Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  If CD was out...would you still complain about the setlist?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD was out...would you still complain about the setlist?  (Read 5604 times)
elmir
VIP

« on: July 05, 2007, 07:46:11 AM »

over the past two years, saw many large acts live in concert, and looking at their setlists, i personally saw no difference between the way they structured theirs, and the way GNR structure theirs....lots of old hits, a few new songs to introduce that material, pretty much standard going...

however.
main difference between gnr and the others is that the next day you can walk into a shop and buy something you already don't have, like a new release.

so, my question to you (especially setlist whiners) is.....if you could go and buy CD in stores tomorrow, would you still bitch and moan and complain about the setlist they're using now?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:05:24 AM »

Most probably would regardless..
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:05:39 AM »

I'd probably want even more new songs in the set. Grin

As much as I think they kick ass on the old songs, I believe in this band's new material more. Bring it on already! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »

No... would be discussing CD instead...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:18:39 AM »

of course, needless to say, if the CD was out, a single would be out for it, perhaps a music video or two for probably some songs we haven't heard.....if only those were included in the setlist (as an additional item), would it make a difference...i.e....keeping it as is, just including the new single in?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:19:39 AM »

naah, i if i were to complain it would be about the ones still complaining
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »

over the past two years, saw many large acts live in concert, and looking at their setlists, i personally saw no difference between the way they structured theirs, and the way GNR structure theirs....lots of old hits, a few new songs to introduce that material, pretty much standard going...

however.
main difference between gnr and the others is that the next day you can walk into a shop and buy something you already don't have, like a new release.

so, my question to you (especially setlist whiners) is.....if you could go and buy CD in stores tomorrow, would you still bitch and moan and complain about the setlist they're using now?
there are 305 of fuckers who only talkin shit

For me setlist is amazing and gnr shows are great

I have never seen so many tree
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »

the only thing about the setlist that annoys me is all the time they waste with the solos.  they could play at least 4 or 5 more songs each night if they would get rid of that bullshit.  the shows lose momentum when there are too many solos.......and if the cd were out and they were still only playing 3 to 4 new songs, that would be pathetic.  this band needs to play their own music, not appetite.  6 to 8 old songs (no ballads) and all the rest new songs would be sweet!
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »

Yes, I mean, I don't have any complain about the setlists at the moment, but in the future they could change lots of song for new ones
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:53:48 PM by Tatu » Logged

You really know who's Maradona!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 05:52:07 PM »

If CHINESE DEMOCRACY was out then i wouldn't be here i'd be ruinning my ears.

with that said your always gonna have people who complain about every little thing. For instance, if Madagascar is on there and it has the raspy vocals people will complain, and i'll one of them. Some are gonna say that CITR should have been on there in stead of The blues or this or that ect ect ect

at this point i don't care what the setliist is i just want it to be out or a release date.

Edit* thought we were talking about the actual CD Tongue my bad

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
waxlrick
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »

Of couse I would. I would expect to hear more new material. Stupid topic. Dame Axl ass lickers!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »

Of couse I would. I would expect to hear more new material. Stupid topic. Dame Axl ass lickers!!

when the album is out we will get more new songs
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »

however.

I don't really get your point. Surely most people going to all these other bands concerts would already have the new release instead of buying it the day after the gig?

Right now i don't complain but id be fairly pissed off if it stayed the same after release. I'd imagine the whiners would, logically enough, whine even more.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »

it has nothing to do with kissing anyone's ass...it was merely out of curiosity....i'm the first one to criticise the current setlist, and wanted to know if the album's release would make a difference to anyone with regards to concerts....

I don't really get your point. Surely most people going to all these other bands concerts would already have the new release instead of buying it the day after the gig?

well, i went to see Robbie Williams last year, at a 75.000 stadium sold out show, and his setlist was about 90% of his greatest hits, with about 4-6 new songs....he was promoting his new album at the time....

that was the point....perhaps they would change the setlist for the US market, as they are more educated with regards to the band, but when it comes to South America and Africa, and other countries which either haven't seen them ever, or haven't seen them in over 15 years....changing the setlist from what it is now could be viewed as a commercial downfall in a way for those regions....

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 07:15:21 PM »

Compare any other band that has a career as long as Guns N' Roses and you'd see most of these bands setlists rely heavily on their classic hits.  album or not.   GnR is no different.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »

Compare any other band that has a career as long as Guns N' Roses and you'd see most of these bands setlists rely heavily on their classic hits.? album or not.? ?GnR is no different.

That simply is not true. Very few classic artists depend heavily upon hits from their first album. Why? Because they have  produced numerous  other albums to draw from. Thus, the list of "classic hits" constantlly is changing and expanding.

Neil Young
Tom Petty
Stones
Mellancamp
Aerosmith

Just to name a few.

Very few classic bands--" with a career as long as Guns N' Roses"-- live  off  their first album. GNR is a special case.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »

I don't complain about the setlist now, but I would like to hear TWAT as a regular.

waxlrick
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 07:34:29 AM »

it has nothing to do with kissing anyone's ass...it was merely out of curiosity....i'm the first one to criticise the current setlist, and wanted to know if the album's release would make a difference to anyone with regards to concerts....

well, i went to see Robbie Williams last year, at a 75.000 stadium sold out show, and his setlist was about 90% of his greatest hits, with about 4-6 new songs....he was promoting his new album at the time....

that was the point....perhaps they would change the setlist for the US market, as they are more educated with regards to the band, but when it comes to South America and Africa, and other countries which either haven't seen them ever, or haven't seen them in over 15 years....changing the setlist from what it is now could be viewed as a commercial downfall in a way for those regions....

Thats because Robbies new material is absolute shit. I stopped being a RW fan when he release his last 2 albums. He is basically just trying to honour his record contract as quickly as possible and releases anything that comes into his head.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »

If ( If , If , If ) CD is out and GNR is still playing material from AFD and UYI , it will show that people want to hear the OLD gnr not the new and axl will get docked on for that , and for one I'd agree. When CD comes out I'd like to see maybe 2-4 old songs , with the entire CD. Then of course new songs they are working on as well.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

If ( If , If , If ) CD is out and GNR is still playing material from AFD and UYI , it will show that people want to hear the OLD gnr not the new and axl will get docked on for that , and for one I'd agree. When CD comes out I'd like to see maybe 2-4 old songs , with the entire CD. Then of course new songs they are working on as well.

it says nothing about which lineup people want.   of course people want to hear the classics.  Its Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs.  They will always play the classics.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: