Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66155 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »

Yeh, but if Rolling Stone want a magazine that is relevant to the times, then they should tune in to what is going on today. Lazy journalism!

Which would be??

A tour thats happened in 2002, 2006, and this year again, an album thats not out yet?

Theres no news to report on GNR right now.. Yes they're playing great shows, to great crowds.. But i'll take a story on a album thats 20 years old any day... It means the album is still relevant to this day... Plus its GREAT, FREE promotion for Guns N' Roses!!

Yep, I'd talk about the touring for a start....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »

Yeh, but if Rolling Stone want a magazine that is relevant to the times, then they should tune in to what is going on today. Lazy journalism!
You seem to be missing the point. They are celebrating 20 years. (THE NEW BAND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!)
Tune in to what is going on today? With gnr? not really anything relevant. Sure, they play the old songs really well. Then again, so does alot of cover bands every Friday and Saturday night at your local bar. They just dont have axl singing. When the album comes out, and there is something important to say, than I am sure mags will write about it.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2007, 09:57:23 AM »

You seem to be missing the point. They are celebrating 20 years. (THE NEW BAND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!)
Tune in to what is going on today? With gnr? not really anything relevant. Sure, they play the old songs really well. Then again, so does alot of cover bands every Friday and Saturday night at your local bar. They just dont have axl singing. When the album comes out, and there is something important to say, than I am sure mags will write about it.

No I'm not missing the point, I am going beyond the point.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »

No I'm not missing the point, I am going beyond the point.

Now if only Axl and the band would. All these arguments would go away.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2007, 10:01:36 AM »

Or maybe Rolling Stone wanted to put a band on the cover (old or new) that would move issues off the news stand and Hinder just didn't seem to be that band. 

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2007, 10:03:43 AM »

Didn't Duran Duran put an album out 20 years ago!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »

Oh come on now.

Look. Whenever landmark albums hit a new anniversary, music magazines do this. Pet Sounds, Dark Side of the Moon, Led Zeppelin IV, London Calling, Nevermind... it happens for all of them.

If something like this hadn't happened there wouldn't have been about 5 threads whining about how Rolling Stone sucks, is out of date, doesn't know what they're doing and so on and so on.

To me, the question isn't whether or not putting GNR on the cover to celebrate the landmark of AFD hitting 20. The question is whether or not they went about it the right way.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2007, 10:09:18 AM »

To me, the question isn't whether or not putting GNR on the cover to celebrate the landmark of AFD hitting 20. The question is whether or not they went about it the right way.

Hence, my comment about "tuning in to what is going on today".

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2007, 10:22:05 AM »

Today?... nothing's going on today.

? I guess it would be better to forget about AFD then.

Oh yeah RS really fucked up bigtime!? I can't believe 8 pages of bitching in celebration of the major reason we all love this band.

I think they should have had Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy,Del, Gilby, Roberta, Tracy, Teddy, Paul, Dave Navarro, Zakk, Robin, Tommy, Bucket, Brain, Frank, Bumble, Pitman, and Richard....(I'm sure I forgot a few ohter people)

now that would be a cover!? ?

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:23:37 AM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »

How can some people keep on ignoring the politics of it all!

Do you vote at elections?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »

Me, I think they should have done a triple-gatefold cover that opened up, one celebrating the 20th Anniversary of AFD, the second cover featuring the current GnR, and the third a shot of Velvet Revolver...
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »

It is celabration of one of the greatest albums of all-time.  That is it.  The 5 people on that album are Axl, Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy.  Someday, the new GNR may be on the cover, but possibly not until they officially release some new recordings.  It is up to the editors of the mag.  People love Appetite.  The songs are really good you know?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »

It is a great honor for Guns N Roses to get this magazine cover. ?Alot of you are failing to see that. ?Another thing that alot of you are not understanding is that as of right now in the minds of the media Guns N Roses are Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven or Matt, and Dizzy. ?If you go to a cd store and buy any of Guns N Roses cd's you are not going to find one without that line-up on it...besides TSI which also has Gilby. ?The bottom line is even though the new Guns line-up has been pretty stable over the past 10 years the media always refers to it as some kind of revolving door of musicians or "hired guns." ?Once "Chinese Democracy" comes out it will finally be OFFICIAL that the old line-up is no longer Guns N Roses, because you will be able to purchase music under the GNR name that does not include Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven or Matt.....then and only then will the press finally give this line-up the respect they deserve.and they do deserve it, I have seen them 6 times and every time has been amazing..until then expect more magazine covers with outake shots of the AFD line-up....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2007, 10:46:56 AM »

yes it is a great honor to get the cover and yes AFD is a great album worth a 20 year celebration.  That is no question.

But putting the AFD lineup on the cover and stamping it as "Guns N' Roses" is completely fucked up and undermining what Axl is trying to do with the album.   If they wanted to keep it in good taste, the cover should have just been a shot of Axl, or the album cover.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »

So to debate that point; how would you have handled it?

If you were going to celebrate the anniversary of AFD in your rock magazine who would you put on the cover?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »

If you were going to celebrate the anniversary of AFD in your rock magazine who would you put on the cover?

Oh, I don't know! Tracii Gunns and Axl maybe! Or, perhaps I would have a balanced article about it inside the mag - the cover photo is not the right way to go about it.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »

Oh, I don't know! Tracii Gunns and Axl maybe! Or, perhaps I would have a balanced article about it inside the mag - the cover photo is not the right way to go about it.

Oh ok... so you're saying to skip the cover altogether. Just having an article about the album and then talk about whats happening now?

Yeah, that'd be cool too.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2007, 11:09:03 AM »

FYI all,

Izzy has said (and this is on his fan site and RS.com) that he MAY drop by to see Steven Adler's show on the 28th.

So, even Izzy isn't definite.

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2007, 11:12:35 AM »

FYI all,

Izzy has said (and this is on his fan site and RS.com) that he MAY drop by to see Steven Adler's show on the 28th.

Ali

ill bet ya its just steven...hell be lucky if the rest of Adler's Appetite shows up......(watch i say this and the whole band actually does show up including Axl... rofl
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »

FYI all,

Ali

ill bet ya its just steven...hell be lucky if the rest of Adler's Appetite shows up......(watch i say this and the whole band actually does show up including Axl... rofl

Lol.....good one....Here I am watching a Scrubs re-run and BAM, Dr. Cox is droppin' jokes both on the TV and on the computer.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: