Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Any Reason, For Not Releasing Use Your Illusion Documentary?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any Reason, For Not Releasing Use Your Illusion Documentary?  (Read 8141 times)
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« on: July 07, 2007, 08:18:18 AM »

Does anybody know why it did'nt get released?

Bow!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:19:45 AM »

maybe it was never finished
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:32 AM »

that's something i'd really love to see.  don't hold your breath though!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:14:23 AM »

You mean 'Perfect Crime'? I'm not sure they wanted to release a film of the band falling apart. Would be aweosme to see some more footage though, I was waiting for that film for a while.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 11:11:14 AM »

I think they filmed/recorded every concert-I remember Slash I think saying there are always cameras around because they were filming everything-would be interesting

libertad
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 11:19:12 AM »

Yeah there must be a ton of concert footage somewhere...just look at Dead Horse and Live and Let Die.  I want to see more footage from the Axl cam they had in the Dead Horse video!!!! hihi

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »

of course there's footage enough.. but that doesn't mean there's an documentary ready.. people would have to go through hundreds of hours of recorded stuff, then editing and all shit you guys appearantly don't think of ok
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »

I don't remember who said it, might have been Dave Grohl, but at the infamous 1992 MTV awards Axl showed up with his bodyguard (along with Duff who wanted to fight Krist-the bassist from Nirvana)-and had a camera crew with him-wouldn't you love to see that footage?

libertad
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »

i wud pay to see all that footage
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »

I thought for sure I read somewhere that the warehouse holding this footage and a lot of other video and audio stuff from the old days burned down during the wildfires back in 95. I think that's why it was so hard to find recordings for the Live Era albums. Am I remembering this right, or did I just dream this stuff?  Huh
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »

I thought for sure I read somewhere that the warehouse holding this footage and a lot of other video and audio stuff from the old days burned down during the wildfires back in 95. I think that's why it was so hard to find recordings for the Live Era albums. Am I remembering this right, or did I just dream this stuff?? Huh

I think you're just dreamin man  hihi
isa
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 06:29:11 PM »

I don't remember who said it, might have been Dave Grohl, but at the infamous 1992 MTV awards Axl showed up with his bodyguard (along with Duff who wanted to fight Krist-the bassist from Nirvana)-and had a camera crew with him-wouldn't you love to see that footage?

so that's true, Duff actually wanted to fight with Nirvana's bass player, I thought it's was tale, 'cause I read that on Rock mag. a while ago
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 10:32:02 AM »

so that's true, Duff actually wanted to fight with Nirvana's bass player, I thought it's was tale, 'cause I read that on Rock mag. a while ago

it's true, but I don't remember Duff being mentioned in this particular story before. the way I remember it was Grohl saying that Axl showed up with a bunch of bodyguards.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
suicide
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »

I thought for sure I read somewhere that the warehouse holding this footage and a lot of other video and audio stuff from the old days burned down during the wildfires back in 95. I think that's why it was so hard to find recordings for the Live Era albums. Am I remembering this right, or did I just dream this stuff?? Huh
It wasn't hard to find recordings fot the Live Era albums. Quite the contrary, it was hard to make a selection.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

That whole Nirvana vs Guns is funny stuff...I read that "Cuntney" Love was screaming after Axl asking him to be the Godfather of their child. I also read that Axl had the opinion that she was trying to put a "spell" on him and went over with a shitload of Security+cameras and shit and said to Kurt "Tell your Bitch to shut up or I'll have someone shut her up" Kurt turns to her and says "Shut up Bitch" and Axl Stomped off. Afterwards Duff wanted to clock Kris and shit.

Whatever their was a cool interview in the Nirvana thread "Bad Sobsession" I read a while back that is quite biased (as are all Nirvana clippings) but fun nonetheless.

By the way I hate Fuckin' Nirvana so don't get on my case I would've paid good money to have seen Axl smack Kurt upside the head.

Cheers 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »

It wasn't hard to find recordings fot the Live Era albums. Quite the contrary, it was hard to make a selection.

I agree that they must have had a shit load of stuff but then why "Re-release the songs from Tokyo and the Freddie Tribute" I never understood that...

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 12:20:43 PM »

No, the problem with the Live Era album was because there didn't have many DAT recordings, like they had with the Tokyo '92 gig because of the vhs release. DAT are multi-tracks recordings, much needed if you want to mix it properly for a further release.

chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »

No, the problem with the Live Era album was because there didn't have many DAT recordings, like they had with the Tokyo '92 gig because of the vhs release. DAT are multi-tracks recordings, much needed if you want to mix it properly for a further release.

? ?Excellent info Voodoo but I had read that Del went through hours and hours of DAT material for the record...(Rolling Stone) take it for what it is worth.?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 12:26:49 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »

? ?I agree that they must have had a shit load of stuff but then why "Re-release the songs from Tokyo and the Freddie Tribute" I never understood that...

exactly. live era is great, but it was a buzz kill to get live tracks we already had from the freddy show and japan, and paris...i was hoping some odd ball live material like locomotive and a great live version of civil war......

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »

Does anybody know why it did'nt get released?

There wasn't a happy ending.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: