Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash @ E3
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash @ E3  (Read 2672 times)
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« on: July 13, 2007, 06:21:10 AM »

Just saw a video over at screwattack.com (E3- Day 1 Part 2 Recap)

And around the 3.30 mark you can see slash at the Activision presentation (smoking a sig while it's not allowed  Tongue)

I think the GH3 deal has made slash some nice cash Wink

Like peeing clouds!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:25:53 AM »

I think the GH3 deal has made slash some nice cash Wink

Surely.
I've seen comments across various boards that people are going to buy GH3 just 'coz Slash is in it.

Fuck 'Em All.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:35 AM »

Then I guess the GH3 deal made Activision some nice cash aswell!!!

I won't buy it, it's kinda stupid to play on a fake guitar. Why not buy a real one?
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »

Yeah, I agree. I think its a dumbass game. Its not even relative to guitar. its your brain sending signals to your fingers, they do those kind of tests to see if chimps are smart. Ive talked to kids about it in class and one kid is like "Dont think because you play guitar youll be good at guitar hero". It's like 700 bucks for xbox 360 and a game. You know what you could do with 700 bucks? Ok, im done ranting Peace  smoking

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »

Then I guess the GH3 deal made Activision some nice cash aswell!!!

I won't buy it, it's kinda stupid to play on a fake guitar. Why not buy a real one?
Because not everyone can play guitar. Simple enough for ya?

P.S. I think it's a great game, helps exercise your finger movements.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »

It's great fun, and if anything its helping bring great rock to a newer younger generation. The argument on why not just buy a real guitar, Well I'm pretty sure Slash owns his fair share of guitars, and he still found some fun and different enough in the game to get him addicted. It helps a generation raised on rap-beats to appreciate guitar-work. If i'm sitting around with the acoustic, all my girlfriend can do is sit around and make odd-requests I have no idea how to play. With guitar hero my girlfriend can plug in, become duff, and play  bass on sweet child of mine.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »

I've never played Guitar Hero, I've heard rave reviews but I think it would be a lot cooler if they made you actually play the songs on the guitar controller the way you would on a real guitar.  Otherwise what's the point?  I think it would be a great idea to make a game like Guitar Hero that made you use real techniques, that way kids could play the game and actually learn to play guitar too.  Anyway that would be pretty sweet if they could figure out a way to do that
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »

musicians dont play it, it gives you wrist strain because of its ridiculously shaped "guitar"

html sucks
greendog
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »

Anyway that would be pretty sweet if they could figure out a way to do that

if they programmed it right then its pretty simple. just use a midi guitar Smiley
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »

musicians dont play it, it gives you wrist strain because of its ridiculously shaped "guitar"

I know 2 bass players who play it all the time. One of them doesn't even like the music on the game. It's sad top think they could be getting better at their instruments at that very moment instead of mindlessly clicking buttons relative to a screen

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: