Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The BIG Question ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BIG Question ?  (Read 23166 times)
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2007, 07:32:48 AM »

What does it mean to concentrate on getting the album out? From all  viewpoints the album is out of the hands of the band--being mixed  or whatever. So the phrase to focus on getting the album out is meaningless. I guess the band  will  sit  together in room and chant together 'get the album out, get the  album out' until it  finally happens?? I am confused, and not a small bit  dubious.

hehe m8b that`ll work Grin I guess that means they have to organize a release date, talk about promo with universal, set a schedule for interview dates and tv appearances etc.
But then again, they don`t even have management.... Huh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2007, 07:54:55 AM »

I think it's funny when people talk about management forcing Axl to tour and that's why he can't get the album out.? I mean I could be wrong, but I doubt Axl's taking too many orders from people.? I assume he makes most of the calls, atleast the important ones.
I'm not saying it IS true, but that's what they've led us to believe in the past.  Axl himself implied that in his letter to the fans and the press release regarding the cancelled European tour in 2001 stated that former mgr. Doug Goldstein got excited at the success of RIR and jumped the gun to arrange a European tour as they planned to have the album out THAT year.  But Buckethead's illness stopped the tour and slowed down the process of the album.  And of course the failed tour the next year and Bucket quitting the band a few years later didn't help speed things up either.  Again, we the fans don't get very much information so we can only take these things we HAVE been told.  Anything else is just pure speculation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2007, 10:17:04 AM »

The plans are to get the album out.  But if they don't, look for another tour in the U.S., hitting the cities that they haven't played yet.  And if they don't do that, look for some cool pictures on the website for another year.

Look at me!!  I'm an "insider" too!!

Roll Eyes
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »

I don't understand why everyone relies on Mysteron when Jarmo has direct contact with GN'R, and Fernando and Beta both post on the website.

I think (and hope) the band have probably got the message by now which is the fans would really appreciate some kind of idea about what is going to happen (please don't post that silly 'the emphasis right now is going to be putting the album out' message again as that says absolutely nothing in my opinion)

Here today...ready to rock
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:43 AM »

Exactly my point.  I mean, seriously, why do we put so much weight into what Mysteron says?  Has he ever gave us groundbreaking news that came true?  Sorry, but as so many have said before:  Until CD is actually in my hands, I'm not believing shit.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »

So maybe we should start asking Jarmo if he knows anything Smiley

Jarmo, speak up please! Cheesy
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »

Exactly my point.  I mean, seriously, why do we put so much weight into what Mysteron says?  Has he ever gave us groundbreaking news that came true?  Sorry, but as so many have said before:  Until CD is actually in my hands, I'm not believing shit.

When CD is playing in my stereo, I still won't believe it will ever come out  Grin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »

Exactly my point.? I mean, seriously, why do we put so much weight into what Mysteron says?? Has he ever gave us groundbreaking news that came true??

Mysteron only says things when they're going to happen.

As he stated, sometimes plans change.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »

I know this: GN'R in 2007 is better than ever.

If you saw them in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand or Japan, you know what I'm talking about.

I also know there are no scheduled tour dates right now. As usual, as soon as there are real news about upcoming shows you will know about it.

The same goes for the album. When there's news about it, it will be posted.

The tour just ended so let's just relax for a moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »

expect the unexpected

with all due respect, for as long as i have been a fan of gnr, i haven't seen or heard Axl Rose do anything other than the unexpected.....its part of his appeal, his charisma....its the reason why we all like him....

sorry Mysteron, but saying that we should expect the "unexpected" is a bit like stating the obvious....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »

expect the unexpected

with all due respect, for as long as i have been a fan of gnr, i haven't seen or heard Axl Rose do anything other than the unexpected.....its part of his appeal, his charisma....its the reason why we all like him....

sorry Mysteron, but saying that we should expect the "unexpected" is a bit like stating the obvious....

what's the obvious?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2007, 11:35:45 AM »

expect the unexpected

what's the obvious?

Isn't it obvious

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2007, 11:36:13 AM »

what's the obvious?

that we should expect the "unexpected"

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »

If you saw them in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand or Japan, you know what I'm talking about.

I also know there are no scheduled tour dates right now. As usual, as soon as there are real news about upcoming shows you will know about it.

/jarmo

Good point overall. I know that alot of people get irritated with the constant questions about the album, but it honestly does get hard sometimes to keep up the waiting.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2007, 11:46:07 AM »

you guys are reading too much in between lines
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2007, 12:25:11 PM »

you guys are reading too much in between lines

Who and how?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2007, 01:11:51 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo is right, lets just relax...the tour just ended. I believe we will haeve some news in the next month...but there's nothing we can do. Let's just wait!

Right now we should be proud our favorite band rocked the world in the past 2 years...great shows, sold out shows in Europe, USA, Oceania, Asia...Gn'r are on the right path Smiley

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2007, 01:16:29 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43475.msg879333#msg879333

that was posted in feburary , all of a sudden nobody has a clue to whats happening , except a bunch of dates were just played ?
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »

I think it's funny when people talk about management forcing Axl to tour and that's why he can't get the album out.? I mean I could be wrong, but I doubt Axl's taking too many orders from people.? I assume he makes most of the calls, atleast the important ones.
And of course the failed tour the next year and Bucket quitting the band a few years later didn't help speed things up either.? Again, we the fans don't get very much information so we can only take these things we HAVE been told.? Anything else is just pure speculation.

I'm sure buckethead leaving caused some problems, but remember guns n' roses' lack of ability to produce any material was the sole reason he left. ?We can blame bucket for fucking things up but not all that much - I'm going to say what they have to do in order to get Chinese Democracy out because I have no idea what the problem is, but if Buckethead left in '03 when because they couldn't make any new material and now it's '07 (4 years later) and we still have NOTHING NEW then fuck me freddy. (except a few bootlegs and the tour, which doesn't count)

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Rirobinson
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

I don't understand why everyone relies on Mysteron when Jarmo has direct contact with GN'R, and Fernando and Beta both post on the website.

Me too ... Does this forum give us any groundbreaking news about the band in the past 3 years? I prefer to rely in official statements that come at the same time here and every serious comunnication channels. Axl is a fair guy!!! Everybody get news at the same

/jarmo

I don't know if It's my impression but does Jarmo wrote a lot of things but actually didn't say shit?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: