Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 41144 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

You know why?

Because everybody keeps mentioning Axl in order to sell more tickets!

Also, some people might actually believe Axl will be there because of the way some of you post.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 12:49:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

Sorry, I was busy watching Guns N' Roses rock Japan and meet Japanese fans instead of dealing with your Steven Adler threads.

The fact that some of you keep mentioning it in the GN'R section is so lame.

It's got nothing to do with Axl, Robin, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris or Frank. They just finished a tour in Japan.

/jarmo

Why is there an AFD celebration thread on the main GNR board if the celebrations for AFD cannot be talked about, it makes no sense.

It's got nothing to do with Axl, Robin, Tommy etc? Interesting logic. Are they GNR then or not? If they are, then it does have something to do with them, because they are GNR and AFD is a GNR album last time I checked. If they don't wish to be associated with AFD perhaps they should stop playing 2/3rds of AFD at every live show they do.

So the reason the subject is not allowed to be discussed is what? It's hard to keep track when the reason keeps changing.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »

Because that thread isn't about selling tickets to a Steven Adler show by saying "Axl might be there"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2007, 12:54:01 PM »

Private Eye, your logic is um.....well....(missing a step)

Axl, Tommy, Robin etc = GNR ? ?(correct) ? ? ? ?

GNR = AFD ?(correct)

However, GNR + AFD does not equal Steven and Friends because Steven and Friends does not equal GNR.

Get it!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2007, 01:15:14 PM »

However, GNR + AFD does not equal Steven and Friends because Steven and Friends does not equal GNR.

But surely Steven and Friends + X = in the ex-Gunners section??

X being equal to whatever

I'm sure if this does take place, discussion will be allowed.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »

Because that thread isn't about selling tickets to a Steven Adler show by saying "Axl might be there"?

/jarmo

Steven said an old tech guy will try to contact Axl, not "Axl might be there", it's hard to get Axl to show up when he has to, do you really think people believe one of Stevens old tech guys will manage to get him to play with the old band? ?hihi

Nobody really believes Axls going to be there and you know it, I would bet not one person from these board who would go to this show would go expecting to see Axl. They're going to celebrate AFD, see Steven perform and if they're lucky see the majority of the original GNR perform together onstage. I still don't see what is wrong with allowing fans to know about and discuss this.

Stolat - Thank you for the lesson in logic you really are a wonderful teacher, unfortunately though you missed out one vital tiny little bit of information.

Stevens 'friends' in this case just so happens to be Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Slash, Steven, Izzy, Duff = major part of AFD (correct)

AFD = GNR (correct)

So by my logic and actually by yours too as I've just shown, Steven and his 'friends' are very much a vital part of AFD and in turn GNR.

Get it! ?Kiss

Incidently if Izzy does perform at this show will it appear in the news section like Izzy's last bit of news?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 02:27:22 PM »

the new? motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?? Grin

Funny that. I've found myself subconsciously quoting Jarmo recently too. His subliminal smiley brainwashing methods must be working..... nervous

actually I believe it was Mr. Thomas Eugene Stinson who said it first.? smoking

I'm glad this site is maintaining respect and loyalty for GnR (as it is in 2007).? ? On some sites this topic is posted in the fucking main section.? Its a slap in the face to guys like Tommy who have been in this shit for nearly 10 fucking years.? no

Steven Adler is doing his usual bullshit "very special surprise guest" shit getting people to go in hopes that Axl shows up and hyping up his fantasy reunion.? And thats all it is is a fucking fantasy.? ?This is the same Steven Adler who claims all the guys in the band told him they should be kicked out of the band for the ex-members.? hihi rofl

It said "4/5ths of the AFD lineup to reunite" - nothing disrespectful about that, it didn't say "GnR to reunite". If there was a problem, just change the subject title. It's just (possibly) 4 of the guys jamming together playing some old songs- its certainly not being labelled as Guns N' Roses, so I don't see how its a slap in the face.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

Agreed that it should be in a section that is dedicated to Ex GNR members but from the hostile response from members here, it seems like this site thinks it's a slap in the face in general for the ex members for GNR to get together and do some songs on stage, hense a reunion of possibly 4 GNR original band members.

no, they can perform together whenver they want, thats fine.   its labeling it as a 'gnr reunion' and dropping hints that Axl is going to show up (so he can sell more tickets) that is a slap in the face to the guys in the band now.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

Agreed that it should be in a section that is dedicated to Ex GNR members but from the hostile response from members here, it seems like this site thinks it's a slap in the face in general for the ex members for GNR to get together and do some songs on stage, hense a reunion of possibly 4 GNR original band members.

no, they can perform together whenver they want, thats fine.   its labeling it as a 'gnr reunion' and dropping hints that Axl is going to show up (so he can sell more tickets) that is a slap in the face to the guys in the band now.

I really don't believe he is doing that to sell more tickets, if Steven didn't say a word about Axl people are gonna be curious if he is going to go and buy tickets anyhow, it's like how can you not think what if.   Sure we can say, nah he won't be there but I am sure there are people that have bought tickets that don't post on the boards thinking, hmm I wonder if he will show but hell at least I get to see the others anyway.

Would you have thought that Izzy would have walked out onto that stage at Hammerstein definitely, rumors were brewing before the shows and he did to everyones surprise, my point is, no one went to or bought tickets to the Hammerstein shows with the sole reason for hey what if Izzy shows up and Axl and Izzy are the same stage, I have to be there.   They bought tickets to see GNR and Izzy was a coo, same difference.  Axl may not have said it himself that Izzy was gonna show but he sure has hell mentioned him quite alot at the shows before that last one but I don't think that would have swayed tickets sales either way.    I don't think it's gonna sway tickets sales if Axl is there or not at this point.   

Sure if it was a full blown reunion, that place would be packed out and people would be lining up outside but most people have sense to know that it's not and won't be.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »

If Adler, Slash, Izzy and Duff possibly playing together is considered "Adler and Friends" and not relevant to GNR, it makes you wonder what type of explanation we are going to get when Appetite turns 25 in 5 years and Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven show up (Axl will probably stay home) at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame for their induction as Guns N' Roses. Makes you almost feel sad for Axl that he probably won't be able to show up to what should be the crowning achievement of his career because it would be a direct slap in the face to the new line-up for him to get up on stage with Slash, DUff, Izzy, Alder when they aren't really GNR and have nothing to do with the band.

Maybe someone from the board should call the rock hall and tell them that it is only members of the current line-up that are relevant to GNR, and not the 4 original members they will induct along with Axl instead.

The sad part about the whole situation is that Appetite is GNR's biggest asset, and it can't even be celebrated properly to promote the band through a remastered release or any other promotional gimmicks because it would actually undermine Axl's cause right now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »

Was it actually confirmed by Slash and Duff that they will show up?

It's not mentioned on the VR sites.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2007, 04:26:15 PM »

/jarmo

no, in fact in an interview Adler did on his myspace says Duff isn't even confirmed.  He says Slash and Izzy said they would be there, and he's "hoping" for Duff and that someone was going to talk to Axl.  Its his usual shit.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »

/jarmo

no, in fact in an interview Adler did on his myspace says Duff isn't even confirmed.  He says Slash and Izzy said they would be there, and he's "hoping" for Duff and that someone was going to talk to Axl.  Its his usual shit.

I guess we aren't going to know until Saturday.   We all should be used to waiting for supposed rumors to be true, what's another one beer  This is the type of rumor that can't really be denied or confirmed till it happens.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2007, 05:49:12 PM »

no, they can perform together whenver they want, thats fine.? ?its labeling it as a 'gnr reunion' and dropping hints that Axl is going to show up (so he can sell more tickets) that is a slap in the face to the guys in the band now.

He didn't label it as a gnr reunion and said Axl wouldn't show up, in the original post. On the MySpace message he said someone would ask Axl. I don't think anyone on this board actually believes Axl will show up, but I really don't see the harm in leaving it on the board just so people can read it and make up their own minds. Censoring it doesn't change the fact he said it. Steven Adler is a source, even if he's not always correct, its not like its a random fan.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »

Steven Adler is about as credible as anyone else addicted to crack.  not very.

yahoo news is claiming theres a "GnR Reunion" minus Axl - thanks to Adler and his shit.  which is bullshit, considering GnR just wrapped up a tour in japan.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »

And yet people don't understand why we try to keep that kind of bullshit to a minimum.

Remember all the shit that happened the last fucking time he was talking about the reunion?

Same shit, different day.

Roll Eyes

If anybody comes here and whines about Axl not showing up or how expensive the trip was just to see Steven play, I want the ones who think this is important to explain to them how it wasn't Axl's fault.  ok

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »

/jarmo

It's not confirmed but I still think Adler deserves a voice in the ex-gunners section. Regardless of whether it happens or not, I don't think he should be censored. Of course it shouldn't be posted as news till it happens, but i really don't see what's wrong with discussing it and letting people who are interested read it.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:37 PM »

Steven Adler is about as credible as anyone else addicted to crack.

Do you have evidence he's on the pipe? If so, I would like to see it. It is real easy to stereo type someone for past behavior. He could be using ... who knows, but if you are just slinging that word around as a derogative swipe, it just shows your ignorance of that disease. There are a lot of addicts out there, and on this board.

yahoo news is claiming...

Yahoo News is the online equivalent of the National Enquirer

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007, 07:31:08 PM »

Yahoo News is the online equivalent of the National Enquirer

Nothing holds a candle to Weekly World News...
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »

And yet people don't understand why we try to keep that kind of bullshit to a minimum.
Remember all the shit that happened the last fucking time he was talking about the reunion?
Same shit, different day.
 Roll Eyes
If anybody comes here and whines about Axl not showing up or how expensive the trip was just to see Steven play, I want the ones who think this is important to explain to them how it wasn't Axl's fault.  ok
/jarmo

I agree with you Jarmo that it would be unfortunate if morons came here and started blaming axl for not showing at that event. However shutting down all conversation about the other 4/5 of the AFD era band meeting up will not help achieve that goal.

In actuality if the topic had been allowed to continue then someone considering going just for the chance (or lack thereof) to see Axl would quickly see the insanity of that move from the many posts that would have ensued pointing out obvious facts like: (a) Axl has shown no indication of dumping the 'new' guys and in fact have been more active in the last few years than previously (b) Axl is (to the best of my knowledge) on the opposite side of the world on tour at the moment..so hardly likey to go. These points in preemptive defense of Axl to the attacks you anticipate on him could easily be made in a discussion, and in fact would probably carry more weight given many people know of this site's links to the band.
Instead you chose to delete all information about it, and then for several days avoid giving a clear reason why, which only served to fuel speculation on other sites that there was in fact some big surprise planned. (Which we all know or at least I think, is bullshit.). So if shutting down those kinds of mess was your aim, you've entirely subverted your purpose.

Previously I was interpreting the attitude of many of the mods on this board as a lack of faith in the current GNR band, in that they are so quick to find any excuse to bash the old band members and at times go to great lengths to distort or deny things that any logical person without a bias could see. (Eg that 4/5 of AFD-GNR getting together for the first time in years is news to fans of GNR's music). However I now suspect thats not the real reason why its done at all.

As a fan of both bands, I have no issue with someone liking the current line up of GNR more than any of the past lineups. And i have no issue with that being made well known. But its becoming more and more obvious that what's going on on this site is flag waving. By that I mean:

Its become like football team fandom, we all love whoever is in the band when they are: Slash and Bucket were great when with Axl, now we have to go to any length possible to say they're assholes, and that they have no relevance because they are out of the team.

Now i can't know what goes on in your heads, but its obvious now that what's important to you is to create a perception. I'm sure you do love the new line up, but you'll go to any length, delete any topic no matter how relevant to GNR history it is, loose as many members as necessary, and in some cases deny facts or intentionally cloud an issue. And why? To create this perception that you are loyal and violently in love with your "team" the current line up. You'll take ANY chance no matter how bizzare to state it on the record one more time.

I can only speculate about why such a perception is important to you. Perhaps its because of your contact with the band, perhaps this is the kind of acquaintance/friendship servitude relationship that Axl demands. Or, more likely, in the past you've stood up for him when it was legitimate and were rewarded with some contact, and now you mistakenly believe that its necessary to be seen to be doing the 'right thing' no matter what the context is.

At the end of the day, we get it, we know you like the new band, people like me like them as well as the old band, and we know you have to be seen to be a supporter no matter what. But for god sake - deleting topics about 4/5 of the original GNR line up playing together for the first time in decades is throwing out the baby with the bathwater!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: