Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spay why doesn't anyone really like this song
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spay why doesn't anyone really like this song  (Read 6672 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »

someone said duff shoudl sing it.. hell he should'a sang on every fucking VR song
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »

its okay but i think the chorus is kinda awkward and unimaginative. it would've been awesome with a more creative chorus. just my opinion.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:37 PM »

i love how everyone is like 'oh it sucked at first but its grown on me'

i'l say it again, if a song needs to "grow" on you then you are FORCING yourself to like it.   You can do that with any song.   A good song shouldn't need to be listened to 100 times to make it likeable.

GeraldFord
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 10:15:26 PM »

I love it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 10:18:42 PM »

i'l say it again, if a song needs to "grow" on you then you are FORCING yourself to like it.   You can do that with any song.   A good song shouldn't need to be listened to 100 times to make it likeable.

This sometimes happens to me with an album that's either complex or really moody, or it's something that I wasn't really sure what to expect.  Sometimes a complex/unorthodox album or one that is different than what I expected might take a solid number of listens before I can appreciate it or really get into it.  But I think a lot of people want to like something so bad they force themselves into it

In the case of Libertad, it's not like this is some complex, nuanced album.  This isn't Pink Floyd here.  These songs are very simple and you can get the gist of all the musical layers/lyrical/thematic content in a couple listens.  But I'm sure some people want to like it so bad that even though they didn't at first, they've convinced themselves that it's good.  This is not the type of album you should have to listen to 20 times in order to appreciate it, in my opinion

As for Spay, it's noisy and "aggressive" and in that way it stands out from most of this album.  I think the chorus is really grating and awful.  The music is just "decent" and I never heard anything in this song, musically, lyrically, vocally that made me want to go back and listen to it again
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 10:29:22 PM »

The song's alright.  Not one of my favorites from the album, but I don't skip over it.  I expected more from the short clip of the track I heard before the album came out, but it's still okay.  I would put it in the bottom half as far as the tracks on the album go though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »

So your not allowed to change your mind/ opinion?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 12:00:30 AM »

i'l say it again, if a song needs to "grow" on you then you are FORCING yourself to like it.? ?You can do that with any song.? ?A good song shouldn't need to be listened to 100 times to make it likeable.

So your not allowed to change your mind/ opinion?
I'll agree with both of you on this, if that makes sense.  On the one hand, for me at least, it sometimes takes awhile for songs to grow on me.  Certainly not 100 listens though, I'd say once you get into the double digits if it doesn't click by then, then it probably never will.  And for the poster that said that these songs were pretty simple and should hit or miss pretty much instantly is right on.  These songs aren't too complex, part of the reason I didn't like them the first couple listens.  The more I hear them though the more comfortable I get with their simplicity.  I really don't think there's a BAD song on the album, then again I also don't see many that will stand the test of time either.  Regardless, I like all the tracks and enjoy the album wholeheartedly, and that's all that really matters to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 12:43:17 AM »

I think it's a great son, but could have been better. But it's great anyway  ok

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 01:32:40 AM »

I'm another guy that likes it!  It's not my favorite on the album but it's still awesome
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:46 AM »

I dig the track, but the vocals, especially during the course don't really grab me like, say, "Get Out The Door".  Truth be told, I find them a bit grating during the chorus, much like I do with "She Mine".

The track is cool, definitely one of the more aggressive tracks on the record.

Ali
leoroses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 03:14:48 AM »

I love this song because it is just all about the straight aggression the chorus isn't the greatest but this song is about sending a message and you can't beat slash's playing on this song I love the tone.  Although not the greatest song on the album prob my 6 or 7th favorite
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 04:45:24 AM »

5-10 times is okay. Not 100 times.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 11:53:26 PM »

i think the song blows.

How utterly unpredictable.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 04:11:03 AM »

I like scotts kurt voice...its spooky how he can sound like alot of diff singers....I think its a good song..sounds very much like Nirvanas dirty grunge sound to me.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: