Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  messages should be on libertad
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: messages should be on libertad  (Read 40247 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2007, 05:12:41 PM »

Well, after hearing ''Messages'' several times, there is no doubt that this song could be one of the best tracks in Libertad. I really find weird that it was not included.

But at the same time I dont think this song is better than ''American Man'', ''Dont Drop That Dime'' and ''Gravedancer''. ''Messages'' has beautiful guitars, really great Slash job, but overall I think the song is a little boring and, like most of VR tracks, repetitive.

The song starts really great, but once Weiland opens his mouth, the song starts declining. Once Slash appears again in close up, the song grows.

This could be a good second single, IMO, but I dont think MTV or other music channels will give this too much airplay..

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2007, 05:21:50 PM »

Id love someone to Please Me by letting me in on Messages and Gas  beer
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

The song starts really great, but once Weiland opens his mouth, the song starts declining. Once Slash appears again in close up, the song grows.

Couldn't disagree more.

For me, Scott's vocals elevate the song and take it to a more listenable height.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »

Estebanf u clearly just hate Scott Weiland

Seriously if u say he messes this song up u just need to not even try to listen cause u are obviously biased when it comes to him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2007, 06:17:13 PM »

Seriously if u say he messes this song up u just need to not even try to listen cause u are obviously biased when it comes to him.

Why ''hate''? I just dont like his vocals in most of these new songs! I like his vocals in Slither, in Sucker Train Blues, You Got No Right, etc, and I also LOVE his vocals in STP hymns like ''Plush'' or ''Interstate Love Song'' or ''Big Bang Baby'', among others.

geez...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

?

Couldn't disagree more.

For me, Scott's vocals elevate the song and take it to a more listenable height.

I don't think Weiland's vocals ruin the song by any means, but the highlight is still Slash's playing, both the melodies and the tone.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »

?

Couldn't disagree more.

I don't think Weiland's vocals ruin the song by any means, but the highlight is still Slash's playing, both the melodies and the tone.

Ali

It's good to see the tune has different points of appeal to the listener, that's hardly a drawback.  beer

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »

Well, after hearing ''Messages'' several times, there is no doubt that this song could be one of the best tracks in Libertad. I really find weird that it was not included.

But at the same time I dont think this song is better than ''American Man'', ''Dont Drop That Dime'' and ''Gravedancer''. ''Messages'' has beautiful guitars, really great Slash job, but overall I think the song is a little boring and, like most of VR tracks, repetitive.

This could be a good second single, IMO, but I dont think MTV or other music channels will give this too much airplay..

I agree about Slash's job is pretty good and his solos are the best part of the song, but you must recognize that Weiland's voice in this ballad is very expressive and emotive, you know I am a bit sceptic about Scott job but in this performance he is brilliant....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 06:34:39 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:40 PM »

?

Couldn't disagree more.

Ali

It's good to see the tune has different points of appeal to the listener, that's hardly a drawback.? beer

Agreed.  Also, I do like Scott's vocals during the chorus.  He creates a very nice tone to his voice there and sings with a lot of emotion.

Ali
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »

I found Messages great, it's not better than YGNR because of the simple fact that, as you said, it' repetitive. The song grows really when Slash appears

You really know who's Maradona!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »

I remember slash talking about using new guitars and such , man but that classic les paul into the marshall tone is so beautiful. The way slash articulates his notes is great!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »

im really loving the song musically. Wish Slash would have saved this for Axl one day. I could def see Axl singing on something like this. Reminds me a lot of a buckethead type song.? Weilands vocals and lyrics dont match the potential of the track.

I actually agree with this to a point.  To me, the guitars are the vocals on this song, and I think Scott did great.  But if Axl could have song on this?!?!?! drool  Its killer how it is anyway.  But still.
Gunner2002
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

Would love a PM for this song as well. Thanks in advance
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »

I remember slash talking about using new guitars and such , man but that classic les paul into the marshall tone is so beautiful. The way slash articulates his notes is great!

With out Slash's guitars, the song is nothing. ?

At the end of the verse when Weiland goes, "hey ey eh hey", is that like, I have nothing else to say? ?Just kidding, but at times, its like he lacks conviction and power in his voice and almost goes out of breath when singing, "tell my son I sorry I yelled at him yesterday". ?I like it, but Scott's perfect vocal range is that of "Psysho Killer". ?

Slash's guitars are so vocal throught the song, and he plays with major balls with out over playing.

Great song.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2007, 09:15:51 PM »

Its called an opinion. I also think Scott is the weakest link in this song, for me Slash's playing is great, like I said earlier in this thread it's easily the best playing he has done since leaving Guns. But scott ruins the song a bit for me, he has one of the most annoying voices ever as far as I'm concerned. But that's only my opinion, just like you think scott is great on the song. Neither of us is wrong, because it's an opinion....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2007, 09:39:45 PM »

Its called an opinion. I also think Scott is the weakest link in this song, for me Slash's playing is great, like I said earlier in this thread it's easily the best playing he has done since leaving Guns. But scott ruins the song a bit for me, he has one of the most annoying voices ever as far as I'm concerned. But that's only my opinion, just like you think scott is great on the song. Neither of us is wrong, because it's an opinion....

Scotts voice can be nasaly and whiney, not everyone's cup  of tea.  He has a nice voice when he "sings".   I like him as a singer and frontman, and like I said, the Psycho Killer vocal range is his best.  I think his "voice" is better on "Last Fight".  But, his lyrics are better here and this is a better song over all.
leoroses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »

This song sends chills down my spine that is what I want everytime I hear VR but it's also eerie to think that conversations similar to this happened on 9/11.  I use to live in NY close to the city I could see the smoke from the twin towers from my job when all of that stuff went down.  This song is a masterpiece.  Slash's guitar playing flows over with emotion.  The man is a god and Scott man his vocal are so desperate in this song exactly what the song is all about.  I can't stop listening to it the last fight doesn't even hold a candle to it.  This is one of the best songs ever made.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »

This song sends chills down my spine that is what I want everytime I hear VR but it's also eerie to think that conversations similar to this happened on 9/11.? I use to live in NY close to the city I could see the smoke from the twin towers from my job when all of that stuff went down.? This song is a masterpiece.? Slash's guitar playing flows over with emotion.? The man is a god and Scott man his vocal are so desperate in this song exactly what the song is all about.? I can't stop listening to it the last fight doesn't even hold a candle to it.? This is one of the best songs ever made.

I thought it was about flight 93 specifically when they called their wives and said they are taking the plane down and coined the term "Let's Roll".
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2007, 03:34:05 AM »

Messages is on Libertad!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2007, 03:38:15 AM »

I have to ask, as much as I enjoy vr's work why do they always leave off great tunes and put the lower half like she builds quick machines as their single.. I mean out the door, pill demons etc  american man all sound like better tunes to me to grab attention..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: