Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Last Fight - Editors' Picks no1 song on rolling stone magazine......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Last Fight - Editors' Picks no1 song on rolling stone magazine......  (Read 3470 times)
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 20, 2007, 02:35:53 PM »

Is this the next single???
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »

That's what the rumor is.   
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 09:46:55 PM »

yes it is the next single, hits the radio 20th august

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »

I have never been as into as this song as everyone else seems to be. Even since the VLOGs on the website. It's good, don't get me wrong, I like it. Just don't think it's as special as a lot of others seem to. But obviously since everyone else seems to hold it in high esteem it's probably the right move for a single. I woulda gone with another rocker.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
GeraldFord
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »

why wait  ?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »

why wait? ?
Great question.  There's NO reason to have "She Builds Quick Machines" as your lead single for FOUR months.  Enough with that song already.  Even if it was a great song, which it's not, enough is enough.  Let's move on!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »

Not sure if a video has been made-VH1 hardly played SBQM, probably rightfully so-the record company needs to wake up-I remember for the last single for Contraband they picked Dirty Little Thing as the last wingle, which was hardly the 3rd best song on the album-the single went nowhere (it's not even on VR's setlist now, if that tells you anything)-on the VR fan site it was listed on the poll as maybe 6 or 7 in voting for the next single-I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking with SBQM-it's an ok song, but hardly one that will catch on mainstream

libertad
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »

why wait? ?

the only reason i can see would be that they want it to coincide with the AIC tour.. but that would be dumb also.. exactly why wait? dumbfucks no hihi
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »

why wait? ?

the only reason i can see would be that they want it to coincide with the AIC tour.. but that would be dumb also.. exactly why wait? dumbfucks no hihi

I felt the same as you guys, that is until i heard that SBQM is still climbing the charts. It is now up to number 3 on the billboard rock charts, switching places with Linkin Park's What I've Done
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 03:34:04 PM »

why wait? ?

I felt the same as you guys, that is until i heard that SBQM is still climbing the charts. It is now up to number 3 on the billboard rock charts, switching places with Linkin Park's What I've Done
That speaks volumes for how BAD mainstream rock is these days, no offense to VR, but no way SBQM should be anywhere near the #3 song in the land if there was any worthy competition.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »

why wait  ?

That speaks volumes for how BAD mainstream rock is these days, no offense to VR, but no way SBQM should be anywhere near the #3 song in the land if there was any worthy competition.

Getting airplay has as much to do with record labels using their power and leaning on the radio stations as it does with how good the songs actually are.  Once in a while a song will come out of nowhere with little to no promotion from a label and become a hit because the listeners demand it like what happened with Crazy Bitch last year.  But in most cases the radio plays what the labels want them to play.  This is how SBQM is #3 and even though most people don't even like the song
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »

It's a great song and a wise choice for  the next single.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 05:07:26 AM »

I just heard "The Last Fight" on the radio July 21st and they DJ said it was VR's new single.  What gives? Are you sure they're waiting til August?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

I just heard "The Last Fight" on the radio July 21st and they DJ said it was VR's new single.  What gives? Are you sure they're waiting til August?
well it'll do better than SBQM anyways.   still dont see it having the same impact as Fall to Pieces (although i dispise FTP and think TLF is half decent).
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17:42 AM »

I just heard "The Last Fight" on the radio July 21st and they DJ said it was VR's new single.? What gives? Are you sure they're waiting til August?
I could be wrong but I don't think radio stations necessarily HAVE to wait for a song to be officially released as a single for them to play it.  Although if he did introduce it as their NEW single either he is misinformed, or we are.  Let's hope he's right.  It's time to move on.

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »

They should launch it earlier to boost album sales.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: