Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 14th, 2007 Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe DISSCUSION THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 14th, 2007 Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe DISSCUSION THREAD  (Read 35682 times)
shannonhoon
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »

What a night! What a surprise!

Who saw that one coming?

The crowd really loved every second of the show.

People were being pulled out of the crowd all the time and at one point, Axl had to ask them to take a step back.

Robin went down to the floor during Out Ta Get Me and ended up playing in the pit that goes towards the mixing desk.

The band has obviously gotten tighter since last time I saw them. It's almost scary!

/jarmo

Why is that almost scary ? it would be a shame if they didn't after all these concerts and having the time to play al these songs almost everyday, ain't that just normal development in musicians ?
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2007, 06:06:13 AM »

Don't cry.great ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
rocketqueenrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2007, 11:51:13 AM »

That performence of dont cry was really moving.

Is it bumblefoot on backup vocals?Huh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2007, 11:53:51 AM »

I think somebody said it was Chris Pittman.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2007, 11:54:43 AM »

I believe so...

KrazyJ23
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »

beer Cool

Just listened to the MP3 of Don't Cry.....Like many others I have been waiting for GNR to play this song again as it's such a powerful, moving piece of music.? Axl picked the perfect way to give the fans a treat last night and a tribute to the legacy of that song and how it's touched people.

Think i'm wrong?? Just look at the outpouring 1 simple (yet awesome) performance of the song brought from all of the fans on this forum.? It was awesome to hear it live again.....and the solo from Bfoot.? F'n AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? That is a tough Slash solo to add to....as Slash absolutely killed it with that solo, but Bfoot made it his own.

Thanks Axl.

~KrazyJ
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »

I think somebody said it was Chris Pittman.

Starting with this tour, Pitman has been doing the backing vocal parts for November Rain and a bunch of other songs.

It's cool that he took time to learn them all - it really adds to the sound.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »

and the reviews are like "encores twice, ?is this a sign of a miracle?"
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000032898

according to the reviewer, it was far better than Rock am ring of last year. sorry to german friends.

They started to talk about the band not just about axl and the old band.
It used to be an axl solo project to them.......these uninformed and misinformed fans...

Guns N Roses is making converts of old fans. It's not a miracle but a chinese democracy!!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »

he played Don?t Cry?? damn.. for once I think I?m kinda happy with something from this board section! lol ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2007, 02:05:31 PM »

I don't understand why people are bashed for complaining about the setlist.

There are two whole albums they aren't even using much material off of and I wish they'd throw in some illusion stuff.

I am a GNR Illusion fan. I became a huge fan with the UYI's, not AFD and I am a bigger fan of the UYI GNR and I'd be so excited I'd pass out to hear Civil War, Estranged, Coma.......... Instead of doing all the individual solos, they could do Double talkin Jive and incorporate the band's solos into that song or something.

I would love some more UYI material in the setlist.
There we go, some negativity.? I asked for it though, so I'll let it slide.? I hear what you're saying.? I really began to love GNR at their UYI days too.? I'd love to hear "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", etc.? But you gotta understand with each of those songs they play people would be clamoring for NEW music.? They can't possibly please EVERYONE with the setlist.? But just within the past year they've given us 3 unexpected gems in "Down On The Farm", "Nice Boys", and "Don't Cry".? It may not be much, but it's a start.? IF they're serious about putting the album out I can forgive them for not playing the Illusions tracks.? But if it's never gonna see the light of day then they might as well blow the lid off the place.? But, as far as we know, Chinese Democracy is still supposed to come out,,,,,,, someday.? So I'll hold off on the criticism for now.

How the fuck is that being negative?

I just said I think it would be great to hear more UYI material since I became a huge fan during UYI

Explain to me please how my comment is negative in anyway?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »

My God...

Do I really have to lock this one to show you that the same discussion about the setlists has become REALLY FUCKIN BORING?

Mr. Madagascar
Headliner

"Hope to see you soon boys and girls", Axl Rio 01-15-01

« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

Awesome ok  Thanks Axl and Ron

08/19/91 Copenhagen, Denmark
06/08/93 Gentofte Stadion, Denmark
08/24/02 Pukkelpop,Belgium
08/26/02 London Arena,England
05/12-14-15-17/06 Hammerstein, New York
06/29/06 Roskilde Festival, Denmark
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »

I don't understand why people are bashed for complaining about the setlist.

There are two whole albums they aren't even using much material off of and I wish they'd throw in some illusion stuff.

I am a GNR Illusion fan. I became a huge fan with the UYI's, not AFD and I am a bigger fan of the UYI GNR and I'd be so excited I'd pass out to hear Civil War, Estranged, Coma.......... Instead of doing all the individual solos, they could do Double talkin Jive and incorporate the band's solos into that song or something.

I would love some more UYI material in the setlist.
There we go, some negativity.? I asked for it though, so I'll let it slide.? I hear what you're saying.? I really began to love GNR at their UYI days too.? I'd love to hear "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", etc.? But you gotta understand with each of those songs they play people would be clamoring for NEW music.? They can't possibly please EVERYONE with the setlist.? But just within the past year they've given us 3 unexpected gems in "Down On The Farm", "Nice Boys", and "Don't Cry".? It may not be much, but it's a start.? IF they're serious about putting the album out I can forgive them for not playing the Illusions tracks.? But if it's never gonna see the light of day then they might as well blow the lid off the place.? But, as far as we know, Chinese Democracy is still supposed to come out,,,,,,, someday.? So I'll hold off on the criticism for now.

How the fuck is that being negative?

I just said I think it would be great to hear more UYI material since I became a huge fan during UYI

Explain to me please how my comment is negative in anyway?
Easy there killer.  Axl sings "Don't Cry" for the first time in 15 years and you bring up the fact that they still aren't playing a good amount of material from 2 whole albums.  That's what happened.  Read between the lines.  I was half agreeing with you anyway, so chill the F' out!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:23 PM »

I fully understand your need to answer eachother's posts until the end of the world, but unless you stop it right now, I'll lock the damn thread.

The reason we're bashing the same old whining about the setlist is cause we're fuckin tired of it.

Christian
VIP

« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »

Does anybody knows what happened after Robin Solo on November Rain?
Axl dind't sing and then said "again"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »

I didn't realize that coincidentally the last time "Don't Cry" was played was almost EXACTLY 14 years ago, just missed it by 2 days.

From www.gnrsource.com
Notable Performances:
February 28, 1986 - Hollywood, CA - The first known performance of the song.
October 23, 1987 - New York, NY - Rare performance on the "Appetite For Destruction" tour.
November 17, 1987 - Knoxville, TN - Rare performance on the "Appetite For Destruction" tour. 
January 31, 1988 - New York, NY - Acoustic performance.
July 16, 1993 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - The last performance.

Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »

I didn't realize that coincidentally the last time "Don't Cry" was played was almost EXACTLY 14 years ago, just missed it by 2 days.

From www.gnrsource.com
Notable Performances:
February 28, 1986 - Hollywood, CA - The first known performance of the song.
October 23, 1987 - New York, NY - Rare performance on the "Appetite For Destruction" tour.
November 17, 1987 - Knoxville, TN - Rare performance on the "Appetite For Destruction" tour.?
January 31, 1988 - New York, NY - Acoustic performance.
July 16, 1993 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - The last performance.

Thats weird. Maybe Axl realised this and thats why he did it.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2007, 07:35:05 PM »

I've listened to this Don't Cry boot 5 times in last 20 minutes!  Thanks for recording and posting this...Thanks to all updaters...Japan rocks! I'm so happy for our Japanese Gunners who got to experience these last 2 shows...sounds like it was truly amazing
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:28 PM »

I've listened to this Don't Cry boot 5 times in last 20 minutes!? Thanks for recording and posting this...Thanks to all updaters...Japan rocks! I'm so happy for our Japanese Gunners who got to experience these last 2 shows...sounds like it was truly amazing

yeah, it was pretty cool to hear it. im really happy ron took it and made it his own....very nice job imo....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2007, 06:35:15 AM »

I just saw Don?t Cry in youtube. It was so touching, really beautiful. Axl and GNR are the best.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: