Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:53:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 66167 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2007, 06:45:18 AM »

i dont think its guns in any form.

id say its cooper

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »

Well since Axl's NOT part of it, that's not happening either.

Never said he was, or it was....
rubinho.ma
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:03 AM »

What the hell's with all the commotion? Its a cover and article talking about 'Appetite', an album that was released by the original lineup 20 years ago, and nothing else. Where would the logic be in printing a picture of the lineup of GnR as they are now when they aren't the band, minus Axl, who actually made that record 20 years ago.

All this talk about it hurting the new lineup is total bullshit. Its commemerating a 20 year old album. Its not saying that this is GnR now.
It looks like some people wish to give new band the credits for AFD too. Completely absurd.
P.S.: What makes Axl alone so much more GN'R than other four original members? (new members didn't write any part of the story 'till now...)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2007, 06:49:10 AM »

What the hell's with all the commotion? Its a cover and article talking about 'Appetite', an album that was released by the original lineup 20 years ago, and nothing else. Where would the logic be in printing a picture of the lineup of GnR as they are now when they aren't the band, minus Axl, who actually made that record 20 years ago.

All this talk about it hurting the new lineup is total bullshit. Its commemerating a 20 year old album. Its not saying that this is GnR now.
It looks like some people wish to give new band the credits for AFD too. Completely absurd.
P.S.: What makes Axl alone so much more GN'R than other four original members? (new members didn't write any part of the story 'till now...)

Looks like some people can't read. Absurd considering this is a message board which requires reading and writing skills.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:10 AM »

I really hope that IF one day GUNS N ROSES dis-unite and go separate ways they will re-unite again after some time for a special ocassion... It would be great to see a big re-unite concert with AXL on vocals, ROBIN on guitar, RICHARD on guitar, RON on guitar, TOMMY on bass, CHRIS on synth, DIZZY on synth and FRANK on drums...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:52:02 AM by velimir » Logged
rubinho.ma
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2007, 06:54:21 AM »

Looks like some people can't read. Absurd considering this is a message board which requires reading and writing skills.
/jarmo
Ok. I can't read and write. Now that's true, because you want it. I had enough of this already. Good bye. Hope we get some good news next days, from the new or the old band. That would end these empty discussions...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:58:19 AM by rubinho.ma » Logged
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2007, 06:56:00 AM »

/jarmo
Ok. I can't read and write. That's true, because you want it. I had enough of this already. Good bye.

ok bye
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2007, 06:56:52 AM »

/jarmo
Ok. I can't read and write. That's true, because you want it. I had enough of this already. Good bye.

Great.  ok

I've had enough of liars and people who put words in my mouth for this morning.

People who, when asked for proof, run away and hide.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2007, 06:57:23 AM »

P.S.: What makes Axl alone so much more GN'R than other four original members?

Like it or not Axl IS the brains behind the whole operation.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2007, 06:58:52 AM »

Just the fact that he IS in GN'R and the others are NOT anymore? hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2007, 06:59:09 AM »

This is really getting out of hand. ?It's amazing that such a great thing can turn into such a vicious argument. ?I don't think anyone ever said anything about giving the new band credit for AFD. ?The guys had nothing to do with the creation of that album. ?They've done a stellar job playing the songs in concerts but it ends there. ?The old band did some fantastic things, they were the most dangerous band in the world at their height. ?I don't think ANYONE is trying to take that away from them. ?The new band has been an ongoing process and I hope that someday they can reach the heights of the old band. ?They're not there yet, but from the material we've heard they've certainly got the potential in my opinion.

As someone said earlier in this thread, this is an article about one of the greatest albums ever that was released 20 years ago. ?For that reason the bulk of the article will be about the band back in those days. ?I'm sure it'll give some updates on what those members are up to today (VR and GNR). ?That's all there is to it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »

Great.? ok

I've had enough of liars and people who put words in my mouth for this morning.

People who, when asked for proof, run away and hide.

/jarmo
Just relax. I wasn't referring to you when I said the AFD thing. You are the site/forum owner, but you shouldn't get all comments as if they were directed at you. Now I'm really going... Bye.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:07:37 AM by rubinho.ma » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2007, 07:28:53 AM »

Axl should try to prevent this cover to be released. That's not what GN'R needs right now. They are playing their asses of all over the world and that fucking RS magazine pops up with an old old old old old pic of a lineup that's long gone.

Fuck that.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2007, 07:38:05 AM »

I bet they wanted to do an interview with Axl and if they had gotten it, wouldn't have any problems with a picture of the new band on the cover...

But Axl declined...

Like peeing clouds!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:20 AM »

Axl should try to prevent this cover to be released. That's not what GN'R needs right now. They are playing their asses of all over the world and that fucking RS magazine pops up with an old old old old old pic of a lineup that's long gone.

Fuck that.

I agree and disagree with that at the same time.

On one hand I think it's cool that RS is celebrating the anniversary of AFD and theres just no way they could do that with a picture of anyone other then the people that recorded it.

However I totally agree with the fact that these current members work their asses off to keep it going and this type of thing has to suck for them.

Hey.... maybe if some promotion for the album starts we can get a similar cover with the current lineup celebrating Chinese Democracy?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »

this would be an ideal time for chinese democracy to drop.   like it or not, this inappropiate RS cover is going to promote GnR nostalgia to the masses, therefore general interest in GnR is going to go up.   and this is GnR's perfect opportunity to capitalize on that.   Hopefully the album is in those stages where they can anounce a date.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »

Like it or not Axl IS the brains behind the whole operation.

Exactly. That is why there is a new GNR today.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »

I don't know boys and girls, it seems rather difficult to worry about the careers of those who haven't done much on their own.  Touring as much as they have is great, but as some have mentioned so far, until they release something new, there isn't much credit to be given. 

It's doubtful that anyone on the editorial staff of Rolling Stone cares how this cover and story will affect Axl and the new band's career.  Moreover, why should they really?  They're job is to sell magazines.  Appetite is still one of the biggest albums of all time.  And I'll say it again, what does anyone in the new band, with the exception of Axl, have anything to do with why Appetite is still regarded as one of the greatest albums?  It's not inappropriate at all.  Inappropriate would have been to put up a picture of the new band to celebrate Appetite's 20th anniversary.

And what could Axl do to suppress the magazine?  There's absolutely nothing he can do.  If he couldn't put a stop to Greatest Hits, he surely is powerless when it comes to a magazine.

Let's just celebrate how our favourite band, even in their original formation, is on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine again.  At least the publication is paying tribute to one of the great rock albums of the last 30 years.

When Axl and the band decides to release Chinese Democracy, then they can do something different; then it can be the new band's day. 

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2007, 08:20:51 AM »

Yeh, but if Rolling Stone want a magazine that is relevant to the times, then they should tune in to what is going on today. Lazy journalism!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »

Yeh, but if Rolling Stone want a magazine that is relevant to the times, then they should tune in to what is going on today. Lazy journalism!

Which would be??

A tour thats happened in 2002, 2006, and this year again, an album thats not out yet?

Theres no news to report on GNR right now.. Yes they're playing great shows, to great crowds.. But i'll take a story on a album thats 20 years old any day... It means the album is still relevant to this day... Plus its GREAT, FREE promotion for Guns N' Roses!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: