Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  So how many copies do you think libertad will sell first week
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So how many copies do you think libertad will sell first week  (Read 13433 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 03:42:09 PM »

Projections based on first day sales

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. will have the best-selling album in the country next week. Better known as Atlanta rapper T.I., the Grammy-winning hip-hop star?s new release, T.I. vs. T.I.P., on his own Grand Hustle label through Atlantic, looks headed over the 500k mark, heating up the summer sales season and easily making him next week?s #1 album.

Destiny?s Child member Kelly Rowland is up next with her sophomore album for Columbia, Ms. Kelly, the follow-up to her 2002 effort, Simply Deep, on target for sales over 100k, according to reports from retailers still recovering from Fourth of July fireworks.

RCA?s new Velvet Revolver album, Libertad, the successor to the 2004 double-platinum debut, Contraband, sees the rock supergroup at, or just shy of, the 100k mark. (7/5p)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »

These guys are usually spot on... so it looks like a #3 debut.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »

eh, its better than i expected to be honest
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »

I just bought the cd and ran through it kind of quickly but I think it is way worse than Contraband.  All the songs same the same.  Not that good.  The best song is the hidden one. I'm dissapointed.  I was pretty pumped for their new cd.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2007, 04:30:59 PM »

who's the last artist who sold a million copies in a week? and when was that?
GeraldFord
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »

Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. will have the best-selling album in the country next week. Better known as Atlanta rapper T.I., the Grammy-winning hip-hop star?s new release, T.I. vs. T.I.P., on his own Grand Hustle label through Atlantic, looks headed over the 500k mark, heating up the summer sales season and easily making him next week?s #1 album.

Destiny?s Child member Kelly Rowland is up next with her sophomore album for Columbia, Ms. Kelly, the follow-up to her 2002 effort, Simply Deep, on target for sales over 100k, according to reports from retailers still recovering from Fourth of July fireworks.

RCA?s new Velvet Revolver album, Libertad, the successor to the 2004 double-platinum debut, Contraband, sees the rock supergroup at, or just shy of, the 100k mark. (7/5p)

Wow, they can get that based on sales after just two days? Amazing. Sad, look at the shit that's beating it...total shit.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »

The irony is that the record company probably pushed back the release until July to make it #1.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2007, 05:16:56 PM »

that is why they pushed it back? did they not know about T.I.'s album? rock can't compete with rap in this day and age for record sales
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2007, 05:23:33 PM »

that is why they pushed it back? did they not know about T.I.'s album? rock can't compete with rap in this day and age for record sales

Perhaps, like myself, they don't know who the fuck "T.I." is.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2007, 05:23:45 PM »

Wow, they can get that based on sales after just two days? Amazing. Sad, look at the shit that's beating it...total shit.

The world we live in, unfortunately. ?I wonder if a stronger first single would've helped any.

Ali
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »

yeah a shame because T.I. and VR has the same fans and fan base and of course most fans will rather buy T.I.'s album Cry
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2007, 05:39:03 PM »

The irony is that the record company probably pushed back the release until July to make it #1.

/jarmo

I'm just suprised the band members haven't revealed in an interview that they wanted to release it earlier to be bad ass, but the record company convinced them with their market research to push the release date back.

Side Note:? Unless RCA is retarded, they are well aware that T.I. will outsell Velvet Revolver.
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2007, 05:51:45 PM »

Fincklosophy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 05:52:24 PM »

/jarmo

I'm just suprised the band members haven't revealed in an interview that they wanted to release it earlier to be bad ass, but the record company convinced them with their market research to push the release date back.

Of course you are.

That's the beauty of it all. A band who tries to pass themselves of as the last real bad ass dangerous unpredictable rock n' roll band, while the record company picks the single and postpones the release of their album.

Motherfucker yeah!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »

Album sales tend to follow pretty similar trends. It might fall short or go way over, but probably not.

Quote from: jarmo
Of course you are.

That's the beauty of it all. A band who tries to pass themselves of as the last real bad ass dangerous unpredictable rock n' roll band, while the record company picks the single and postpones the release of their album.

Motherfucker yeah!

/jarmo
Do you seriously troll your own message board? I didn't even know that was possible.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »

Troll?

Why don't you just argue against what I said.

Just like Eazy E.  love

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:07:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »

lol, you just gotta sorta ignore him sandinista
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

[quote author=jarmo link=topic=47322.msg964999#msg964999 date=1183673057
Troll?

Just like Eazy E.  love

/jarmo
I can't, I'm speechless.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »

Troll?

Just like Eazy E.  love

/jarmo

It's impossible to argue with you because you are so hung up on retarded "talking points" about how the band was marketed when they first came out. I really can't believe you still whine about this. It's called marketing. When these guys were in Guns N' Roses they were marketed the same way. They were still slaves to a major label, all over MTV and radio and everywhere else whoring themselves out while trying to present a bad ass image.

It's part of corporate rock. Please stop acting like VR is the only band in the history of the world who has been marketed this way. You really need to get out more if something this small bothers you so much.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: