Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Republican rhetoric has reached new lows of stupidity
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Republican rhetoric has reached new lows of stupidity  (Read 2571 times)
GeraldFord
« on: July 03, 2007, 02:30:43 AM »

By NEDRA PICKLER

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton tried to boost her presidential campaign in the leadoff voting state of Iowa on Monday by embarking on a Fourth of July tour accompanied by one of the most popular figures in Democratic politics - her husband.

Bill Clinton said he is backing his wife because she is the most qualified, not because of any spousal obligation.

"All you have to do is decide who do you think will be the best president," he told thousands of voters gathered at twilight on the Iowa State Fairgrounds. "Here's what I want to say to you: I'd be here tonight if she asked me if we weren't married."

His wife, a New York senator, said she was "thrilled to finally find something in politics that I'm doing that my husband didn't do." Bill Clinton skipped the Iowa caucuses in 1992 because Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin was running against him.

Normally a spouse's presence on the campaign trail isn't so noteworthy, but so far the Clinton campaign has been using Bill Clinton only sparingly. Monday's rally was the first time they had campaigned together in an early voting state, and he planned to stay at her side through the July 4 holiday.

The former president's visit comes six weeks after an internal campaign memo by a senior staffer suggested she should skip Iowa and invest her resources in other early voting states. Clinton denounced the memo, which called Iowa "our consistently weakest state," and said she would continue to compete vigorously in Iowa.

Clinton leads the Democratic field in most polls, but she has yet to break out from rival John Edwards in Iowa, which is scheduled to hold the nation's first presidential caucus on Jan. 14.

After the Clintons' trip was announced, Democratic rival Barack Obama said he would be visiting the state with his wife and daughters in a dueling family holiday.

Obama was to begin Tuesday, while the Clintons began Monday night with a rally made for Iowa television, surrounded by hay bails stuck with little American flags and thousands of flag-waving supporters.

Bringing out Bill Clinton is not without risks. He tried not to overshadow his wife at the fairgrounds, keeping his remarks to an uncharacteristically brief 8 1/2 minutes. Republicans used the joint appearance to remind voters of their personal problems.

"After Bill Clinton tarnished the name of the president of the United States, the Republican Party restored hope, respect and morality within the Oval Office by bringing positive ideas and conservative values back to the White House," the Iowa Republican Party said in an e-mail sent to reporters. "Neither Iowans nor the rest of the country need to witness another Clinton catastrophe."

Bill Clinton is especially beloved by Democrats who will decide the nomination. According to a CBS News poll, 79 percent of Democrats view Bill Clinton favorably, compared to two-thirds who said they have a favorable view of his wife.

Elementary school principal Clark Wicks of Perry, Iowa, said he thinks of Bill Clinton as a strong president who did a lot of good for the country.

"He made a lot of poor choices on the side," Wicks said, sitting with his wife under a shade tree before the event started. "But, boy, not as many as our current president on the economy, the war, education."

Bill Clinton only joined his wife publicly once before since she announced her candidacy - during a commemoration of the civil rights march in Selma, Ala., where Obama, the only black candidate in the race, threatened to overshadow her.

Clinton got another boost from an important spouse among Iowa Democrats - Ruth Harkin, the wife of the senator, announced she would back her and introduced them at the fairgrounds. Ruth Harkin was president of the Overseas Private Investment Corp. in the Clinton administration. Her husband has said he will remain neutral.

"After Bill Clinton tarnished the name of the president of the United States, the Republican Party restored hope, respect and morality within the Oval Office by bringing positive ideas and conservative values back to the White House," the Iowa Republican Party said in an e-mail sent to reporters. "Neither Iowans nor the rest of the country need to witness another Clinton catastrophe."

Wow...just wow....comments?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:32:24 AM »

none at this point. thank you

wtf does that even mean?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:56:04 AM »

Christ Nixon, why do you hate Merika so much?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 03:05:50 AM »

Wow...just wow....comments?

Well, that was the plan, if I correctly recall Election 2000.  Didn't seem to pan out, in between the nation building and criminal pardoning. 

"Bill Clinton said he is backing his wife because she is the most qualified, not because of any spousal obligation."

Of course, this sets off the bullshit detectors for miles around, and that's a pretty big task in a farm state!

There is no measure I can think of, by which Hillary Clinton is the "most qualified" candidate in this election.    no

I know he doesn't really believe it, because he's smart, and this statement is idiotic.

Can anyone give me one reason why she's most qualified?

""Here's what I want to say to you: I'd be here tonight if she asked me if we weren't married."

Yeah...the best way into a woman's pants is by helping her Presidential campaign.   hihi 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:13:22 AM »

This is just amazing, simply amazing. If Clinton lying about getting his cocked sucked is a "catastrophe," what has the Bush/Cheney years been?

It's as though these people either live in some kind of alternative reality or just twist every conceivable facet as a scare tactic or as a way to drum-up there base, or both.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:14:36 AM »

This is just amazing, simply amazing. If Clinton lying about getting his cocked sucked is a "catastrophe," what has the Bush/Cheney years been?

The End of Days.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 03:32:05 AM »

I guess some people believe the world is still flat!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »

by bringing ... conservative values back

they meant archaic conservative values ... those of George lll.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:32:49 PM »

Does this really surprise anyone at this point?  this brought to you by the same party who's top guy said "heckuva job brownie"

the are completely removed from reality.

Sure, in 2000 the biggest smudge on america was our pres getting a hummer from a chubby intern.  fast forward 7 years and that seems pretty inconsequential doesn't it.  well, to some people at least.

a "catastrophe".  my god that is just funny.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »

Does this really surprise anyone at this point?  this brought to you by the same party who's top guy said "heckuva job brownie"

You know, I've heard this "heckuva job brownie" line seemingly endless times, and I'm goddamned sick of it!  Seriously...it's starting to offend me.

Bush Declares War on Unbridled Delicious-ness

Brownies are among the most delicious things on Earth.  Moist and chewy, with that wonderful hard part (x2 on the corner pieces!)...I don't think nicknaming an incompetent political appointee to the bureaucracy after one of my (and, let's be honest, your's too) favorite desserts is in line with what American is all about.  Brownies have busted their asses to be a great dessert.  They work well with others (I cite their bi-partisan work with vanilla ice cream as evidence) and are open to changes (walnuts, anyone?)  Let's not name dipshits after them, ok people?   

Now, with Scooter Libby (or, really, any Bush admin official) being big liars, I'll be eternally pissed if he starts calling them "fudgy".  Fudge is decadent.  Scooter Libby is a turd.  Don't you DARE call him "fudgy," Mr. President! 

And Condoleeza Rice...Hell, that doesn't have to be changed!  If he calls he "Condoleeza Rice Pilaf," I'll go ape-shit! 

And don't get me started on "Rummy."  Yeah...ruin a whole type of liquor.  Thanks, Bush. 

I'm just thankful he didn't think to make Ashcroft into "Ashy" and ruin cigar smoking.  And, of course, Mr. Bush has forever ruined the male sexual appetite for hairy women. 

Damn shame.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »

You know, I've heard this "heckuva job brownie" line seemingly endless times, and I'm goddamned sick of it!  Seriously...it's starting to offend me.

seriously? how so?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »

Does this really surprise anyone at this point? this brought to you by the same party who's top guy said "heckuva job brownie"

You know, I've heard this "heckuva job brownie" line seemingly endless times, and I'm goddamned sick of it! Seriously...it's starting to offend me.

Bush Declares War on Unbridled Delicious-ness

Brownies are among the most delicious things on Earth. Moist and chewy, with that wonderful hard part (x2 on the corner pieces!)...I don't think nicknaming an incompetent political appointee to the bureaucracy after one of my (and, let's be honest, your's too) favorite desserts is in line with what American is all about. Brownies have busted their asses to be a great dessert. They work well with others (I cite their bi-partisan work with vanilla ice cream as evidence) and are open to changes (walnuts, anyone?) Let's not name dipshits after them, ok people?

Now, with Scooter Libby (or, really, any Bush admin official) being big liars, I'll be eternally pissed if he starts calling them "fudgy". Fudge is decadent. Scooter Libby is a turd. Don't you DARE call him "fudgy," Mr. President!

And Condoleeza Rice...Hell, that doesn't have to be changed! If he calls he "Condoleeza Rice Pilaf," I'll go ape-shit!

And don't get me started on "Rummy." Yeah...ruin a whole type of liquor. Thanks, Bush.

I'm just thankful he didn't think to make Ashcroft into "Ashy" and ruin cigar smoking. And, of course, Mr. Bush has forever ruined the male sexual appetite for hairy women.

Damn shame.

ROTFLMFAO? ?Hey, you didn't mention that dick Cheney.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »

Really, does anybody believe it has reached new lows? IMHO it's just more of the same.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

seriously? how so?

No, not seriously.  Read the rest of my post.   rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: