Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Songs in 2007 - what's new?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Songs in 2007 - what's new?  (Read 12076 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« on: July 25, 2007, 03:23:51 PM »

The Blues - Acoustic guitar really audible now - Fortus solo starts when Dizzy's still playing, before Axl start singing again. Sounds really good - Fortus solo is awesome. Is the song faster now?

Better - Ron said he recorded rhythm parts for some new songs 'cause it wasn't sounding like Gn'R. He borrowed an old Gibson Les Paul (if i'm not wrong) from the talking metal guys and recorded it, and I think his rhythm parts are being played live. Thoughts?
That guitar effect during Pitman's noise is awesome, haha. I really like it - and it's probably a change by Ron Thal. The guitar following the "na na na na" sounds amazing... it really sticks in my head. I really like these changes. Jarmo, can you confirm if it's really Ron Thal playing those new guitar lines (during Pitman's noice and the guitar following the na na na)?

Chinese Democracy - I noticed that there's a different effect (Pitman?) while Axl sings the "it don't really matter" part, and it sounds damn good. "Frank Ferrer has it", his drumming is awesome. Oh, and Ron's solo changed a bit, too (nothing much, the first seconds of the solo are the same) and I really like it even more.

Madagascar - Axl's singing is different here, and Fortus playing is awesome towards the end and his guitar work sounds deeper here, I dunno how to explain, but it's a really good thing.

I.R.S. - Ron's solo is different, and rhythm is different here. Sounds really better now. VoodooChild will explain it here.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:24:41 PM »

^
Well, let me try to explain...

Last year, the first verse after the intro was played by Richard with the regular chords progression. Now, BBF plays (it starts at the intro already) a new rhythm guitar, more crunch.

The solo is kinda like the end of last year's shows, with Frank doing a drum fill before the ending and Ron following it. It's awesome and gives the song the power missed from the first '99 demo.

Also, Robin plays the '99 riff at the very ending, along with Ron extended solo... Sounds really awesome, IMHO.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »

I think they had some new crew members on the 2007 tour so that's why the mix sounds different on the bootlegs and at the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

Noticed a different sound mix. That's good specially for Ron, because he's more audible now (tho still needs more volume on Chinese Democracy, like the Gibson Amphitheater last year).

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »

new Frank Ferrer's drum kit helped to improve many songs, like ISE intro and NR final part (in many 2007 boots u can hear it, not like 2006 bootlegs where u can barely hear that ISE drum intro), also now u can hear Finck's backing voices in many songs (like Brownstone and Better)

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
CSS
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »

Sorry to drag this one off-topic, but...

I haven't actually been listening to that much 2007 live material, so which one is the best sounding bootleg out there?

Either way, thanks for posting - I feel excited!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 06:14:38 PM »

axl sings some new lyrics at the very end of the blues... anyone knows what words he sings?

by the way: although axl leaves them out... i always hear the additional na na na's from the demo in my head... kinda miss them... on the other hand... the drum fill-in before the last part of the song is still there (that is missing in the demo); also, they come back to the more quiet part sooner (one beat sooner i guess; the same thing as on the demo) after the hook that follows the "that's called the blues" line... they didn't do that in 2002.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:36:36 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:35:49 PM »

2 questions: is cd a bit faster, and has fortus a new "woooaaaaa!"-effect (not wah-wah) on his solo-guitar (from second verse on; especially during the solo part you can hear it; something's there that doubles the strings...or has this always been there? is it maybe pitman)?

ok, some edit: i think the time is pretty much the same.

so just one queston left Wink
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:00:34 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:04:45 PM »

I think they had some new crew members on the 2007 tour so that's why the mix sounds different on the bootlegs and at the shows.

/jarmo

Did you notice Pitmans little solo during better (The Masterbating Robot) was a bit longer now then it was last year?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 08:09:33 PM »

2 questions: is cd a bit faster?

I don't think anyone timed it..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 08:11:18 PM »

the mix 2007 sounds different on the bootlegs of the shows... 2001-2002-2006

This Year... many, many SURPRISES !!

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 12:40:26 AM »

The Blues - Acoustic guitar really audible now - Fortus solo starts when Dizzy's still playing, before Axl start singing again. Sounds really good - Fortus solo is awesome. Is the song faster now?

Better - Ron said he recorded rhythm parts for some new songs 'cause it wasn't sounding like Gn'R. He borrowed an old Gibson Les Paul (if i'm not wrong) from the talking metal guys and recorded it, and I think his rhythm parts are being played live. Thoughts?
That guitar effect during Pitman's noise is awesome, haha. I really like it - and it's probably a change by Ron Thal. The guitar following the "na na na na" sounds amazing... it really sticks in my head. I really like these changes. Jarmo, can you confirm if it's really Ron Thal playing those new guitar lines (during Pitman's noice and the guitar following the na na na)?

Chinese Democracy - I noticed that there's a different effect (Pitman?) while Axl sings the "it don't really matter" part, and it sounds damn good. "Frank Ferrer has it", his drumming is awesome. Oh, and Ron's solo changed a bit, too (nothing much, the first seconds of the solo are the same) and I really like it even more.

Madagascar - Axl's singing is different here, and Fortus playing is awesome towards the end and his guitar work sounds deeper here, I dunno how to explain, but it's a really good thing.

I.R.S. - Ron's solo is different, and rhythm is different here. Sounds really better now. VoodooChild will explain it here.

Just my 2 cents, but I have a probelm with a thread like this. You are discussing specifics about unrelased material. Who knows, the specifics you are discussing might not even exist when the final mixing is done. I know you can hear these songs from concerts on You Tube. I know Internet laws are all over the place........

Any cluey muso can hear what is on You Tube and read these type of discussions and even steal ideas......

I look forward to discussing these new songs when they have been offically released, in the meantime I consider these songs to be unfinished.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 12:46:12 AM »

Just my 2 cents, but I have a probelm with a thread like this. You are discussing specifics about unrelased material. Who knows, the specifics you are discussing might not even exist when the final mixing is done. I know you can hear these songs from concerts on You Tube. I know Internet laws are all over the place........

Any cluey muso can hear what is on You Tube and read these type of discussions and even steal ideas......

I look forward to discussing these new songs when they have been offically released, in the meantime I consider these songs to be unfinished.

LOL!!!

(ok, I know there is a rule about making a post consisting purely of a smiley face, that's not my intent here (and there is no smiley), this is one of those replies where less is sometimes (and obviously, in this case) more.)

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

LOL!!!

(ok, I know there is a rule about making a post consisting purely of a smiley face, that's not my intent here (and there is no smiley), this is one of those replies where less is sometimes (and obviously, in this case) more.)

Aren't you clever, laughing at someone's opinion. Obviously, you can't contribute in any other way.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 01:10:31 AM »

LOL!!!

Aren't you clever, laughing at someone's opinion. Obviously, you can't contribute in any other way.

Yes, I am clever.

I may have been laughing at your opinion or with your opinion.  To be totally honest I wasn't 100% sure how serious you were.   No personal offence was intended.  Smiley

The topic of the thread is about how the songs have changed.  Ergo - they're very likely not the finished product.   Then you say that you don't want to discuss it BECAUSE they're unfinished.  Of course they are, we're lucky enough to be able to hear some of the development of the songs as they mature, both live and in the studio. 

I guess we COULD just talk about AFD again.   Or speculate wildly on release dates.   I do think it's a bit ironic that it's suggested that we limit conversation topics when the list is pretty short already. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 01:15:18 AM »

Yes, and I'm adding the conversation some points about the Internet and how it can imapct upon such unreleased material.

Thankyou for elaborating on your previous post.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 02:46:05 AM »

Yes, and I'm adding the conversation some points about the Internet and how it can imapct upon such unreleased material.

Thankyou for elaborating on your previous post.

They're talking about songs played in concert... Would you have a different opinion, if no leaks existed??

And unless you dont listen to any of the new songs, you're a hypocrite for saying these things.. Live or studio!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 02:55:35 AM »

No I don't listen to the new songs. I heard them for the first time at the concert. I'm waiting for the final versions on the CD before I talk about the musical elements.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 03:10:21 AM »

No I don't listen to the new songs. I heard them for the first time at the concert. I'm waiting for the final versions on the CD before I talk about the musical elements.

Well then you're no hypocrite  ok

While you do wait, i'll listen to the kick ass music!!
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 04:23:15 AM »

I think i am the only to mention this but in the melb australia show the what i call bubbly noise in the break during Better was different..it sounded like a motorbike driving past..Much BETTER i think... ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: