around under the GNR name and the majority of the songs played are off of AFD.

Axl once said that he "Wanted to destroy (or some similar word) Appetite for Destruction"

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction. ?

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect. ? If he wants respect and if he doesn't want an old picture of the original band on the cover... He should release some new F'ing music. ?End of story.

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Guns N Roses (past and present) , but I didn't know there were so many DOUCHE BAG FANS!!!

For those who say this is bad or somehow disrespecting what Axl's trying to do now, GET A FUCKING CLUE!!

Look at the facts: ?Appetite for Destruction made GNR famous and successful. ?The original 5 guys made that album. In most media circles it's still by far the reason that GNR is still relevant. ?Axl hasn't released a original album in 16 years. ?He tours around under the GNR name and the majority of the songs played are off of AFD.

Axl once said that he "Wanted to destroy (or some similar word) Appetite for Destruction"

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction. ?

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect. ? If he wants respect and if he doesn't want an old picture of the original band on the cover... He should release some new F'ing music. ?End of story.

I think the majority of people on this board understand this. I even think the new gnr understand. This is one of the greatest albums of all time and the people on that cover (AND ONLY THOSE PEOPLE) have anything to do with it. There are only a few idiots on these boards that think GNR started in 2002 with axl and some new employees covering all the music (from the guys on that cover).
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »

Well he's not doing a very good job of it by not releasing new material in 16 years and continuing to have Chinese Demcracy tours be filled up with songs off of Appetite for Destruction.?

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect.

i think he said he wanted to bury it.. that was when he promoted UYI i think.. right me if i'm wrong.. and that's 16 years ago..

do you still think the way you did 16 years ago, do you act, live and talk like you did 16 years ago? were you born 16 years ago?

yeah damn axl for playing the songs most part of the crowds love and know.. fuck him Roll Eyes

wtf is that about getting automatically respect? confused
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2007, 04:47:15 PM »

Axl Rose should get respect because he's Axl Rose..

I think everyone here respects the musicians that made those records... I think the members now should get respect because they have been the band for many years like dizzy, robin and tommy..those three have my respect hands down.

This version of G&R don't have the publics respect because there is nothing to respect them for, there is no material for them to be judged. Many here I believe are just tired of hearing about what GnR was and want to enjoy what G&R is..but maybe thats just me

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

I really hope Axl will release Chinese Democracy soon and get some respect, but unlike some of you people on this site, I dont' think Axl should automatically get that respect.

i think he said he wanted to bury it.. that was when he promoted UYI i think.. right me if i'm wrong.. and that's 16 years ago..

do you still think the way you did 16 years ago, do you act, live and talk like you did 16 years ago? were you born 16 years ago?

yeah damn axl for playing the songs most part of the crowds love and know.. fuck him Roll Eyes

wtf is that about getting automatically respect? confused

What the hell point are you trying to make??? I've seen that lame ass argument used numerous times on this site. ?What I was trying to say was that this cover is a good thing, regardless of whether Axl likes it or not. ?What really made me mad was people trying to say this was bad and somehow disrespectful to those currently in "GNR." ?

I wouldn't think it would be too disrespectful to them, seeing as how they basically (in a sense) ?do a tribute to those songs during every concert they perform. ?The bottom line is: This cover is great for the memory of the original GNR and shows that people still think the album in newsworthy 20 years later. ?If Axl or a few of you "fans" want to distance yourself from that era of actually releasing albums....Then I would suggest actually releasing Chinese Democracy.? ?That's all.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:54:13 PM by novrain91 » Logged
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »

I can't figure out why this thread is still open.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: