Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:04:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  My velvet revolver music video is going to kick mtv's ass (Dean karr blog)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My velvet revolver music video is going to kick mtv's ass (Dean karr blog)  (Read 12693 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:41 AM »

It's like when I watch Old Bon Jovi videos from their first two albums painful.

Gotta love the Runaway video hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »

This video better than or equal to the trilogy?

Now that was a funny comment...

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 04:38:36 PM »

It was?

As I said, everyones entitled to their own opinion.  Youre entitled to yours and Slash is certainly entitled to his.  I personally dont like the new video more than the big GNR ones, but I dont think its far off, and I dont see whats absurd about Slashs opinion at all.  Those complaining about how cheesey and nonsensical the video for "She Builds Quick Machines" is must be forgetting the dolphin-swimming, dolphins in the jet, green body paint, water-emerging, levitating guitar solos, exploding cars, cake-diving, and Revolutionary War wardrobe of the GNR videos.  And those videos took themselves much more seriously than the VR one.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »

It was?

Yes.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »

Yes.

Okay. Why?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 06:00:59 PM »

Cause from what we've seen it's not the best video (or any equal to the old GN'R videos) that Slash has played in.

Playing a solo infront of a burning man is not the best video Slash has ever been in... It won't sell as much as any old GN'R video, you won't be seeing it for the next 15-20 years on MTV or any other music channel.

You just don't make such statements when your history is huge with that "other" band.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »

Cause from what we've seen it's not the best video (or any equal to the old GN'R videos) that Slash has played in.

What a compelling argument. 

Slash disagrees with you.  Its his opinion.

Playing a solo infront of a burning man is not the best video Slash has ever been in...

Some might prefer that to playing on-top of water or floating over a sidewalk on an out-of-frame rolling platform.  Is that a funny opinion to have?

It won't sell as much as any old GN'R video, you won't be seeing it for the next 15-20 years on MTV or any other music channel.

Theres a lot of videos that wont "sell as much" (I assume you mean albums), or be on MTV 20 years from now - does that make any expression of preference to GNRs videos "funny?"

You just don't make such statements when your history is huge with that "other" band.

Apparently you do.  Its Slashs opinion on a video...although by bringing up his history with that band, youve made it into something more.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 03:07:18 AM »

What a compelling argument. 

Slash disagrees with you.  Its his opinion.

Cool. All we have to do then is wait and see what the majority thinks...

Playing a solo infront of a burning man is not the best video Slash has ever been in...

Some might prefer that to playing on-top of water or floating over a sidewalk on an out-of-frame rolling platform.  Is that a funny opinion to have?

Exactly, it's not a funny opinion. But I think Slash's is...

It won't sell as much as any old GN'R video, you won't be seeing it for the next 15-20 years on MTV or any other music channel.

Theres a lot of videos that wont "sell as much" (I assume you mean albums), or be on MTV 20 years from now - does that make any expression of preference to GNRs videos "funny?"

Videos sell your albums. It's been like that since MTV started broadcasting and people found out about it. Very few bands have managed to sell millions of records without videos on music tv channels.

And yes, I still find Slash's comment funny no matter what you say.

It's like Matt's comment on November Rain. He didn't like the song cause it had lots of piano (and Matt rocks...), but he enjoys the fact that it's one of the songs (probably the biggest one) that made him one of the most recognizable drummers on the face of earth.

I guess it's wrong to find an opinion funny... All opinions are great...

Apparently you do.  Its Slashs opinion on a video...although by bringing up his history with that band, youve made it into something more.

Apparently I was not in Guns N' Roses, I wasn't part of videos that are still being considered as some of the best videos ever made and are still being played on some HUGE music tv stations.

But I guess this particular video is amazing since Slash thinks it's the best video he's ever been involved with.

And that is cause as you say they don't take theirselves seriously...

SCOTT WEILAND WROTE- You guys are fucking geniuses. You made our vision come alive, but more than that, you took it to another level. I'm more pleased and more proud of this video than any other video I've worked on in the past. I guess the best compliment that I could give to both of you is simply to say that I have absolutely no comments and no requests for changes to be made (this has never happened).

They had a vision? I thought they had just watched a Clint Eastwood movie the other night and decided to make one themselves...

Yeah, you're right. His comment wasn't funny.

It was hilarious.

Or wait... Let me put it in a way that you'll like it.

I find his comment not serious. And this is my opinion.

Better?

P.S. I don't think Weiland is not taking the whole Clint look seriously...

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 03:23:39 AM »

It's really funny to see how many VR haters are here at this forum  yes
Come on guys do something more profitable with your time, if you don't want to enjoy the fuckin' music let the rest do it
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 03:28:16 AM »

It's really funny to see how many VR haters are here at this forum? yes
Come on guys do something more profitable with your time, if you don't want to enjoy the fuckin' music let the rest do it

Hate is a very strong word.

And yes, we are enjoying 'Clint' immensely!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 04:11:37 AM »

It's really funny to see how many VR haters are here at this forum  yes

I bet I've spent a lot more money on VR's records, singles and merch than you or most VR "lovers" here have. Not to mention the promotion I've done for them in Greece.

So, why am I a hater?

Please explain.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 04:55:18 AM »

It's really funny to see how many VR haters are here at this forum? yes

I ain't a VR hater, quite the opposite in fact, I'm a pretty big VR fan.

I just think this video is CHEESE! hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »

You know, Slash's comments were probably just hype for the video and paying a compliment to the director.  Kind of like an actor will do with whatever new movie he's in, you know the "it was the best script I have ever read", "best movie I have ever acted in" kind of hype. 

You fucking people take these guys so fucking literal, and I mean for both bands.

At first all the arguing is funny and then it gets quite annoying.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »

Well, the title of this thread does have the words 'kick arse' in it...

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 08:30:12 AM »

Well, the title of this thread does have the words 'kick arse' in it...

Your point being?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:31:44 AM by Grouse » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »

Well the previous poster was complaining about "fucking people" taking things so "fucking literal".
I was being fucking literal about the title of the thread - in a funny way.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:52:11 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2007, 05:08:51 PM »

Sorry guys, that video was silly.  MTV in the States won't show anything that has guns or someone getting shot in it (dates back to rap videos in the 90's) so I guess at least that part will be edited.  But my point is that it just wasn't very good or coherent.  And I still think the song is terrible after several listens (that chorus? WTF?).  Sorry to be so negative, I promise I'm not inherently a VR hater.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2007, 06:59:10 AM »

Sooo.... has MTV even aired it yet? hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2007, 07:08:26 AM »

MTV really didn't play any videos from Contraband-it will probably be up to VH1-they played the VR videos the last time

libertad
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »

The first minute of the video is a disaster. Nothing but looks through a binocular about eight times. And Slash coming up outta nowhere with his guitar, it'd been cooler if the video had been mixed up with some shots of the band rocking out in an old saloon or something.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: