Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The films you've walked out of thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The films you've walked out of thread  (Read 8894 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 12:55:27 AM »

Coming to America - my Dad was/( is still but not as over-zealous) a big born again Christian and the "penis cleaning" scene offended him.? As a 13 year old I thought it was funny as hell!

That's funny! ?Your dad made you leave! ?Sorry.... ?parents!! ?

I never walked out on a movie, but I fell asleep during Good Burger, and would have walked out except my pre-teen son thought it was great! ?I hated it! ?It was just....so stupid!

judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 01:01:28 AM »

when i was like 5 years old the movie "The Land Before Time" made me sad and i started crying in the theatre-- so i left with my mom.

i've never walked out on a movie,  but felt like it with these ones (off the top of my head.. more will come later)

The Aristrocrats - LAME,  all the critics talked about how good it was,  they would'nt let anyone finish the joke from start to finish-  to edit crazy
GrindHouse - DeathProof is so damn boring when kurt russel is'nt killing someone,
Date Movie - nuff said
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 01:31:23 AM »

Never walked out of one and never will. My policy is - you're paying for it anyway, might as well see the whole damn thing. I was really tempted during 'The Hulk' and 'HellBoy' though. Two utter pieces of crap.

Fuck 'Em All.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:58:46 AM »

Never walked out of one and never will. My policy is - you're paying for it anyway, might as well see the whole damn thing. I was really tempted during 'The Hulk' and 'HellBoy' though. Two utter pieces of crap.

Yep, I have to see a film to the end no matter how bad it is. Who knows, it could improve......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 09:51:36 AM »

Jacob's Ladder, about 30-45 minutes in.   I ended up watching it again on DVD about 10 years later and regretted walking out, it's a good fucking movie.   I also learned after the fact that the director used some shooting techniques designed to subliminally create a sense of fear and panic in the viewer.  That might be why I walked out.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »

i walked out of the newest punisher movie. god that flick was horrible.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »

When I was like 9 or 10 years old ... "I was a teenage werewolf" with Michael Landon? ?hihi

It was part of a triple horror feature and if you were able to sit through all three flicks then you won a prize.? I don't recall what the prize was or what the other two flicks were but the first two were so not scary that I convinced myself in my own mind that the third was gonna be the most scariest movie ever made in the history of scary movies ..... so right after the opening credits I booked!!!? rofl

I don't know if it's based on the length of the movie but I think there's some kinda law nowadays that if you walk out within the first 45 minutes, you can get your money back.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »

Attack of the Killer tomatoes.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

I wish I could say the American Godzill about sadly I watched it to the end. Cry

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »

Tomb Rider (MY GOD!! )
Scary Movie 1
Desperado

How'd you walk out on Desperado!?!?!? That's one of my favorites...

Coming to America - my Dad was/( is still but not as over-zealous) a big born again Christian and the "penis cleaning" scene offended him. As a 13 year old I thought it was funny as hell!

Sucks man, movie is so awesome...

Hey! I like the Hulk a lot... and Hellboy is okay...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 01:45:44 PM »

i dont walk out movies in theater, but often hit ALT+F4 in rage when i'm watching crappy popular movies i download off the internet. (that's my p?ch? mignon)

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 01:12:12 PM »

How anyone managed to sit through Hellboy is testament to human endurance - possibly the most boring film ever made...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »

Hellboy's an enjoyable fantasy/b-movie, anyone who didn't know what to expect from a Guillermo del Toro movie by the time that one came out deserved whatever disappointment their 'Splosion-addled expectations dictated.

I've never yet walked out of a movie (though I took a long cigarette break about 45 minutes into TROY.) But I don't go running out to the cinema every weekend. I'll usually only pay the ridiculous prices and endure the ignorant patrons if I know that the movie, by virtue of its pedigree, will be something I'll enjoy or find interesting.   
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »

I also learned after the fact that the director used some shooting techniques designed to subliminally create a sense of fear and panic in the viewer.  That might be why I walked out.

Boo!

Hard Candy was one of the worst movies ever. I should have walked, but did not.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »

My mother and I walked out of Gus van Sant's shot-for-shot remake of Psycho.  Half the theater got up and left, as there were only 4 of us in there.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 09:24:38 PM »

Walked out on Walt Disney's Fantasia... ? ?a lot of dark/ heavy imagery for something marketed toward children  (ahd my then young children with me)

and didn't walk out but fell asleep during "Gone in Sixty Seconds" ... ? and I love Jolie and Cage... ?I think you really gotta be into cars to stay interested in this movie
SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

LOL, I feel asleep and was snoring during "Bad Boys" with Martin Lawrence. I woke up when the lights came on, and everybody was looking at me..... hihi
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »

I fell asleep during Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls when I was younger.  I woke up and the credits were rolling away.  I literally fell asleep five minutes into the movie.  Years later I would see this again...and the hour of sleep I got that night was far greater than sitting through that movie awake.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
makane
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »

None.
Though I've slept through several pieces of crap. what a waste...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »

Hey,  WTF.... I paid  my money,  I am staying all the way through, shit  or not.
I can't remember  the last  movie  I walked  out on, but then again, I don't even remember the last  film I saw in a  theater, so what  do I know? (Rhetorical  question, no need to reply, just in case).
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: