Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:40:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  CAMP FREDDY To Perform At X-Games/ESPN Party In Hollywood
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CAMP FREDDY To Perform At X-Games/ESPN Party In Hollywood  (Read 1939 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 15, 2007, 06:13:28 PM »

CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring guitarists Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) and Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist) alongside VELVET REVOLVER members Matt Sorum (drums) and Scott Weiland (vocals) ? will playing at the X-Games/ESPN party at the House Of Blues in Hollywood, CA on Friday August 3. The group has been a fixture at the event for the last couple of years, and 2007 will bring them back for a third year in a row. The event is a private, invite-only show.

CAMP FREDDY recently resumed work on its long-awaited debut album. " spent a couple of days over in the Valley with [producer] Mike Clink," Morrison wrote in an April 2007 posting on his web site. " sang on a track and did a bunch of guitar bits and pieces. And we also listened back to everything we have so far (we have been at this now for YEARS!!!) and it all still sounds really good. So we have scheduled another couple of guests to record next week. I think the idea is to just keep chipping away and one day we'll wake up to a completely finished record."

CAMP FREDDY performed its cover of the CHEAP TRICK classic "Surrender" on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on October 5, 2006. This was the band's first television appearance since "The Showbiz Show with David Spade" on Comedy Central in late June.

CAMP FREDDY's cover of "Surrender" was the lead single from the movie soundtrack "Employee of the Month". The song features the core CAMP FREDDY lineup of Dave Navarro, Billy Morrison, Matt Sorum and Scott Weiland, Donovan Leitch (vocals) and Chris Chaney (bass), and was recorded at Sorum's Drac Studios in Los Angeles.

CAMP FREDDY has been in and out of the recording studio over the past couple of years recording what is expected to eventually be released as the band's debut album. Among the cuts that are set to appear on the effort are "20th Century Boy" (also featuring Steve Jones from THE SEX PISTOLS on lead guitar) and THIN LIZZY's "Jailbreak" (featuring ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell on vocals and Billy Duffy [ex-THE CULT] on lead guitar). Other guest musicians include RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and singer Macy Gray.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
erguevous
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »

I'd like to go, how do you get invited to this event???  peace
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »

I'd like to go, how do you get invited to this event?Huh peace

maybe you should try to be a rockstar, extreme sports superstar or something like that.. if you're a supermodel you have a shot too ok
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:42:02 AM »

I would love to see these guys perform.  Sounds like it would be a blast.  Do they only play in CA?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:58:46 AM »

I'd like to go, how do you get invited to this event???  peace

try calling camp freddy radio on next saturday.... you might win a ticket.. they give them away if i am not mistaken... they usually do though.

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »

I would love to see these guys perform.? Sounds like it would be a blast.? Do they only play in CA?

No.

They've played in FLA, NY, TX and a few other places.

They are indeed the "most expensive cover band on the planet". yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:45:21 PM »

I bet it's alot of fun to see them. A bunch of really talented guys just doing it for no other reason than fun. Not to promote a new album or for any cash, just playing a bunch of songs that they love.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: