Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  messages fan made video..
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: messages fan made video..  (Read 5400 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 05:19:53 PM »

Here's another fan made video without the 9/11 footage.  Just pictures of the band and such.  Doesn't quite grab you like the other ones, but it's different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yifd1Jgv9zM&mode=related&search=

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »

Yeah there must/better be a reason behind them not releasing this on the album. ?As far as being smart about marketing?? I could have told (and I'm sure many others) them SBQM would fall fat on its face as a single. ?Not that catchy/good of a song. ?But we'll see what they do with "Messages."
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 06:22:42 PM »

VR bills itself as a dangerous rock band, i.e. one willing to take risks. They should not listen to dorky marketing guys with knocking knee caps.

it is a great song and does honor to the victims. It needs to be on the album.

btw, the video is ok, but there is no need to show the plane striking the building. The same impact can be gained without such a literal, visual symbol.

Maybe they discussed it with victims' relatives groups who felt uncomfortable with VR making money out of it. Might not have been the record companys decision alone. There must be a good reason why its not on the album and was only offered as a free bonus track, lets see if we hear one.

It makes no sense from a marketing point of view for it not to be on the album, unless they've decided to re-release Libertad later with Messages (which at this point might be getting some radio airplay) on it, so people would have to buy it twice. If they do, the record company are assholes.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 04:49:46 AM »

Why in the hell is this not on the album.? Is it a money sceme, to release it later on libertad?

I doubt that is why.. I'd feel the same way if a song like Let it roll wasn't on the album...  We all have different tastes, but that doesn't mean they would scheme.. If that was the case then they'd release this as the first single have it on libertad and sell more albums and get everyone to love it being it's tied to 9-11
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: