Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post  (Read 39917 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »

Slash said he hasn't heard any STP albums.

Slash says: ?I wasn?t a fan of any albums Brendan had done before so I needed some convincing but as soon as we spoke on the phone I knew he was what we needed. "

He says "any of the albums". That pretty much implies he's aware of what albums Brendan had done in the past.

Now, it's possible he knows Brendan produced STP, but since Slash never was a fan of that band, he didn't bother listening to their albums.

So in other words, he wouldn't be a fan of their albums produced by Brendan because he wasn't into the band.

Just like I don't listen to anything put out by Bon Jovi because I'm not a fan of their work..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »

Ok good now we've gone full circle.  Slash said FROM THE START that he only knew of STP from their songs on the radio, implying that he never bought or listenned to any of their (Brendan O'Brien produced) albums.

Therefore, Slash knew what Weiland sounded like and was capable of, and didn't dislike him or his songwriting skills.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2007, 06:35:56 PM »

Ok good now we've gone full circle.  Slash said FROM THE START that he only knew of STP from their songs on the radio, implying that he never bought or listenned to any of their (Brendan O'Brien produced) albums.

Therefore, Slash knew what Weiland sounded like and was capable of, and didn't dislike him or his songwriting skills.

But he wasn't a fan either.  Wink rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2007, 06:51:21 PM »

Maybe, and this is just a maybe, because Slash is talking about Brendan Obrien as a producer, he didnt like the production of any of the labums he's done? nervous
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »

I remember Duff saying a while back that he was never really a fan of STP before Scott joined, and then after he joined he said he bought all of their records and loved em all.  I don't doubt that slash was any different.  Btw, why not mention that Dave had known Scott from his STP/MJY days, and probably vouched for him when the band considered him.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »

Ok good now we've gone full circle.? Slash said FROM THE START that he only knew of STP from their songs on the radio, implying that he never bought or listenned to any of their (Brendan O'Brien produced) albums.

This may sound strange, but to me it would seem that Axl not Slash would be more into Stp. A lot of their albums were very melody driven.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »

This discussion on whether Slash liked or no STP is just pointless... You may don?t like or be a fan of a band but you may appreciate the band members skills (I?m not a fan of Metallica but I love the work of Hetfield, Ullrich and Hammet)... that?s what happened with Slash... he wasn?t a fan of STP but respected and appreciated Scott?s work and skills. I don?t see what?s so weird and outrageous in this... but as usual we keep making up stories to pass out the time...  Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2007, 10:04:45 PM »

Jarmo is right.

If u arent a fan of something, that means u dont LIKE IT.

I think the translation is universal in any language.

It doesn't mean Slash HATED the albums, but he certainly didn't like them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »

Jesus Christ, is this a slight case of over-analyzing Slash's musical preferences or what?   Roll Eyes

I never expected VR to last forever and it seems increasingly now that they won't. But I love what they've given us, and I can't understand why people are bashing them so heavily - for me, it's always a great happening when ex-gunners put out albums, tour the world etc. Also, I think some people choose to dislike VR for other reasons than the music, which is kind of sad. The whole GNR vs. VR thing is so ridiculous.

Conclusions (and in no way are these meant to be disrespectful towards great musicians):

Scott Weiland is finding it hard to deal with other people without the substance blurry filter.

Matt Sorum proves again and again that drummers should not open their mouth (Adler is another "victim" of this mysterious syndrome).

...and, when all this is over, Dave Kushner will be laughing all the way to the bank without ever having to worry about unpaid bills again.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

...and, when all this is over, Dave Kushner will be laughing all the way to the bank without ever having to worry about unpaid bills again.

beer   hihi
Good one.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »

and he can continue to make silly fart noises with his guitar.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2007, 01:00:51 AM »

in related news, this scott weiland interview has made a top news article over at ultimate-guitar with the prospect of STP reuniting. I think they are getting a bit carried away...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2007, 01:34:29 AM »

What? Huh
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Jesus Christ, is this a slight case of over-analyzing Slash's musical preferences or what?? ?Roll Eyes

I never expected VR to last forever and it seems increasingly now that they won't. But I love what they've given us, and I can't understand why people are bashing them so heavily - for me, it's always a great happening when ex-gunners put out albums, tour the world etc. Also, I think some people choose to dislike VR for other reasons than the music, which is kind of sad. The whole GNR vs. VR thing is so ridiculous.

Conclusions (and in no way are these meant to be disrespectful towards great musicians):

Scott Weiland is finding it hard to deal with other people without the substance blurry filter.

Matt Sorum proves again and again that drummers should not open their mouth (Adler is another "victim" of this mysterious syndrome).

I think Spinal Tap has proven to us that drummers are a dime-a-dozen anyway! 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2007, 03:01:07 AM »

Beyond that... I think Guns' fame has always been somewhat of a burden for Scott... made him uncomfortable, etc. He seems at least somewhat paranoid that many critics think he just rode the coat-tails of Axl's old band to some post-STP commercial success.

Uncomfortable, he tried to milk the whole thing to death. Ever heard of meglomania?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2007, 04:02:47 AM »

What? Huh

aw come on!  robman speaks teh truth.   dont act like you dont notice the fart noises.  hihi
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2007, 04:05:12 AM »

What? Huh

aw come on!? robman speaks teh truth.? ?dont act like you dont notice the fart noises.? hihi

Yes, I have to do that in my 7th Grade classroom!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »

This discussion on whether Slash liked or no STP is just pointless... You may don?t like or be a fan of a band but you may appreciate the band members skills (I?m not a fan of Metallica but I love the work of Hetfield, Ullrich and Hammet)... that?s what happened with Slash... he wasn?t a fan of STP but respected and appreciated Scott?s work and skills. I don?t see what?s so weird and outrageous in this... but as usual we keep making up stories to pass out the time...  Roll Eyes

Considering he hated Pearl Jam, a band that was part of the scene that STP latched itself onto, it's not as stupid as you might think.

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2007, 10:04:03 AM »

Considering he hated Pearl Jam, a band that was part of the scene that STP latched itself onto, it's not as stupid as you might think.

/jarmo

But I still don?t get it... lol maybe I?m kinda dumb today but... even if he didn?t like STP... what?s wrong with that? Just because Scott is in the same band as he is, does he have to like Scott?s previous band?
I?m pretty sure he liked Scott?s job as a frontman and songwritter, regardless of not liking his band... and he felt Scott suited VR as an individual, not the STP frontman... Again... what?s so weird about this? I don?t get it...  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »

What? Huh

aw come on!? robman speaks teh truth.? ?dont act like you dont notice the fart noises.? hihi
hihi hihi 

Hey, we need a little humor in between all the serious discussion that goes on...some of us could go WAY off topic, here, and just discuss fart noises. Tongue  (only kidding....)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: