Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228150 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Carrie Underwood Does Axl...sought of..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carrie Underwood Does Axl...sought of..  (Read 6356 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »

They reminded me of a "tent preformer" at the county fair.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 12:20:03 PM »

i find it a disgrace that another no talent american idol trashes a killer song.  i wish carrie underwood would just go away, along with the other idols. it's the worst thing to come out of america since george bush.

Some young singers trying to make it are the worst thing to come out of America since George Bush! George Bush!
Wow.......wow.......  Undecided

you know, if they had real talent, they would make it the good old fashioned way....clawing their way to the top in seedy bars and clubs, being discovered by some producer or something. not going on a talent show, where someone has to win wether they have talent or not.  have you ever seen the episodes where they are auditioning?  75% of them are just terrible.  some of them i can't believe they have the nerve to get up there and humiliate themselves like they do.  it's run its course, it needs to go away.

and like i've said before, if you can't do a song justice, leave it the fuck alone.  i've honestly never heard a good cover of a gnr song, ever.  axl's voice is too hard to replicate and his songs just sound like shit with just any idiot trying to sing them.

"fuckin crazy"  called then tent performers at the county fair.....I love it!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

We Fest: Day 1
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 by Jon Bream

Carrie Underwood was underwhelming. The loudest response she received was for her cover of Guns N Roses? ?Sweet Child of Mine.? No one clapped when she started her breakthrough hit ?Jesus, Take the Wheel.? The choruses to most of her non-hits sounded the same: overly aggressive power ballads.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 03:17:55 AM »

i find it a disgrace that another no talent american idol trashes a killer song.? i wish carrie underwood would just go away, along with the other idols. it's the worst thing to come out of america since george bush.

Some young singers trying to make it are the worst thing to come out of America since George Bush! George Bush!
Wow.......wow.......? Undecided

you know, if they had real talent, they would make it the good old fashioned way....clawing their way to the top in seedy bars and clubs, being discovered by some producer or something. not going on a talent show, where someone has to win wether they have talent or not.? have you ever seen the episodes where they are auditioning?? 75% of them are just terrible.? some of them i can't believe they have the nerve to get up there and humiliate themselves like they do.? it's run its course, it needs to go away.

and like i've said before, if you can't do a song justice, leave it the fuck alone.? i've honestly never heard a good cover of a gnr song, ever.? axl's voice is too hard to replicate and his songs just sound like shit with just any idiot trying to sing them.

"fuckin crazy"? called then tent performers at the county fair.....I love it!

Mmmm, but comparing them to George Bush!
You do know that George Bush is a very bad man........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 12:38:13 PM »

All of you may disagree with the cover of a Sweet CHild, but saying Carrie Underwood has no talent is absurd and shows complete musical ignorance. Considering she has sold 5 million albums off a debut album in an age where no one sells 5 million nowadays is pretty spectacular. Her voice is pretty amazing too, maybe it wasn't on that night (not like others haven't had dead voices in the middle of tours). Covers should be looked at as someone else's interpretation of what the song is, rather than a direct copy (Limp Bizkit's Faith, Old GNR Knocking on Heaven's door). If everyone played covers as verbatim note for note covers they would suck. I would rather see someone try to put their own spin on it than play it exactly how it is. I think it has more to do with the fact that she is a girl trying to sing a guy's song, and she just happens to be a country artist. Give other music a chance!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 01:00:46 PM »

All of you may disagree with the cover of a Sweet CHild, but saying Carrie Underwood has no talent is absurd and shows complete musical ignorance. Considering she has sold 5 million albums off a debut album in an age where no one sells 5 million nowadays is pretty spectacular. Her voice is pretty amazing too, maybe it wasn't on that night (not like others haven't had dead voices in the middle of tours). Covers should be looked at as someone else's interpretation of what the song is, rather than a direct copy (Limp Bizkit's Faith, Old GNR Knocking on Heaven's door). If everyone played covers as verbatim note for note covers they would suck. I would rather see someone try to put their own spin on it than play it exactly how it is. I think it has more to do with the fact that she is a girl trying to sing a guy's song, and she just happens to be a country artist. Give other music a chance!

Yea it should be a person take on the song sometimes its good sometimes it sucks , it sucks here.
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »

you know, if they had real talent, they would make it the good old fashioned way....clawing their way to the top in seedy bars and clubs, being discovered by some producer or something.

Dumbest thing I ever heard. I guess we should only buy vacuum cleaners from door to door salesmen, screw the internet or shopping stores let them sell things the old fashioned way. How someone is discovered is irrelevant the bottom line is if people like the product they will buy it, and in Carrie's case it's obvious they like her.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 04:05:35 PM »

Cool, I like it, and to be honest this is one of the few good covers I?ve seen Smiley

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »

Cool, I like it, and to be honest this is one of the few good covers I?ve seen Smiley

^Exactly.  GNR is not easy to cover and Romo's girlfriend did a good job here.  The chick's got talent and if I was Axl, I'd compliment her on her performance.  I mean seriously, this chick is the polar opposite to Axl and for her to pull it off is a refreshing surprise.  She has Jesus taking the wheel, and if you remember Axl driving in the SIDHY video, well, you get the picture.   hihi 

btw, I must say the guitarists backing Underwood were the most disappointing part of the performance. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »

Tent performers brought music to the people!

Otherwise, music was a very elitist thing - only the rich could afford to hire musicians for entertainment..........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 07:25:42 PM »

its not bad i like it

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 03:14:53 AM »

Well yeah, I'm sure she isn't very talented as far as songwriting goes- that's American Idol contestants for you. The point is, she really can sing and she did a damn fine job rocking out the Sweet Child O Mine, in my opinion.

I guess I give her credit- she did seem to have a lot of fun singing it which is great- but without the American Idol hype, I'm sure she'd be a regionally successful bar band singer.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 03:37:00 AM »

Tent performers brought music to the people!

Otherwise, music was a very elitist thing - only the rich could afford to hire musicians for entertainment..........

The collective soviet bows in submission.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 11:38:10 PM »

i honestly think some of you people would praise any average kareoke singer as long as they did a gnr song. 
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 11:42:16 PM »

i honestly think some of you people would praise any average kareoke singer as long as they did a gnr song. 

And what the hell is wrong with that? Lets face it if you are doing karaoke then you ain't that much of a singer to begin with

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »

i know plenty of non professional/kareoke singers who are by far better then carrie underwood, she sucks ass, face it.  doing a gnr song didn't make her talented, sorry.  but i know to some people here it did.  most of you wouldn't even dream of being a carrie underwood fan, how many of you have bought her cd?  are ya all gonna rush out and buy tickets to her shows, she might just do scom, then that would make her a talented performer, wouldn't it?  hey, maybe would could get like hannah montanna or ashlee simpson to do a gnr song. that would make them great, praise worthy performers too, right?
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 03:43:54 AM »

Why is everyone ga-ga over Underwood?  Because she likes GnR?  She covered two of the band's biggest hits and did a pretty mediocre job at that. 

The cover of "I Remember You" is awful.  If you can't come close to Baz's voice and aren't going to change the song at all to accommodate your lack of vox, then don't cover it.  Remembering the words doesn't make it a good cover.  Anyone that thinks that was good needs to go listen to the original again.

Sweet Child O' Mine is more of a cover of the Sheryl Crow version.  And that version sucked...a lot.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 10:52:59 PM »

She is so fucking hot.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »

I thought those were good... Nothing mindblowing, but not bad...

I think people always critique the vocals of artists they don't like more harshly too... THat really wasn't a bad effort...

We've all seen footage of Axl/Bach/Vince Neil etc where they stray from the key or whatever. Singing live with a band is seldom an exact science.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »

^Exactly.? GNR is not easy to cover and Romo's girlfriend did a good job here.? The chick's got talent and if I was Axl, I'd compliment her on her performance.? I mean seriously, this chick is the polar opposite to Axl and for her to pull it off is a refreshing surprise.? She has Jesus taking the wheel, and if you remember Axl driving in the SIDHY video, well, you get the picture.? ?hihi?

btw, I must say the guitarists backing Underwood were the most disappointing part of the performance.?

yeah...i think she has some talent, I liked the "cover". She put her own ideas ands style to the song, and it wasnt all that bad. On the other hand, the guitarists were disappointing.

Oh...and I never saw her before but she looks hot...

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: