Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  THE NEXT SINGLE SHOULD BE??????
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NEXT SINGLE SHOULD BE??????  (Read 5726 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: July 31, 2007, 05:27:13 AM »

Besides everyone saying Messages I think the next song should be The Last FIght, I love the song, I think the way fall to piees followed Slither TLF should follow SBQM as the mainstream ballad rocker n which could  grab some younger fans and older alike..

What do you feel the next single should be & why?? tk boys n girls off to work..  Cry
wharfy11
Opening Act

Here Today...Be Back Tomorrow

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:02:04 AM »

The Last Fight is the next single. This has already been confirmed. And the correct choice. Perfect follow up to SBQM.

If I Leave Here Tomorrow Will You Still Remeber Me.......
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:01:44 AM »

the last fight will be a bigger hit than fall to pieces.much more mellow and backing vocals and pianos.it will be a big hit.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »

Yeah Last Fight fits the formula, rocker first single, ballad second. Although if I had to pick a ballad I'd say Messages is the better of the two.

I think Let It Roll should be a single at some point, great rock song.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »

I think Last Fight is one of the best vr songs yet, and definetely should be released.  If we're comparing to Contraband, then third single should be Just Sixteen, an awesome rocket like DLT was. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »

the last fight will be a bigger hit than fall to pieces.much more mellow and backing vocals and pianos.it will be a big hit.

Its a good song but it isnt gonna be bigger than "FTP"

I think GraveDancer is way better than "TLF" Personally

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »

Yeah Last Fight fits the formula, rocker first single, ballad second. Although if I had to pick a ballad I'd say Messages is the better of the two.

I think Let It Roll should be a single at some point, great rock song.
oh it IS the next single, shows how much I'm following things hihi

I agree messages or let it rol would be great too as follow ups..

When is the single supposed to be out, & are they doing a video..

Libertad is a much better album than I thought at first, I was always driving around places unable to follow the songs along, or really read the titles..  smoking

I hope they at least launch this video properly, let someone in the world know it's coming, and get air time when people are actually not sleeping unlike SBQM's.. If this single gets shunned then it's not because of vr's lack of talent.. I mean look at fall out boy or that nu metal band that did photrograph, or even linkin park.. If they can be big vr can be too.. I mean I understand as I get older age is a factor unless you're u-2 bon jovi or say an elton john type individual singer..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 05:29:12 AM »

Its a good song but it isnt gonna be bigger than "FTP"

I think GraveDancer is way better than "TLF" Personally

really good song too man, great end to the albvum (besides that country thingy hihi) I agree about ftps, but that's only cause vr isn't geting the star power treatment they did the 1st time around and I think slither was much better then sbqm's.. FTP's was also a emotional video..

I can really picture a video for the next single, done by the band or by actors kind of like Green day 's wake me up when september ends..
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:32 AM »

Last fight next

as for the third i think it'll be either let it roll, mary mary, get out the door or she mine. i think get out the door would be best but have a feeling it'll be she mine

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 06:33:23 AM »

To me, Gravedancer would be a great single, but they are going with The Last Fight, it has already been said by the band Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »

Last Fight will not be as big as FTP.    It'll do ok.

I'd of picked Let IT Roll.

Messages wouldnt' make a great single either.   gnr fans jus like it cuz of the classic Slash tones that we dont get to hear nearly as often as we used to.    Its not really what I would consider radio friendly.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 05:17:25 AM »

Let it roll is fucking awesome, that is a great opener to the album.. Fast hard rocking blazing playing and short.. beer

I really like the playing on The Last Fight..

VR was bigger when ftp's came out and they were being played at normal hours so forget anything being big unless they're treated fairly.. Any known artists has their vids played on mtv all day before an upcoming single or new album.. Or they'll be doing a hitlist on mtv hits..

I sometimes wonder if vr should have come back quicker while the iron was still hot, it's been 3 years between albums, not abnormal, but not as easy for a newer older group..
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

Obviously the Last fight has been chosen to be single #2, but #3 is seemingly going to be She Mine.  Although I'm basing this solely on the fact that the 3 songs on VR's Myspace page and Band site that play are: She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, and She Mine.
And up until last month, all that played was SBQM, then only the last Fight was added, and recently She Mine, it seems as if the band, the management or RCA are already leaning towards she mine, which i think would be as bad a pick for a 3rd single as DLT.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 01:54:31 PM »

Obviously the Last fight has been chosen to be single #2, but #3 is seemingly going to be She Mine.? Although I'm basing this solely on the fact that the 3 songs on VR's Myspace page and Band site that play are: She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, and She Mine.
And up until last month, all that played was SBQM, then only the last Fight was added, and recently She Mine, it seems as if the band, the management or RCA are already leaning towards she mine, which i think would be as bad a pick for a 3rd single as DLT.

I also think that i read somewhere that "She mine" was the song the band wanted to be the first single but the record company picked SBQM,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »

I rather not have She's Mine..  I wish vr would do a real long as guitar rock song like a freebird type or stairway to heaven or coma..

I just wanna see how TLF does cause it's a solid song both vocaly n band playing too..

If it doesn't do well then I really can't blamne vr..  I mean if Nickleback can do good with their catalog of songs then vr should do fine as well.. Maybe the super group aura has worn out?? When times change they just do, kind of like when grunge replaced hair metal and great hard rock acts..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 08:45:54 AM »

Besides everyone saying Messages I think the next song should be The Last FIght, I love the song, I think the way fall to piees followed Slither TLF should follow SBQM as the mainstream ballad rocker n which could? grab some younger fans and older alike..

What do you feel the next single should be & why?? tk boys n girls off to work..? Cry

Gravedancer..........casual fans will love the solo at the end Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 12:39:58 PM »

Besides everyone saying Messages I think the next song should be The Last FIght, I love the song, I think the way fall to piees followed Slither TLF should follow SBQM as the mainstream ballad rocker n which could? grab some younger fans and older alike..

What do you feel the next single should be & why?? tk boys n girls off to work..? Cry

Gravedancer..........casual fans will love the solo at the end Grin

It's great song IMO.. Loving this album.. The Last Fight is a fav of mine so I'm happy.. WOnder what the video will look like..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 01:24:09 PM »

Obviously the Last fight has been chosen to be single #2, but #3 is seemingly going to be She Mine.  Although I'm basing this solely on the fact that the 3 songs on VR's Myspace page and Band site that play are: She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, and She Mine.

I also think that i read somewhere that "She mine" was the song the band wanted to be the first single but the record company picked SBQM,

You're right.

All the songs are credited to all five members, but some were largely individual creations. McKagan originated "She Mine," the last song Velvet Revolver recorded. The band wanted it to be the first single but was overruled by its RCA Records label, which opted for "She Builds Quick Machines" instead.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »

I wonder how the label comes up with what should be first.. I mean lett he artists decided.. Look at someone like warrant, I remember cherry pie, he fucking hates that song (lead singer) warrant is the cherry pie group instead of a band,,.. Sure was great for commercial reasons, but they played some cool tunes liike uncle tom's cabin..

DO they pick which they feel will do best  commercialy or what?/ I hate when amazing songs never get heard because a label chose their picks instead

THE LAST FIGHT is perfect, anyone with ears who enjoys hard rock light or heavy could enjoy that, and let it roll too should satisfy any taste for some interest in rock.. yes
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

My Opinion Was Forever:

- 1 Single: Just 16
- 2 Single: Tha Last Fight
- 3 Single: SBQM
- 4 Single: Phsyco Killer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄