Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:24:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Typhoon To Shutdown Shows?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Typhoon To Shutdown Shows?  (Read 8504 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

From the looks of things, the storm won't have reached the Tokyo/Chiba area until 9:00 AM on Sunday morning so it shouldn't impact the show
Annie
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »

From the looks of things, the storm won't have reached the Tokyo/Chiba area until 9:00 AM on Sunday morning so it shouldn't impact the show
Do they do mandatory evacuations like they do in the States for hurricanes for typhoons in Japan?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 05:29:54 PM »

Comparably it looks to be a category four upon landfall.? Katrina was a cat 3.

Katrina was not a 3. It was at least a 4 and perhaps a 5. But definitely not? a 3.

When it made landfall it was a category three.? When in the gulf of mexico it was a category five.

you're correct....and whoever made the insensitive comment of "how exciting..."  didn't lose everything they owned in a flood.  Unfortunately, I lived in N.O. when Katrina hit.  After the storm passed, all I had was what I packed in my car.  3 friends of mine died.  I had to rebuild my life. 

SO...WHAT THE FUCK IS EXCITING ABOUT A KILLER STORM HEADING INLAND...JUST STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST AN INSENSITIVE COMMENT LIKE THAT. 

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
keno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »

Right.

If the typhoon really hits Tokyo on 15 July, it is not funny.

The problem is Makuhari is in Chiba and not in Tokyo.? Many Japanese fans gave up the show because of the venue's bad access.

http://www.m-messe.co.jp/access/train_access_e.html

Although our transportation system is usually very good, Keiyo line which you need to take to go there, is a notorious for being easily delayed and suspended by wind and rain.

You can take a taxi if you can catch one, but it will probably cost more than 10,000 yen.
waxlrick
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »

The Typhoon is set to devastate the birth place of Karate.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »

Its not hitting china... were karate originated from Kung-Fu and Chinese Boxing... The term that was used before karate, was Chinese Hand. That word was slightly altered through time to Open/empty hand or kara-te.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 11:46:39 PM »

Silly mortals... that isn't a Typhoon nor Godzilla... It's Bumblefoot making his way to Japan!!!

rofl rofl
EXACTLY! exactly, dude. rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 11:53:07 PM »

Silly mortals... that isn't a Typhoon nor Godzilla... It's Bumblefoot making his way to Japan!!!

rofl rofl

I am responsible for the term bumble-roo, the kung-fu grip thal toy picture... and now...  rofl The things I think of from the encouragement from CD.com  rofl
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:31 AM »

rofl rofl

I am responsible for the term bumble-roo, the kung-fu grip thal toy picture... and now...  rofl The things I think of from the encouragement from CD.com  rofl
rofl I remember when you said "in the 2nd day, god created the bumble-roo" or something like this.
that toy is fucking amazing! hahahahahahahahaha.

"It's Bumblefoot making his way to Japan!!!"
rofl rofl rofl rofl

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 03:23:01 AM »

rofl rofl

I am responsible for the term bumble-roo, the kung-fu grip thal toy picture... and now...? rofl The things I think of from the encouragement from CD.com? rofl
rofl I remember when you said "in the 2nd day, god created the bumble-roo" or something like this.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Big POST !!!!!!!!!!!

rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 03:24:51 AM »

rofl rofl

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Big POST !!!!!!!!!!!

rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

rofl  rofl

haha good one

rofl  rofl
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 03:29:50 AM »

Katrina was not a 3. It was at least a 4 and perhaps a 5. But definitely not? a 3.

When it made landfall it was a category three.? When in the gulf of mexico it was a category five.

you're correct....and whoever made the insensitive comment of "how exciting..."? didn't lose everything they owned in a flood.? Unfortunately, I lived in N.O. when Katrina hit.? After the storm passed, all I had was what I packed in my car.? 3 friends of mine died.? I had to rebuild my life.?

SO...WHAT THE FUCK IS EXCITING ABOUT A KILLER STORM HEADING INLAND...JUST STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST AN INSENSITIVE COMMENT LIKE THAT.?

Come On, dudes! would you rather a typhoon or Godzilla hit your shores! THINK OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN CRUSHED BY THE GIANT LIZARD!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 03:37:48 AM »

Apparently Axl got to Brisbane an hour or two before the show flying in from Melbourne just in time. Hopefully he doesn't wait so long in Japan.
Might be a bumpy ride by plane. If there is a show at all, at least you know he will be in the immediate area hours beforehand increasing the chances of keeping schedule so you Japanese folks don't get stranded at two thirty a.m in the middle of a fucking typhoon.
Best of luck to the band, the fans and the general public., will make for an interesting memory.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 03:41:41 AM »

In the 70's in Adelaide a killer wave was scheduled to hit the shores, so aussies packed the beaches and brought surf boards!

Love the smell of napalm in the morning! Good luck!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 04:35:09 AM »

Apparently Axl got to Brisbane an hour or two before the show flying in from Melbourne just in time. Hopefully he doesn't wait so long in Japan.
Might be a bumpy ride by plane. If there is a show at all, at least you know he will be in the immediate area hours beforehand increasing the chances of keeping schedule so you Japanese folks don't get stranded at two thirty a.m in the middle of a fucking typhoon.
Best of luck to the band, the fans and the general public., will make for an interesting memory.
he arrived in Japan 2 days ago or something, so no problems there  ok

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
waxlrick
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 08:19:24 AM »

Its not hitting china... were karate originated from Kung-Fu and Chinese Boxing... The term that was used before karate, was Chinese Hand. That word was slightly altered through time to Open/empty hand or kara-te.

I said the birth place of Karate. Not Kung Fu. Yes it has origins in White Crane Kung Fu but karate was born in Okinawa. Naha Te (Northern hand). Dont worry buddy..I have all the books.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 08:23:05 AM »

Oh, ka-ra-te!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
asylumdave
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »

you're correct....and whoever made the insensitive comment of "how exciting..."? didn't lose everything they owned in a flood.? Unfortunately, I lived in N.O. when Katrina hit.? After the storm passed, all I had was what I packed in my car.? 3 friends of mine died.? I had to rebuild my life.?

SO...WHAT THE FUCK IS EXCITING ABOUT A KILLER STORM HEADING INLAND...JUST STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST AN INSENSITIVE COMMENT LIKE THAT.?

I dont recall saying it was exciting.  I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies of Krispy Kremes comments and denoting how seriouos a storm this could actually be!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »

In the 70's in Adelaide a killer wave was scheduled to hit the shores, so aussies packed the beaches and brought surf boards!

Love the smell of napalm in the morning! Good luck!

AHAHHA , Thats why im proud to be Australian,
you gotta Love Australian Humour, its undoubtedly the best in the world,

OZY OZY OZY

OI
FKN
OI
FKN
OI! beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »

Oh, oh! Now you've really done it! Any show person knows that you can't say good luck before a gig!!!! You have to say "break a leg"!!!!!!!

Quick! to unbreak the jinx, someone has to stand on their head and sing "singing in the rain" (backwards, beacause it's a metal gig)!!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: