Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 41133 times)
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 07:44:18 AM »

Just maybe it'd be different if it wasn't labeled as a GN'R reunion thing....

/jarmo

What is it then?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 08:48:08 AM »

/jarmo

What is it then?

Steven Adler & friends?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 10:15:37 AM »

By definition this is a reunion, you cannot escape that. Four old band members performing on stage together after 17 years is a 'reunion'. I don't remember seeing it written that it was a GNR reunion, it is a reunion of 4 of the 5 AFD GNR members, that's an inescapable fact.

Adler has said Slash and Izzy will be there and circumstances permitting hopefully Duff. He's not stringing people along with mystery BS, the fliers for this show say 'special guests' and he has said who they are. He also said they would try and contact Axl, but we all know Axl won't go. Irrespective of what Axl does though, this is big news to most GNR fans, and considering this is a GNR fan site it seems reasonable to ask why this is not allowed to be posted.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=47820.msg973412#msg973412

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »

the new  motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?  Grin

Funny that. I've found myself subconsciously quoting Jarmo recently too. His subliminal smiley brainwashing methods must be working..... nervous

actually I believe it was Mr. Thomas Eugene Stinson who said it first.  smoking

I'm glad this site is maintaining respect and loyalty for GnR (as it is in 2007).    On some sites this topic is posted in the fucking main section.  Its a slap in the face to guys like Tommy who have been in this shit for nearly 10 fucking years.  no

Steven Adler is doing his usual bullshit "very special surprise guest" shit getting people to go in hopes that Axl shows up and hyping up his fantasy reunion.  And thats all it is is a fucking fantasy.   This is the same Steven Adler who claims all the guys in the band told him they should be kicked out of the band for the ex-members.  hihi rofl

Agreed that it should be in a section that is dedicated to Ex GNR members but from the hostile response from members here, it seems like this site thinks it's a slap in the face in general for the ex members for GNR to get together and do some songs on stage, hense a reunion of possibly 4 GNR original band members.

Is is what it is ladies and gentlemen, getting in a hissy about it just doesn't make sense.   Are you all so insecure that the new incarnation of GNR will break up if Axl just happens to go [which he won't] or if this gets talked about on the forums, it will take the focus away from GNR now and the members will not pay attention to the new band.  Jeez, talking about having no faith in what you all claim you have for the new band, if this rattles people so much then I think you may have to question just how unstable you think GNR is if they can't take the some of the old band members getting together for a show.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 10:47:34 AM »

Jeez, talking about having no faith in what you all claim you have for the new band, if this rattles people so much then I think you may have to question just how unstable you think GNR is if they can't take the some of the old band members getting together for a show.? ?

What's "unstable" is peoples banking on the continual ramblings of a junkie.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »

the new? motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?? Grin

Funny that. I've found myself subconsciously quoting Jarmo recently too. His subliminal smiley brainwashing methods must be working..... nervous

actually I believe it was Mr. Thomas Eugene Stinson who said it first.? smoking

I'm glad this site is maintaining respect and loyalty for GnR (as it is in 2007).? ? On some sites this topic is posted in the fucking main section.? Its a slap in the face to guys like Tommy who have been in this shit for nearly 10 fucking years.? no

Steven Adler is doing his usual bullshit "very special surprise guest" shit getting people to go in hopes that Axl shows up and hyping up his fantasy reunion.? And thats all it is is a fucking fantasy.? ?This is the same Steven Adler who claims all the guys in the band told him they should be kicked out of the band for the ex-members.? hihi rofl

Agreed that it should be in a section that is dedicated to Ex GNR members but from the hostile response from members here, it seems like this site thinks it's a slap in the face in general for the ex members for GNR to get together and do some songs on stage, hense a reunion of possibly 4 GNR original band members.

Is is what it is ladies and gentlemen, getting in a hissy about it just doesn't make sense.? ?Are you all so insecure that the new incarnation of GNR will break up if Axl just happens to go [which he won't] or if this gets talked about on the forums, it will take the focus away from GNR now and the members will not pay attention to the new band.? Jeez, talking about having no faith in what you all claim you have for the new band, if this rattles people so much then I think you may have to question just how unstable you think GNR is if they can't take the some of the old band members getting together for a show.? ?

I wish I could see the world in such terms!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »

Jeez, talking about having no faith in what you all claim you have for the new band, if this rattles people so much then I think you may have to question just how unstable you think GNR is if they can't take the some of the old band members getting together for a show.? ?

Nobodies banking on anything, but the possibility of Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven playing together is big news to most GNR fans and yet people are not being allowed to discuss it. We were just wondering why?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:57 AM »

I think that the music we've heard from the current GNR line up (leaks) is pretty good.

However it seems some of the fans of them are fairly insecure. If this band is really GNR and really as good as we'd all believe, why is 4/5 of the old band reuniting to play some classic GNR songs such a threat to you people? The only explanation is that somewhere down deep you realize that GNR has become a house of cards.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2007, 10:57:12 AM »

I think that the music we've heard from the current GNR line up (leaks) is pretty good.

However it seems some of the fans of them are fairly insecure. If this band is really GNR and really as good as we'd all believe, why is 4/5 of the old band reuniting to play some classic GNR songs such a threat to you people? The only explanation is that somewhere down deep you realize that GNR has become a house of cards.

Nah, I went to the concert in Adelaide and was absolutely blown away by how shit hot Guns N' Roses are!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »

Nobodies banking on anything, but the possibility of Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven playing together is big news to most GNR fans and yet people are not being allowed to discuss it. We were just wondering why?

And Jarmo gave youze his answer ... yet youze are still going on and on and on about it.

monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »

Steven Adler & friends?
/jarmo

hihi Yep...friends Duff, Slash and Izzy.... hihi

Can no one see the giant elephant in the room except me?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »

Steven Adler & friends?
/jarmo

hihi Yep...friends Duff, Slash and Izzy.... hihi

Can no one see the giant elephant in the room except me?

http://www.velvetrevolver.com/

http://www.velvet-revolver.com/index.php?p=news

Funny how it's not mentioned on sites dedicated to Duff and Slash's current band either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2007, 11:29:46 AM »

^ So what's your implication there? That it isn't going to happen?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »

Are you serious? Do you really not understand what he's getting at?
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:07 PM »

^ Yes i'm serious....his answer is typical of the obfuscation that goes on around here.

If I had been complaining that it wasn't posted as news at gunsnroses.com then it might have been relevant to point out that it also hasn't been posted as news at velvetrevolver.com, however I made no such complaint.

I'm not talking about the official website. I'm talking about messages boards run by fans like this one.

This site is for GNR fans to talk about things pertaining to GNR. AFD is a GNR album. 4/5 of the line up that recorded AFD the GNR album might be meeting next week for the 20th aniversary of the GNR album to play the GNR songs.

Yet somehow its considered irrelevant to GNR?

I just wanted to question the need to hide and delete the news from fans, and the motives behind it. So far we've been given:

1. Wrong section. (Incorrect: The thread was in the ex-members section and was a discussion about how 4 ex members of GNR may play some GNR songs)
2. Because it was being billed as a reunion when axl isn't comming. Well its still a reunion of 4/5 of the AFD GNR line up. And the first time (to my knowledge) that these 4 have played together in many many years.
3. JB seems to be saying its just cos the mods don't like certain threads and we should all shut the fuck up. (I'll grant him that he is closer to the truth).

The new band shows some promice, the leaks are good songs. But I realise its tough to be a fan of this band, your up against the odds, theres big shoes to fill, still no album, many years of dramas. But surely if you respected the band half as much as you all claim to you wouldn't feel the need to hide from things like this meeting of 4/5 of the old band. What are you all so scared of?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:40 PM »

/jarmo

So that's why? ?Oh boy......

It took several days, a couple pages later, this topic being locked, another one being started and then merged with this one, and then this one unlocked. ? ?All I wanted was a simple answer in the first place. ?

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »

What are you all so scared of?

Nothing, there are just more exciting things to care about.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »

Sorry, I was busy watching Guns N' Roses rock Japan and meet Japanese fans instead of dealing with your Steven Adler threads.

The fact that some of you keep mentioning it in the GN'R section is so lame.

It's got nothing to do with Axl, Robin, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris or Frank. They just finished a tour in Japan.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 12:08:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »

What are you all so scared of?

Nothing, there are just more exciting things to care about.

I would accept that many people on here feel that way. But if your simply just disinterested there would be no need to delete the post would there? It would have just died a natural death. Yet instead it was deleted from existence.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: