Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:58:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Content Regarding the Unheard Material...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Content Regarding the Unheard Material...  (Read 7894 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: July 05, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »

Since there isnt a whole lot to talk about at the moment I figured Id make a thread about the rumored titles that might pop up on CD.

Just wondering what your thoughts and visions are for these unknown songs. Prostitute, Seven, Thyme, The General, etc

When I hear about Sorry I envison a lyrical gem about how Axl maybe is or isnt apologizing about the wasted yrs. A song with this kind of content. Im anxious to hear this song because of Bachs musical description of it. Im really looking foward to this song

As for the others I really havnt given much thought on where Axl and the band will take those songs based on the title alone.

Im sure some of you though have thoughts, ideas and expectations on all of these legendary and much anticpated songs. Id like to hear about it...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »

My thuoghts about sorry is that i hope it's a long (6-7 minute) song, veery heavy.. hmm yeah then yeah i'd love if it were like you said.. axl singing about not being sorry, that would be so hard headbanger

all these thoughts are probably very wrong  hihi
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »

I think "if the world" is about......ummmmmmmmm.......  Hell I have no idea!    rofl

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »

dont ask me why, but...

* I imagine ''prostitute'' being very hard, with lots of shredding and a powerful Axl voice.
* I think ''Sorry'' can be a very dark and heavy song, like a second part of ''Coma''
* I imagine ''The General'' being long, epic, with different rhythm sections, and with a very extended instrumental part, like TWAT
* ''Thyme''... mmmmh.... well, I have no idea.

all I know is I want Rhiad in the album  drool

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:34:50 PM »

dont ask me why, but...

* I imagine ''prostitute'' being very hard, with lots of shredding and a powerful Axl voice.
* I think ''Sorry'' can be a very dark and heavy song, like a second part of ''Coma''
* I imagine ''The General'' being long, epic, with different rhythm sections, and with a very extended instrumental part, like TWAT

all I know is I want Rhiad in the album? drool

i agree fully i can't wait to hear the album version of Rhiad and the bedouins. The very "RUMORED" clip on Youtube that has the first 36 secs of Prostitute i hope is true cause that was/is a very badass entry almost sounds like DOOM METAL ( headbanger) like bach said Sorry would be.

is it just me or does this thread have the sence of it NOT being here in a minute or so headscratch

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »

The General sounds so freaking epic.  Didn't Marco Beletramie or something work on this track?  I have big hopes for The General. drool
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »

dont ask me why, but...

i agree fully i can't wait to hear the album version of Rhiad and the bedouins. The very "RUMORED" clip on Youtube that has the first 36 secs of Prostitute i hope is true cause that was/is a very badass entry almost sounds like DOOM METAL ( headbanger) like bach said Sorry would be.

is it just me or does this thread have the sence of it NOT being here in a minute or so headscratch
the rumored prostitute was fake.. is a metal song
and DOOM METAL IS NOT HEAVY OR FAST AT ALL.. IT IS SLOW AND MODDY, VERY DEPRESSING

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »

I have been looking forward to Sorry, the General, and Prostitute above all the unheard tracks.

Prostitute has been described as 'fire and ice'; the title evokes images of AFD era GnR but I would guess in a more modern sounding venue. If this song is as good as some fans hope, it should be rolled out as the first single.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »

dont ask me why, but...

and DOOM METAL IS NOT HEAVY OR FAST AT ALL.. IT IS SLOW AND MODDY, VERY DEPRESSING

well ssoorrrrryy for getting my sub genras (sp?) messed up Roll Eyes

and if that "fake" was a "fake" then who sings that or who is the artists? cause i thought that entro was bad ass

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »

Yeh, you should just wait till the album comes out - then at least you'd know what you are talking about........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »

Yeh, you should just wait till the album comes out - then at least you'd know what you are talking about........

i was talking about that thing that was on Youtube Roll Eyes

i now know that it is fake for sure but who are the artists?
if you know tell me

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:37 AM »

dont ask me why, but...

well ssoorrrrryy for getting my sub genras (sp?) messed up Roll Eyes

and if that "fake" was a "fake" then who sings that or who is the artists? cause i thought that entro was bad ass

peace
np i know most people think that death/black/doom are the same thing...
i remember i figured out who was...
i will send you

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »

well ssoorrrrryy for getting my sub genras (sp?) messed up
genres Wink

np i know most people think that death/black/doom are the same thing...

I can see how ignorant people might confuse Death and Black - but neither of them sound the least but like Doom.  That's like confusing Screamo with Folk Metal...

And for what its worth (not a lot) - I think The General is a tribute to Buster Keaton [/joke]

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »

I think that Idees of March will be and epic acoustic song.

Fincklosophy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 08:33:39 AM »

doom metal can be heavy.. heavy don't mean fast
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »

I think Marco Beltrami said the orchestration he used on Prostitute gave it this fire and ice feel, he or someone else also described it as being like November Rain meets Nightrain.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Judas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

i'm hoping for a savage acapella song.   rofl

what this means to me is more than i know you believe...

http://www.gnr.co.uk
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 09:47:01 AM »

Maybe 'Sorry' will be a sarcastic apology from Axl sang over the doom-metal-esque music, in which he says he doesn't care who he pissed off with the wait for CD.

Then again, maybe not.

We shall have to wait and see...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

I think Marco Beltrami said the orchestration he used on Prostitute gave it this fire and ice feel, he or someone else also described it as being like November Rain meets Nightrain.

Paul Buckmaster said that

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »

I have nothing but the highest hopes for all titles mentioned ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: