Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  messages fan made video..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: messages fan made video..  (Read 5418 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: July 04, 2007, 05:41:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjV1Ah6rNM

My first time hearing the song, being it's not on the album I figure others haven't.. Damn good song.. Sad video though..
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »

That song is just unbelievable
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »

That song is just unbelievable

the guitar in his hands sounds like a birth right... Scott weiland sounds great, his voice is great imo..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:52:51 PM »

Sad as hell.  Brilliant song.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:43:25 AM »

Sad as hell.? Brilliant song.

those are my feelings..
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »

omfg this song is fucking brilliant! first time I?m hearing it. This had to be on the album... it tops every slow song on it, even Last Fight wich I love.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »

I agree, it's a fantastic song.  A shame it's not on the album.  The first time I heard the song I didn't think it was anything THAT special.  After reading everyone's glowing commentary on the song I guess my expectations were through the roof.  But now I can't stop listening to it.  Great tune.  Slash is showcased perfectly, like he should be.  And Scott is great on it too.

How much is known about this song?  I really haven't read that much about it.  Why it didn't make the album?  And is it known that it's about 9/11?  Or is that just someone's interpretation?

Regardless, it's currently my favorite song.  Last week "Last Fight" held that spot, keep'em coming.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gnrvr.
Opening Act

14 august-chinese democracy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »

Thats a cool video
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »

I agree, it's a fantastic song.  A shame it's not on the album.  The first time I heard the song I didn't think it was anything THAT special.  After reading everyone's glowing commentary on the song I guess my expectations were through the roof.  But now I can't stop listening to it.  Great tune.  Slash is showcased perfectly, like he should be.  And Scott is great on it too.

How much is known about this song?  I really haven't read that much about it.  Why it didn't make the album?  And is it known that it's about 9/11?  Or is that just someone's interpretation?

Regardless, it's currently my favorite song.  Last week "Last Fight" held that spot, keep'em coming.
"Messages"+[/b]

Spay is a vitriolic punk number that attacks the Paris Hiltons of the world and Messages is a lush ballad sung from the perspective of a passenger on one of the hijacked 9/11 planes. - Q Magazine

"Among the standout tracks on the Brendan O'Brien-produced disc is "Messages," about 9/11 victims leaving phone messages for their loved ones." "It's not your typical love ballad," says McKagan. "It's more cerebral." - Rolling Stone

Hope that helps! ok

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 03:40:45 AM »

Everytime I listen to this song and watch this video I get chills.. Such a huge tragedy and beautiful song.. Just the way scott sings and slash plays that little solo in between each time.. It's one of those songs I can't stop listening too and watching the footage..
bart123
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »

slashs guitar playing and weilands focals on this song messages are exccelent.cannot believe it didnt make the album.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 11:59:16 PM »

Love the song..like the video and i get the meaning but i hate when u hear a song and it shows a band playing a diff song.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 02:33:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMliKKmMXfQ

one I made the other night. first time making a video so be nice Wink
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

Nice work Cotis!!
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 02:48:27 AM »

Why in the hell is this not on the album.  Is it a money sceme, to release it later on libertad?
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 04:56:38 AM »

I can't believe this isn't on the album.  This song is awesome, way better than the rest of Libertad.  What the hell were they thinking???
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »

I'm guessing it's not on the album for a good reason, and its not to do with quality. We all know its a great song but it is also without doubt one of the most chilling songs I've ever heard. Easy listening it is definately not, the lyrics are hard to listen to. And I am not American. I'd imagine it would be harder for anyone close to the tragedy. While its a fitting tribute to those who died, its understandable they would put a lot of thought before putting this on the album or releasing it as a single. There is a good chance VR didn't want to be seen to be making money out of this, its more a charity-type song or something, so putting it as a free bonus track was better.

I know it seems strange, lots of songs have been put on albums about tragedies, but I think the nature of this song, coming from the first person view of the passengers of a tragedy that is still close to the hearts of so many people, makes it slightly more inappropriate when placed on an album alongside songs like Just Sixteen, She Builds Quick Machines, Get Out The Door, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but presumably the record company and the band would have talked about it and maybe they decided it was inappropriate to be on this album and to make money out of it.

Shame, coz its a great song. Alternatively, perhaps they should have held it back and released it as a standalone single later on.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »

I'm guessing it's not on the album for a good reason, and its not to do with quality. We all know its a great song but it is also without doubt one of the most chilling songs I've ever heard. Easy listening it is definately not, the lyrics are hard to listen to. And I am not American. I'd imagine it would be harder for anyone close to the tragedy. While its a fitting tribute to those who died, its understandable they would put a lot of thought before putting this on the album or releasing it as a single. There is a good chance VR didn't want to be seen to be making money out of this, its more a charity-type song or something, so putting it as a free bonus track was better.

I know it seems strange, lots of songs have been put on albums about tragedies, but I think the nature of this song, coming from the first person view of the passengers of a tragedy that is still close to the hearts of so many people, makes it slightly more inappropriate when placed on an album alongside songs like Just Sixteen, She Builds Quick Machines, Get Out The Door, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but presumably the record company and the band would have talked about it and maybe they decided it was inappropriate to be on this album and to make money out of it.

Shame, coz its a great song. Alternatively, perhaps they should have held it back and released it as a standalone single later on.
Great points all around.  I even had a tough time watching the fan made video(s) at first.  I've gotten used to it now, but it is a HIGHLY emotional song.  And those images do nothing but enhance that.  Of course the song alone without the images would be a little easier for people to handle, but no doubt it would've demanded a video if it was released as a single.  We'll see, it could still happen.  If they're smart, they'll do something with the song because it's fantastic.  And this band has shown itself to have pretty good management so far, so let's just sit tight.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »

damn this is such a great song!! I'm really really liking this hit!!  Wink
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

VR bills itself as a dangerous rock band, i.e. one willing to take risks. They should not listen to dorky marketing guys with knocking knee caps.

it is a great song and does honor to the victims. It needs to be on the album.

btw, the video is ok, but there is no need to show the plane striking the building. The same impact can be gained without such a literal, visual symbol.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: