Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post  (Read 40006 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »

even when bands are on the verge of breaking up...they don't say the shit these guys are saying in the press. all seems very bad in VR camp.. I think alot goes back to slash visiting axl a couple years ago.. only slash and - i take it- beta know what really happened and the VR guys were really pissed about that, slash has been all over the place with what he said up there... wasn't there a rumor right around that time that slash loaded up his guitar rig out of the studio and quit??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:00:37 AM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2007, 09:56:40 AM »

His ego is to fucking big, he tried out.

Izzy has more talent in his ball sweat then scott will ever have,  yes

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »

Talk about an ego...Scott wouldnt even try out for the Rolling Stones??  I'm taking it that no one has told Scott that he is just another average 90's singer...at best.... 
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2007, 12:36:16 PM »

I havent read this board much lately, but last week I just wanted to get an update on things and people weren't just as excited as they were when VR released Contraband 3 years ago.? Prior to Contraband, VR was all over the place, news, interviews, radio...the marketing campaign did really help out boosting the album sales (and a few great songs in there). The band also looked tight...I didnt agree with many things said on interviews (specially Scott's) but they looked and felt alright.

This time around I dont see that. I havent heard the album so I can't comment on that (just heard two songs, SBQM - didnt like it - and The Last Fight - which I thought it was great) but the impression I get is that the band is not as tight as they were. Seems like they released this album for contractual reasons. The interviews I've seen and read are so dull... Truth is, I don't think the band members didnt really believe the "dangerous Rock and Roll" sorta life they were selling three years back, but sure they did have a bit more enthusiasm.

This interview, well..it's just not diplomatic. Sure you dont have to be diplomatic if you are in a rock band, but critisicing other band members sure is not the way to keep the band going. Also, leaving the door open for STP to reunite (which is not a bad thing) gives a few hints to what the future will bring us.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

Anyways, Scott thinks that Wu-Tang is more influenced by the Beatles than Grandmaster Flash?  He could be right.

no

WP: Scott Weiland, the singer for Velvet Revolver, wanted me to ask you who was more influential to Wu-Tang Clan between the Beatles and Grandmaster Flash.

GZA: Grandmaster Flash. I don't think most of the Clan is that familiar with the Beatles. I know some of their songs and I listened to a Beatles album on the way home from Europe. They made great music. Great songwriters. But coming up in the era of hip-hop, we knew more of the Grandmaster Flash songs. Now if you ask RZA, it might be an equal balance of both because he produces and is more in tune with that. The Beatles made great music. You hear their songs all the time. That's what great music is all about. It's timeless. If you listen to Grandmaster Flash's "The Message," that's a timeless song. I would give him a little more edge.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »

Here you go, from Slash himself

?I wasn?t a fan of any albums Brendan [O'Brien] had done before"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007350776,00.html

O'Brien produced all the STP albums.  So I guess that should put to rest the suggestion that Slash was an STP fan.  Or is it still just "unfounded speculation"?   hihi

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »

Dammit!... I was thinking RZA in particular would answer The Bealtes.

I thought it was a really good question anyways.   ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2007, 03:15:36 PM »

O'Brien produced all the STP albums.  So I guess that should put to rest the suggestion that Slash was an STP fan.  Or is it still just "unfounded speculation"?   hihi

Havent we established that Slash knew STP from the radio, not their albums? 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

O'Brien produced all the STP albums. So I guess that should put to rest the suggestion that Slash was an STP fan. Or is it still just "unfounded speculation"? hihi

Why do you post in the Velvet Revolver section more than the Guns N' Roses section?    hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »

Havent we established that Slash knew STP from the radio, not their albums? 

What he knew and what he was a fan of are two different things.

He did not like the STP albums, according to himself.

No matter how many times he had heard it on the radio.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »

slash was right, what a fraud you are mister weiland.

let's face it, you'll never sing like axl, and you'll never write like izzy.

everyone can see you're just an average singer full of jealousy of
their talent, coming from an american band people don't really care about.

slash, duff, throw this guy where you found him, the toilets.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2007, 03:58:57 PM »

O'Brien produced all the STP albums. So I guess that should put to rest the suggestion that Slash was an STP fan. Or is it still just "unfounded speculation"? hihi

Why do you post in the Velvet Revolver section more than the Guns N' Roses section?    hihi

Since you mentioned it, fewer than 20% of my posts have been made on the VR board.

Nice attempt at a diversionary tactic though  ok

Do you have anything to say about the claims that Slash liked STP even though he clear as day says he wasn't a fan of any of the albums Brendan O'Brien had produced prior to Libertad?  Or would that be akin to "admitting defeat" by admitting that they chose Weiland because they chose commercial viability over artistic integrity?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »

I think Izzy's drawing some fire from Scott here because he patched things up (seemingly) with Axl in '06. I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

Beyond that... I think Guns' fame has always been somewhat of a burden for Scott... made him uncomfortable, etc. He seems at least somewhat paranoid that many critics think he just rode the coat-tails of Axl's old band to some post-STP commercial success.

Which is too bad in a way. I don't particularly care for Weiland as an individual- but I do think he's a unique and entertaining artist with his own impressive track record. I also really like VR's two albums. I hope they find a way to keep it together assuming a GN'R reunion continues to be nowhere in sight.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

Thats not what he said, thats how youre predictably spinning it to fit your agenda. 

I'd seen him once at the KROQ Acoustic Christmas, and knew his music from the radio.

Scott was the first guy that I thought of, that would be perfect for this band. I liked his voice, liked STP, but wasn't aware of that much about him.

Your desperate attempt at parsing other words has no effect on the clarity of the above quote. 
I think Izzy's drawing some fire from Scott here because he patched things up (seemingly) with Axl in '06.

Huh

Why would Scott be bothered by Izzys relationship with Axl?  Theres nothing to suggest he even knows Izzy beyond the few times they played together.  The fact is Weiland made it known he wasnt into that material since before the first album was released, even if he never phrased it as strongly as hes just done. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »

Thats not what he said, thats how youre predictably spinning it to fit your agenda.   

The band then hired producer Brendan O?Brien who had worked with Scott when he was in Stone Temple Pilots.

Slash says: ?I wasn?t a fan of any albums Brendan had done before so I needed some convincing but as soon as we spoke on the phone I knew he was what we needed. "

The word ANY is the key.

Since English is only my third language, maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't "I wasn?t a fan of any albums" mean that he liked none of the albums Brendan had done in the past? Including the ones he had done with STP?

Oh wait, maybe being a fan of an album means something else to you.

Maybe you can be a fan of an album even though you don't like it? Maybe you can spin it to mean Slash loved the STP albums despite his quote where he says he wasn't a fan of them?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »

Where does it say slash doesn't like any STP albums?Huh? He said he wasn't a fan, and if he had only heard STP songs on the radio, how the hell is he going to be a fan of an STP record.

Jarmo you are the one spinning words, maybe you don't mean to do it intentionally. Saying you aren't a fan of something doesn't mean you don't like it, there is the possibility you've never heard it. In this case, that isn't just a possibility, Slash himself said he hadn't heard them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:06:32 PM by chinese democrazy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »

Where does it say slash doesn't like any STP albums?Huh? He said he wasn't a fan, and if he had only heard STP songs on the radio, how the hell is he going to be a fan of an STP record.

It seems like my English is very poor.

Slash says: "I wasn?t a fan of any albums Brendan had done before so I needed some convincing but as soon as we spoke on the phone I knew he was what we needed. "

/jarmo

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »

your english is poor, you keep mistaking "im not a fan" with "I dislike".
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2007, 06:10:10 PM »

Ok.

I'm not a fan of the latest VR single. Does it mean I like it?

/jarmo

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »

Ok.

I'm not a fan of the latest VR single. Does it mean I like it?

/jarmo

But you've heard the lastest VR single, and therefore you can consiously make that decision. Slash said he hasn't heard any STP albums.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: