Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  My velvet revolver music video is going to kick mtv's ass (Dean karr blog)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My velvet revolver music video is going to kick mtv's ass (Dean karr blog)  (Read 12939 times)
eirian
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »

Slash is perfectly within his right to comment on anything that he was personally involved with...he was involved with the 'Trilogy' and is therefore entitled to make any comment he likes on them.  Whether you like it or not is moot...they are Guns videos and he was a Gunner.

it's like me not being allowed to make any comments on past acting jobs i've done, because someone else is now playing the part; i'm perfectly entitled to make any comment i like...you don't have to like it but tough.

BTW...just a little side question...what will all the Slash haters do if there is a reunion? Will they suddenly be converted and 'remember just how good he was'?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »

who's not a liar in the music world? yeah that's a tuff one..

the stuff slash said was maybe only to the producer and not for fans to read.. so the dude blogging about it maybe should've kept his mouth shut about that..

yeah, the impression i get from reading slash and scotts comments is that it is what they sent in an email or something to the director for him to read concerning any alterations to the video they would like to see.

but the director has released this info and has now caused a stir with what slash is saying. its not slash been a media whore, its the director been a little foolish if you ask me.

Oh yeah because Slash would never say anything of this stuff on his own right? The more likely explanation is that the director asked scott and slash to a little something to help advertise the director and thats what they chose to say.

you don't get it do you?.. what slash sent to dean karr was probably a personal "thank you" not meant for the public eye but the stupid director blogged about it to gain fame, tell people how great he was or something.. i dunno, but i do know that you always try to diss one of the guys who made you a fan of GNR, that's lame, don't say otherwise 'cuz i'm sure you didn't hear the new material the first thing when you became a fan you surely must have heard AFD and UYI first right? right..

why the fucking hate? for real, all people.. what slash said about a reunion weeks (months ago) was very stupid in that interview..

GNR is and will always be my favourite band.. whatever member is in the band.. i love them more then anything (except family and friends and such you know..)

Vr to me is a pretty good band (maybe in my top 20-25) and i follow them mostly because of duff and slash.. i don't get why some people needs to hate and contantly misunderstand

i wanna tell the fans of bot "sides" that you don't have to be so defensive/offensice when it comes to these 2 bands (pretty wierd that a 16 year old gets that but not some maybe 35 year olds)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »

How is what I posted last hate? I'm quite sure the director would not post that without permission from slash and scott. Do you think they would ever want to work with him again if he just went around posting personal emails on the internet? No fucking way. The most logical explanation is the one I said. He probably asked them to write a little note about what they through of his work on the video as a little advertisement for him. Why is that so hard to believe?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »

How is what I posted last hate? I'm quite sure the director would not post that without permission from slash and scott. Do you think they would ever want to work with him again if he just went around posting personal emails on the internet? No fucking way. The most logical explanation is the one I said. He probably asked them to write a little note about what they through of his work on the video as a little advertisement for him. Why is that so hard to believe?

to answer your questions..
1. your last post wasn't hate.. but in general it's hate (too strong word maybe but i'm swedish i blame my lame vocabulary)
2. you answered that yourself Wink
3. it's not hard to believe, you can very much be right, like i can be

btw when i said you i didn't mean only you, i meant people like you rofl
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »

you don't get it do you?.. what slash sent to dean karr was probably a personal "thank you" not meant for the public eye but the stupid director blogged about it to gain fame, tell people how great he was or something..

You see that's the part that I can't quite reconcile.  Someone young, naive or new to the business, yes maybe, but Slash is far too experienced to allow himself to be caught out like that.  Therefore I have to believe that he knew full well that his comments would become public.

Slash is perfectly within his right to comment on anything that he was personally involved with...he was involved with the 'Trilogy' and is therefore entitled to make any comment he likes on them. 

Absolutely, and I don't believe that anyone has questioned his entitlement to comment.  My posts concerned the wisdom of making such a comparison and his motives for doing so.  Nothing more.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 07:34:24 PM »

I find the trilogy to be cheesy, bloated, and embarrasing compared to the music of the trilogy, which is phenomenal. It isn't hard to top the videos from UYI.

So, about this: If you always support Axl, you'll think this is a dig at him, and you'll call Slash a liar and hate the song and video. If you always support Slash, you'll think it's great and remind others of which GN'R members are actually releasing new music. If you're in the middle, you're not on this forum.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »

I find the trilogy to be cheesy, bloated, and embarrasing

Without a doubt.

I think Axl said something to that effect on Eddie Trunk didn't he?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

I find the trilogy to be cheesy, bloated, and embarrasing

What does this sound like to you?

"The video pits Velvet Revolver against a crew of bad men who kidnap a fallen angel ? literally a chick with wings who falls like a meteor from high above the Earth, crashing into the desert sand with atomic force. The VR boys use explosives, Molotov cocktails and powerful six-shooters to exterminate the evildoers and rescue the winged woman."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »

"The video pits Velvet Revolver against a crew of bad men who kidnap a fallen angel ? literally a chick with wings who falls like a meteor from high above the Earth, crashing into the desert sand with atomic force. The VR boys use explosives, Molotov cocktails and powerful six-shooters to exterminate the evildoers and rescue the winged woman."

Hopefully its them not taking themselves too seriously.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »

Sounds more like it has the potential to be cheesy and embarassing.  Maybe not bloated though  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »

Sounds more like it has the potential to be cheesy and embarassing.? Maybe not bloated though? hihi

If it's supposed to be "camp" and bring a laugh, that'll be fine.?

If it's like the trilogy where I found myself laughing "at" not "with", that's an entirely different story...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 11:16:29 PM »

"We came up with this idea, and it just sort of coincided with the album idea and title," he said. "It originally started as just a spaghetti Western and then morphed into a combination of a spaghetti Western married to this freedom-fighter concept," with a splash of "City of God" thrown in for kicks. "We spoke with several different directors, and no one could wrap their head around that concept. It was a two-day shoot, and we had no idea if it would look like crap or if it was going to look amazing. We knew it had to be cool, that it had to have a vibe and it couldn't look cheesy. ... And it came out looking badass.

"I've always been such a huge fan of those spaghetti Westerns," continued Weiland, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Clint Eastwood ? circa "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ? in the video. "I always thought it would be cool to do a remake of 'A Fistful of Dollars,' so it was kind of a childhood dream to be able to do something like that."

Sounds like Weiland thinks it's serious and "badass"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »

I always thought Scott bares resemblance to Clint Eastwood, it'll be an interesting video that's for sure.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »

Where did he say "serious?"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »

Where did he say "serious?"

Does someone have to directly say something for you to pick up on it?  I didn't put the word serious in quotes, did I?  I never claimed he said it directly. 

But he sure implied it.  If they're using a freedom fighter concept and it has elements of the movie City Of God, that's a very strong sign that they aren't just joking around and having a good time.  And when has Weiland ever NOT taken himself seriously or displayed a sense of humor of any sort?

And before you, in predictable fashion, bring up the "for kicks" line, I'll save you the trouble.  That's not a direct quote from Weiland, it's a line by the guy writing the article.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:31:41 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 01:05:19 AM »

And when has Weiland ever NOT taken himself seriously or displayed a sense of humor of any sort?

His appearence on David Spades Comedy Central show.  The music video for "Days Of The Week."  The video for "Big Bang Baby."  VRs 2004 Halloween show.  The STP shows in which he dressed in drag. 

The impression that I get is that the video might be conceptually and stylistically similar to Kill Bill or Grindhouse: an inherently campy tribute to its influences, but not an explicitly silly parody. 
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 03:19:51 AM »

What about waiting for the fuckin' video to come out, before making judgements?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

What about waiting for the fuckin' video to come out, before making judgements?

are you crazy? judge something before we've heard/seen it? what universe are you from hihi
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 04:28:53 AM »

AJajJA... Very.. Very Funny Video.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:52 AM »

That video is garbage.

Truly embarrassing and painful to watch.

It's like when I watch Old Bon Jovi videos from their first two albums painful.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: