Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Interview Washington Post  (Read 40010 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2007, 02:46:55 PM »

It does sound like maybe these guys won't be with each other for that much longer.  Just by the comments of Matt and Scott.  I would love to see STP reunite at some point.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2007, 02:49:53 PM »

It does sound like maybe these guys won't be with each other for that much longer.? Just by the comments of Matt and Scott.? I would love to see STP reunite at some point.

IMO they can permanently reunite after the VR/AIC tour yes
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »

I'll make this short and sweet, because in reality it is

Axl is consumed with his current band not his past one.  Unless someone can attest to hanging out with the man and heard him tell them otherwise,
he does'nt say shit about Velvet Revolver or Weiland. That would lead me to believe that he does not give a shit about Velvet Revolver

As for the " Axl is jealous " comment:  # 1) Consider the source  #2)  Do you really believe Axl told Matt Sorum that he was jealous of that band because
" they play rock and roll "

The ability to smell bullshit......I learned it when I was about 18 or 19 years old
sandman
Legend

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2007, 04:02:27 PM »

i enjoy the arguments in here. i love VR, but i really enjoy some of the VR bashing. i think it's fun.

maybe slash can screw scott over and take the VR name. then ask axl to join so he can become the new lead singer of VR. just a thought.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

It does sound like maybe these guys won't be with each other for that much longer.  Just by the comments of Matt and Scott.  I would love to see STP reunite at some point.

lol no they can?t... first they MUST come to Europe so I can see them  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »

Wow lol, its rough being a weiland fan and coming to this particular forum. Some people completely discrediting STP's music or labeling it strictly as grunge. I guess its cool to see the perspective of the really hardcore GNR fans though.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »

Wow lol, its rough being a weiland fan and coming to this particular forum. Some people completely discrediting STP's music or labeling it strictly as grunge. I guess its cool to see the perspective of the really hardcore GNR fans though.

It's not everyone. I was huge STP myself, and I actually dislike their more grungy stuff in favor of the Purple album, which I thought was brilliant.
The problem, I think, is not really Stp's music, but the mouth of Weiland that rubs the hardcore GNR fan the wrong way
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2007, 04:48:41 PM »

Nobody's labeled them "strictly grunge".  But there's no denying that their two most popular albums and the ones that everyone but their hardcore fans identifies them with were the grunge debut and the alt-rock followup which still had some grunge elements on it.  That's not just "really hardcore GnR fans".  That's actually most rock fans aside from the "really hardcore STP fans".  Core and Purple are the definitive STP albums for rock listeners.  Those are BY FAR their best selling albums, and without any question the most highly regarded albums outside of their diehards

If you want to talk about people discrediting STP's music, look no further than VR's own Matt Sorum.  In one the course of one interview he not only insulted the band that gave him whatever fame and visibility he has, he also insulted Weiland and STP.  Now surely that must have been rougher for you than hearing people on HTGTH "discrediting" Scott and STP
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:00:24 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2007, 05:34:39 PM »

It does sound like maybe these guys won't be with each other for that much longer.? Just by the comments of Matt and Scott.? I would love to see STP reunite at some point.

lol no they can?t... first they MUST come to Europe so I can see them? ok

i saw VR live in europe back in june so it's ok Tongue STP re-unite Cheesy
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2007, 05:41:01 PM »

Whilst it's not atrocious You Aint The First isn't very good imo, but one bad song out of the number that Izzy's written isn't too shabby.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? One of my favorite songs ever.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »

Whilst it's not atrocious You Aint The First isn't very good imo, but one bad song out of the number that Izzy's written isn't too shabby.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? One of my favorite songs ever.

Well someone was bound to like it  hihi I just don't think it's up to much.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »

you aint the first is awesome indeed
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »

Out of the thousands of times I've heard You ain't the first, the word " Awesome" has never once crossed my mind while listening to it

One of the few filler songs on the Illusions in my opinion
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:53 PM »

I thought most of Libertad is crap. Does that mean I think Scott, Slash, Duff, Dave and Matt's songwriting abilities are crap too?

I think it's different when you have the same group than if you have a different group of people.

/jarmo

Ok I know what you mean and its fair enough but I wouldn't be totally sure Scott meant it as a diss to Izzy's songwriting abilities. Bear in mind he sings Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her regularly and they were largely written by Izzy including the lyrics Scott sings in Brownstone.

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »

Nobody's labeled them "strictly grunge".? But there's no denying that their two most popular albums and the ones that everyone but their hardcore fans identifies them with were the grunge debut and the alt-rock followup which still had some grunge elements on it.? That's not just "really hardcore GnR fans".? That's actually most rock fans aside from the "really hardcore STP fans".? Core and Purple are the definitive STP albums for rock listeners.? Those are BY FAR their best selling albums, and without any question the most highly regarded albums outside of their diehards

If you want to talk about people discrediting STP's music, look no further than VR's own Matt Sorum.? In one the course of one interview he not only insulted the band that gave him whatever fame and visibility he has, he also insulted Weiland and STP.? Now surely that must have been rougher for you than hearing people on HTGTH "discrediting" Scott and STP

Oh, I should have elaborated, when I said the hardcore GNR fan's perspective, I was more referring to the bashing of weiland than STP. ?Compared to average rock fans, who generally appreciate his performing, singing, and tributes to other bands, there is so much more hate towards the man here. ?Matt's comments didn't bother me for two reasons, one being he openly admitted to fearing weiland would leave and rejoin STP, and secondly, he is not very far from the truth. Scott kinda burned out in the later years of his career. STP left its mark on the 90s and rock history, and I can appreciate the material they gave, and rather just see scott move onto a more low key solo career.

Moving onto your comments, Grunge is already such a loose term to begin with (AIC and Pearl Jam sound distinctively different from one another). ?This isn't 93 anymore, STP set out and successfully proved their critics wrong, ?and that is what is widely accepted amongst ROCK fans. Even if the other albums didn't match up commerically, you know this yourself, they had some huge widely known singles on them such as the more psychedelic trippin' on a hole and sour girl.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »

Even if the other albums didn't match up commerically, you know this yourself, they had some huge widely known singles on them such as the more psychedelic trippin' on a hole and sour girl.

And decided to make Sour Girl Part II  ( a.k.a. Last Fight ) just in case the original wasn't widely known enough!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2007, 07:47:48 PM »

Out of the thousands of times I've heard You ain't the first, the word " Awesome" has never once crossed my mind while listening to it

One of the few filler songs on the Illusions in my opinion

yeah, but with Shannon Hoon performing it live, it was 'awesome'
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »

Even if the other albums didn't match up commerically, you know this yourself, they had some huge widely known singles on them such as the more psychedelic trippin' on a hole and sour girl.

And decided to make Sour Girl Part II  ( a.k.a. Last Fight ) just in case the original wasn't widely known enough!

I dont think the two songs are remotely similar.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »

So is Scott referring to Slash, Matt or Duff as using the media irresponsibly?  The band relationship sounds tenuous at best.  Anyway, Scott sounds like an asshole.  Team Slash.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2007, 11:24:06 PM »

So is Scott referring to Slash, Matt or Duff as using the media irresponsibly?  The band relationship sounds tenuous at best.  Anyway, Scott sounds like an asshole.  Team Slash.

Slash hasn't said anything against scott, from what i've read recently. I'm guessing Matt.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: