Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Angels saved my life today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angels saved my life today  (Read 16472 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

I am still grateful that I listened. Now I'm not afraid of terrorists when I go to NYC next week.
they did NY already? Wink
As someone who lost loved ones on Sept 11, I'd just like to send a big FUCK YOU!!! @ jessica?

It was God.
Sure, millions may be dying due to starvation, poverty, war, disease, petty racial hatreds, and four-hour boners but still God found time to whisper in someone's ear at an intersection. Basically, the worst you can say about God is that if he does exist he's an underachiever.
I found this to be a good reply to the question Why does God allow bad things to happen?

Satan ? not God ? is evil, and is behind evil deeds. Satan is all about death, but God is all about life.

Satan, not God, is behind all evil.? Perhaps you thought, ?But isn?t God powerful enough to stop evil acts?? God is indeed powerful enough to stop anything, but He operates under certain laws, which He Himself established, that give humans the choice either to submit to Him and obey His commandments, or reject Him and do evil. God created us to love Him and have a relationship with Him. The relationship would not mean anything if we were controlled by God like puppets. So God has given people the freedom to make choices?and to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of those choices.

One of Satan's tactics is to deceive us into thinking God is unfair. Satan did it to Eve?deceived her into believing that God was unfair for prohibiting them from eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Was God unfair about the tree? No! He made the rule for their good. But Satan was able to convince Eve, so she and Adam rebelled against God, seeking to be independent of Him, instead of submitting to Him.

Even though you don't understand all God's ways, He will fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »

I am still grateful that I listened. Now I'm not afraid of terrorists when I go to NYC next week.
they did NY already? Wink
As someone who lost loved ones on Sept 11, I'd just like to send a big FUCK YOU!!! @ jessica?

It was God.
Sure, millions may be dying due to starvation, poverty, war, disease, petty racial hatreds, and four-hour boners but still God found time to whisper in someone's ear at an intersection. Basically, the worst you can say about God is that if he does exist he's an underachiever.
I found this to be a good reply to the question Why does God allow bad things to happen?

Satan ? not God ? is evil, and is behind evil deeds. Satan is all about death, but God is all about life.

Satan, not God, is behind all evil.? Perhaps you thought, ?But isn?t God powerful enough to stop evil acts?? God is indeed powerful enough to stop anything, but He operates under certain laws, which He Himself established, that give humans the choice either to submit to Him and obey His commandments, or reject Him and do evil. God created us to love Him and have a relationship with Him. The relationship would not mean anything if we were controlled by God like puppets. So God has given people the freedom to make choices?and to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of those choices.

One of Satan's tactics is to deceive us into thinking God is unfair. Satan did it to Eve?deceived her into believing that God was unfair for prohibiting them from eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Was God unfair about the tree? No! He made the rule for their good. But Satan was able to convince Eve, so she and Adam rebelled against God, seeking to be independent of Him, instead of submitting to Him.

Even though you don't understand all God's ways, He will fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

As someone who was supposed to BE IN these towers that day, i think i am entitled speak of what could have happened of me.

Maybe you people are too itchy, the wink smiley isn't a smiley smiley, so how dare you put a mood behind my words ?

Are you in my head now ? are you psychic ? 

NO

So just shut the fuck up and it's a FACT they did NY and the probability they were to do it again is low.

Grow up.

Nothing to say
Annie
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »

Jessica - knowing that you typically don't make cruel jokes, I assumed you didn't mean it that way this time.? But it did come of as pretty callous and I can see why some people took offense. Just an example of how easily we can all be misunderstood when writing.

I don't understand.? Are you saying that angels or God or somebody is going to keep you safe from terrorists?? It sounds like you think you've been chosen for special protection or something.?
No, I was feeling anxious about traveling because of the latest news coverage about terrorist dry runs. And I was recently in England where they had recent terrorist attacks. I was a little in shock earlier today because a split second decision saved my life as well as my cute little car. Also it taught me that you never know what is going to happen, so don't live in fear of things that could happen.? Thanks to the people who posted their angel car stories. Also, the last time I went to NYC with my Mom, we stayed at a Marriot near the WTC that is no longer there, and that makes me sad. When I went to NYC last year it was to see GNR and I didn't think alot about ground zero at that time because of my excitement to see GNR. Also, if you ask for protection, you will get protection, BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:23:18 PM by Annie » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

Jessica - knowing that you typically don't make cruel jokes, I assumed you didn't mean it that way this time.  But it did come of as pretty callous and I can see why some people took offense. Just an example of how easily we can all be misunderstood when writing.

I don't understand.  Are you saying that angels or God or somebody is going to keep you safe from terrorists?  It sounds like you think you've been chosen for special protection or something. 
No, I was feeling anxious about traveling because of the latest news coverage about terrorist dry runs.

those stories were GROSSLY exaggerated if just outright false/made up.  I'll try to find the link to back that up.  But you don't need to worry.  Just a little banging on the fear drums.  peace

Found it:
The Transportation Security Agency's national security bulletin issued was based on bogus examples that were combined to give the impression of ominous terrorist plotting, CNN reports.

"That bulletin for law enforcement eyes only told of suspicious items recently found in passenger's bags at airport checkpoints, warned that they may signify dry runs for terrorist attacks," CNN's Brian Todd reported Friday afternoon. "Well it turns out none of that is true."

Todd highlights the case of Sara Weiss, who was detained in San Diego after two ice packs covered in tape were found in her baggage. Weiss, who works for a faith-based organization, also was carrying a survey about Muslim Americans, which CNN says also raised law enforcement provisions.

"The FBI now says there were valid explanations for all four incidents in that bulletin, and a US government official says no charges will be brought in any of these cases," Todd reported.

Weiss says she was held for three hours and questioned by San Diego Harbor Police and two other men who did not identify themselves. She told CNN one of the men asked her if she knew Osama bin Laden, which she described as "a ridiculous question."

The FBI maintained "they were right" putting the bogus reports on the TSA bulletin, which is distributed to law enforcement agencies nationwide, Todd reported. Airport security officers must be trained in identifying suspicious packages, even when those packages turn out to be innocuous.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:13:24 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

Shocked Wow, glad you're okay!!!

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »

Annie, I'm just glad you're alive.

Can't believe people are making a big deal out of your use of "angels."

Bummer.

(Also, here in California, they tell us to do a quick three-count before proceeding to cross the intersection.)
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »

HA! Yeah, my bad. There was I, being all cynical again. Turns out; There's an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches everything we do and he has a list of arbitrary rules by which we must live our lives or be cast into a big underground pit full of fire to suffer and burn for all eternity. But he loves us. Unless we eat meat on Fridays.

CONSTANTINE! You gotta 'lotta 'splainin' to do! I love the Romans an' all but they really fucked us over with this Christian shit. Seemed like such a good idea at the time. Who knew?!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »

As someone who was supposed to BE IN these towers that day, i think i am entitled speak of what could have happened of me.

Yea right. You're nuts.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 05:35:40 PM »

(Also, here in California, they tell us to do a quick three-count before proceeding to cross the intersection.)

i'd say thats pretty good advice considering how many nutjobs are out driving around and paying no attention to anything they should be.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »

hey, annie, talk to the norwegian princess... she talks to angels, maybe she can give you an inside scoop on what happend!

hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 06:03:41 PM »

they did NY already  Wink
As someone who lost loved ones on Sept 11, I'd just like to send a big FUCK YOU!!! @ jessica 

It was God.

Satan, not God, is behind all evil.  Perhaps you thought, ?But isn?t God powerful enough to stop evil acts?? God is indeed powerful enough to stop anything, but He operates under certain laws, which He Himself established, that give humans the choice either to submit to Him and obey His commandments, or reject Him and do evil. God created us to love Him and have a relationship with Him. The relationship would not mean anything if we were controlled by God like puppets. So God has given people the freedom to make choices?and to reap the rewards or suffer the consequences of those choices.

Maybe you people are too itchy, the wink smiley isn't a smiley smiley, so how dare you put a mood behind my words ?

Are you in my head now ? are you psychic ? 

NO

So just shut the fuck up and it's a FACT they did NY and the probability they were to do it again is low.

Grow up.

low?

its no lower than it was in 2001. If they wanted to do something, they could, its that simple.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »

Why would angels help you? what makes you so special?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Annie
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

Why would angels help you? what makes you so special?
We all have guardian angels, even you. I just listen to mine.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »

I remember recently hearing about a book some dude wrote about people who hear voices.  Sounded very interesting.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »

I remember recently hearing about a book some dude wrote about people who hear voices.? Sounded very interesting.
The Complete Guide To Schizophrenia? I kid I kid hihi

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

HA! Yeah, my bad. There was I, being all cynical again. Turns out; There's an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches everything we do and he has a list of arbitrary rules by which we must live our lives or be cast into a big underground pit full of fire to suffer and burn for all eternity. But he loves us. Unless we eat meat on Fridays.

You forgot that the "magic man" also grants wishes. hihi
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:41:49 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »

is it really the flying spagetti monster? Shocked

CSS
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

Grow up.

What's wrong with you? confused

If you decide to make a joke about 9/11 you'd expect that you'll get bad responses...

Especially from people who lost loved ones - so maybe you should think twice next time?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »

Glad to hear that you are ok, Annie.

is it really the flying spagetti monster? Shocked

Maybe but You  have to join the secret club to find out.

Hell now I out of the club for talking about.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

I thought it was against the rules to make fun of someones religion?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE