Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread  (Read 98356 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »

Predators sign Legwand to six-year deal

The Nashville Predators announced Friday that the club has signed forward David Legwand to a six-year, $27 million contract extension. Legwand, 27, is the Predators' all-time leader in points (304) and goals (113)."This is the first step moving forward under new ownership and is a sign of commitment, a desire to win and a desire to keep the core of our young team together in Nashville," said GM David Poile in a team statement.Legwand is tied for second on the team this season in points (21) and assists.

Thrashers get Recchi off re-entry waivers

Looking to add some experience to their lineup, the Atlanta Thrashers have claimed veteran winger Mark Recchi off re-entry waivers.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »

Bruins Fernandez undergoes knee surgery

BOSTON - Bruins goalie Manny Fernandez had knee surgery on Wednesday and likely will be sidelined for the rest of the season.Fernandez hurt his left knee during practice on Oct. 30. It's the same knee he injured last January, ending his season with the Minnesota Wild. The Bruins acquired Fernandez last July for forward Petr Kalus and a fourth-round draft pick.

Richards signs 12-year deal with Flyers

Centre Mike Richards, who has emerged as one of the league's top two-way forwards this season, has signed a contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers."I want to be here, I love the city, I love the organization and when I was given the opportunity I was excited to be here over the next twelve years," Richards relayed to the Associated Press.TSN has learned it is a 12-year extension for $69 million that averages out at $5.75 million per year for the cap hit.

Ducks send McDonald to Blues for Weight

Doug Weight is on his way to the West coast as the Blues have traded the playmaker to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Andy McDonald in a move that will free up enough cap space next season to allow Scott Niedermayer to make his return to the Ducks. The Ducks also receive Czech prospect Michal Birner and a 7th-round draft pick in the 2008 NHL Entry draft.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2007, 06:35:08 PM »

Richards signs 12-year deal with Flyers

Hahah I love these stupid ass signings... 6-7 years from now the flyers will be crying, and i'll be loving it  rofl rofl rofl
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »

Toews' OT tally lifts Hawks over Sens

Ottawa, ON (Sports Network) - Jonathan Toews scored 2:07 into overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 4-3 victory over the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Place.

Patrick Sharp intercepted a pass in the neutral zone and skated into Ottawa's zone up the left boards. Sharp then cut towards the net and dished a pass to a streaking Toews, who slid the puck past Ray Emery to give Chicago the extra point.

"It was a quick turnover and I just tried to go hard to the net and try to give Sharpie some time to get the d-man to back off, but he said he was looking for me the whole way so I just put my stick on the ice and was able to get the shot off," explained Toews.

Toews also had two assists in regulation while Sharp scored in the third period for the Blackhawks, who have won two straight.

Nikolai Khabibulin made 26 saves in the victory while Martin Havlat, who spent his first five seasons in the league with the Sens, made his return to Ottawa for the first time since being traded and failed to pick up a point.

"This was a good win for us obviously," said Havlat. "Ottawa is such a good team. But tonight our young guys came through for us and our goaltending was fantastic. This is a big two points for our hockey club."

Dany Heatley scored twice while Emery ended with 25 saves for the Senators, who have lost two in a row.

Dean McAmmond's short-handed goal gave the Senators the early lead 5:48 into the opening period. McAmmond intercepted a pass in the neutral zone and flew into Chicago's zone up the left wing. From the left circle, McAmmond cut across into the slot and backhanded the disc past Khabibulin.

The Blackhawks evened the score less than two minutes later as Martin Lapointe tallied his second goal of the season.

Ottawa regained its lead at 10:43 of the first after Heatley deflected Wade Redden's shot from the point past Khabibulin for his 21st goal of the campaign.

Heatley found the back of the net for the second time of the game 2:46 into the second stanza to give the Sens a two-goal lead. From the right circle, Shean Donovan centered a pass to a streaking Heatley, who deked down low and slipped a backhander home.

A power-play goal by Brent Seabrook at 7:21 of the second made it 3-2. From the right point, Dustin Byfuglien slid a pass across to Seabrook and he one- timed the feed past a sliding Emery.

At 11:07 of the second, Sharp had a great chance to even the score, but he fired a snap shot wide on his first-career penalty shot opportunity.

Sharp was able to make up for the miss by tying the game just 38 seconds into the third stanza with his 17th goal of the season.

Game Notes:

The Blackhawks have won four of five and five of the last seven meetings with the Sens...Ottawa's Daniel Alfredsson had a 10-game point streak come to an end...Chicago ended 2-for-5 on the power play while Ottawa did not score in five chances with the man advantage.

12/23 00:02:27 ET

http://146.145.120.3/default.asp?c=ocregister&page=/nhl/news/ADN4118631.htm

beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

Chicago hosts LA aiming for longest winning streak in six years

(Sports Network) - The Chicago Blackhawks will try for their first five-game winning streak in about six years, as they host the Los Angeles Kings tonight at the United Center in the opener of a home-and-home set.

The Blackhawks posted their season-high fourth consecutive win on Wednesday, a 5-2 home victory against Nashville. Robert Lang scored twice, while Patrick Sharp lit the lamp for a fourth straight game.

Sharp, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane each contributed a goal and assist for the Blackhawks, who have won four straight for the first time since March 30- April 5 of last season. Nikolai Khabibulin stopped 30-of-32 shots to notch the win.

The club hasn't won five in a row since a six-game winning streak from December 26, 2001 through January 6, 2002.

What is remarkable is that Chicago is on its winning run despite a rash of injuries. Prior to the game against Nashville, the Blackhawks placed Martin Havlat (groin), Dave Bolland (broken finger) and Ben Eager (mild concussion) on injured reserve.

Then in the game, James Wisniewski injured his knee -- the same knee that he had surgery on last year -- while fighting and could be out up to a month. Also, Brent Sopel left the game with a broken finger after blocking a shot and is out 1-2 weeks.

Tonight's game wraps a three-game homestand for Chicago, and it is 12-9-0 as the host this season. The club next hits the road for three straight, starting New Year's Day in LA.

The Kings enter this contest having just halted a season-worst eight-game losing streak on Saturday with a 3-1 win in Colorado. Derek Armstrong and Scott Thornton scored 1:17 apart in the third period to lift the Kings.

Anze Kopitar added an empty net goal for the Kings, who were on their longest losing streak since dropping the final 11 contests of the 2003-04 campaign. Jean-Sebastien Aubin turned away 29-of-30 shots in the win, just the third the Kings have posted in all of December (3-11-1).

The Kings were without Michael Cammalleri for the second straight game due to a rib injury. He has 15 goals and 14 assists on the season.

The Kings improved to 5-12-1 on the road this season and play the second of back-to-back road games tonight. The club begins a six-game homestand on New Year's Day against Chicago.

Chicago recorded a 6-3 home win over LA on December 12 and has won four of the last five meetings in the series.

12/30 10:36:26 ET

http://146.145.120.3/default.asp?c=ocregister&page=/nhl/news/ADN4119432.htm

smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »

I've always liked Chicago...Good to see them doing well....The Leafs on the other hand are blowing without McCabe and Toskala

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »

I watched my first Hockey game in 2 years last night.

I became such a huge fan a few years ago before the strike. I followed Colorado religiously. Watched all the playoffs and the Finals.

Played the video games, I knew almost all the players and I really enjoyed watching it.

After the cancelled season

I just couldn't get back into it.

Some reason, I've been itching to watch it again.

So I got the NHL HD channel.

Having Hockey in HD is amazing! Way better to watch in HD than regular TV. I watched Montreal destroy Florida and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Since I am starting back new to the NHL and I live like an hour and a half from Nashville. I think Im gonna roll with The Predators as my fav team.

Im gonna watch them and see if I can get attached to them.

If not, Im gonna watch every game I can and see which team I get a vibe with.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »

The Leafs on the other hand are blowing without McCabe and Toskala

The Leafs blow with McCabe and Toskala Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »

The Leafs sure got creamed last night by the rangers. It was a laugher.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2007, 07:28:32 PM »

Really looking forward to the Winter Classic.  hope the weather holds up.

GO PENS!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »

As a lifelong diehard Leafs fan I must say this season and last have really sucked. Along with the last 33 I've been alive for...93' that was the year (how sad is that statement alone).

Whatever

GO LEAFS GO!!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2008, 04:45:26 PM »

wow could that Outdoor NHL game really have gone much better for the NHL? I mean there was your excpected ice conditions which needed tending to...but the crowd was into it, no injuries, it went into a shootout and there biggest star Sidney Crosby won it for his team in the shootout....hats off to the NHL

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »

wow could that Outdoor NHL game really have gone much better for the NHL? I mean there was your excpected ice conditions which needed tending to...but the crowd was into it, no injuries, it went into a shootout and there biggest star Sidney Crosby won it for his team in the shootout....hats off to the NHL

def a story book ending for the NHL.  But, as a hockey fan and a HUGE pens fan I was a little disappointed in the game itself.  the switching 10 mins into the 3rd and halfway through OT was really dumb (big deal if the home ice team has an advantage, thats the benefit of playing the game at home!).  The ice conditions were REALLY ridiculous too, esp that one patch, but I guess they felt it necessary to make sure nobody got hurt.  Most of all though, only 2 goals, no shots for the Pens the ENTIRE 2nd period...  the last 5 mins or so had some good action though.

game took WAY too long.  If it was my first time watching a hockey game I wouldn't be too impressed.  Sid did have some sick moves and they did a good job of highlighting his unrealness.

i read the flyers and penguins are in talks about an annual out door game being played at the stadium at Penn State.  That would be really really cool if they pull it off.  great rivalry.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2008, 10:59:27 AM »

that was one of the best sporting events i've seen in a while. great ratings as well for the game.

and it all comes down to one word....SNOW.

any sporting event in snow is just awesome to watch.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »

that was one of the best sporting events i've seen in a while. great ratings as well for the game.

what were the ratings?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »

what were the ratings?

First outdoor NHL game played in U.S. draws big TV numbers down south

NEW YORK - More people in the U.S. tuned in on New Year's Day to see the NHL play outdoors than any other regular-season game in more than a decade.

The Penguins-Sabres game in snowy Buffalo - the first regular-season outdoor NHL game in the United States - drew a 2.6 overnight rating and a 5 share on NBC. Those were the best numbers since a six-game regional telecast on Fox drew a 3.0 overnight rating and a 7 share on Feb. 3, 1996.

Pittsburgh won 2-1 in a shootout on a Sidney Crosby's score before a crowd of more than 71,000 at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

CBC's ratings weren't available Wednesday.

The big U.S. numbers, in the stands and on TV, came three years after the NHL lockout forced the cancellation of an entire season and after last season's Stanley Cup finals on NBC drew record-low ratings.

"We're delighted by the success of this historic event," NBC Sports president Ken Schanzer said. "The Winter Classic exposed hockey to a larger audience and definitely made new fans of the game."

The Winter Classic ratings also surpassed Wayne Gretzky's final game, which was broadcast on Fox on April 18, 1999, and drew a 2.5/6.

The Buffalo and Pittsburgh markets led the ratings, at 38.2/58 and 17.7/30, respectively. But markets such as Sacramento, Calif., St. Louis and Denver also drew strong ratings, even though the game went up against a number of college football bowl games, including an intriguing Capital One Bowl between Florida and Michigan.

"This was one of the best events I've ever been a part of as a player, coach or broadcaster," NBC game analyst Eddie Olczyk said. "It truly was a memorable experience and a great day for the sport of hockey."

Overnight ratings measure the 55 largest TV markets in the United States, and each ratings point represents about 735,000 households. The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned into a broadcast among those households with televisions on at the time.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »

Man let me tell you, the Ice Bowl was insane.... The crowd was pumped, the weather was great, but Sabres lose  Roll Eyes

It looked so great from the clips I saw on TV, but didnt do it real justice...

Glad it did well, but dont think it will pull to many fans into the playoffs, who wouldent normally be there
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »

NHL investigates Downie's punch on Blake

The Phildelphia Flyers seem to be on roll this season, and it's certainly not in the standings.

Playing in just his fourth NHL game since serving a 20-game suspension for a pre-season hit on Ottawa's Dean McAmmond, forward Steve Downie was at it again in the team's 3-2 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

With his team up 2-0 early in the third period, Downie hit Toronto winger Jason Blake - who was being held by an official - in the face with what many are describing as a sucker-punch.

The hit left a large golf ball-sized welt under Blake's left eye, which didn't sit well with Leafs head coach Paul Maurice.

Well, we're going to have to have Jason looked at, because he's not looking too good right now," Maurice told reporters after the game. When asked of his opinion on the hit, Maurice replied, "I have a strong one that matters not."

Blake didn't sustain any structural damage to his eye, but was kept off the ice as a precaution and received treatment for it on Sunday.

While Downie received a minor penalty for the punch, the NHL is investigating the incident.

Downie's incident is the latest for a Flyers team that has been hit with 52 games in suspensions this season.

So far this season, the Flyers have had five players punished for on-ice acts of violence.

Downie got 20 games for a head shot on McAmmond in the pre-season, Jesse Boulerice got 25 games for a crosscheck to the head of Vancouver's Ryan Kesler, defenceman Randy Jones got two games for a hit from behind on Boston's Patrice Bergeron, forward Scott Hartnell got two games for hitting Boston's Andrew Alberts' head into the boards when the player was on his knees and defenceless, and Riley Cote took a three-game suspension for a high head-shot on Stars defenceman Matt Niskanen.

I must say that was a good ole hockey game I really enjoyed watching even though Downie had to ruin what was a great night for him by being stupid again, and that the Leafs lost..

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »

Hurricanes take a chance on Samsonov

The Carolina Hurricanes have claimed forward Sergei Samsonov off re-entry waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks.
Samsonov, 29, is expected to join the Hurricanes in Boston for Tuesday's game against the Bruins.Samsonov has appeared in 23 of Chicago's games without scoring a goal. He has four assists, and a minus-seven plus-minus rating. He was acquired last June from Montreal for Jassen Cullimore and Tony Salmelainen.Samsonov is under contract for US$3.525 million this season and can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.With the move, the Blackhawks are responsible for half of Samsonov's remaining salary - about $800,000 for the balance of this season that counts against the cap. Carolina is responsible for the other half.

Red Wings sign Osgood to extension

DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have signed goaltender Chris Osgood to a three-year contract extension.Osgood is earning US$800,000 this season and was slated for unrestricted free agency July 1. His new deal will average close to $1.5 milliion a season, a source told The Canadian Press.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »

Watched Detroit vs Colorado the other day

WOW, Detroit's Defense was unreal. It was one of those where it seemed Detroit had 7 skaters out there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: