Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2007/2008 Thread  (Read 92474 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2008, 04:31:08 AM »

I don't think a penalty was necessary, but I really don't think it was a dive either. It was an interference by this season's standards from what I saw ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVYctha2YQ0 ), but usually refs don't call those in the playoffs with that little time left on the clock.

That said, the Rangers did manage to fuck it up all on their own. You don't let a team come back from 3-0.

Yeah that first one the pens got was a complete fluke off a ranger but the others. The game winner was a little questionable too but 3 of the 5 they just shouldn't have let happen. I still think it was a shitty call in a tied game with that little time left. Just let them play and decide it don't help one team decide a game that late. You're right they usually don't call those but you know bettman's love affair with crosby can't let ANYTHING go when he's involved.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:33:45 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »

I have all the confidence in the world that the Rangers will bounce back and take the next 2 games at home

Bold Prediction ( and I'll accept the abuse if wrong!) -  Rangers 6 -2 in Game 3

Can't wait
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »

I know we can win the games at home but we have gotta find a way to steal game 5 or 7 at the mellon. We've only won once there all season i think.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2008, 07:27:48 AM »

Yeah... Pittsburgh went 0-3-1 at New York and 3-0-1 at home against the Rangers if I remember correctly.

I do look forward to the games in NY, but I'm a bit worried about the chances of getting an away win there.

The series looks really tight, and if the Penguins play a bit more defensive game away, I think it'll only benefit the Rangers. And while keeping the home ice advantage is enough, it's not too secure..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2008, 12:24:55 PM »

I know we can win the games at home but we have gotta find a way to steal game 5 or 7 at the mellon. We've only won once there all season i think.

Timothy - based on the fact that we should have won the first game and a fast whistle keeping us from tying Game 2 late, what makes you think we cannot go into that arena and win?  I think we can, that's for sure.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »

Timothy - based on the fact that we should have won the first game and a fast whistle keeping us from tying Game 2 late, what makes you think we cannot go into that arena and win?  I think we can, that's for sure.

Yeah should've but should've doesn't matter now. I'm not all that confident about game 3 either after one period.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »

As a Pens fan, I'm surprised by what I'm seeing here.  Who would've thought?

We'll see what happens in period 2...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »

Yeah should've but should've doesn't matter now. I'm not all that confident about game 3 either after one period.

Again, they shoot, they score. It's not what I'm used to seeing with Henrik.  Here's hoping the next 2 periods are different  Cry
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »

So the Pens kill two - TWO - five-on-threes, and then we still end up tied 5 minutes later.

Crazy stuff.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »

Reading what you Rangers fans post, cracks me the hell up..

It was all the same last year in round two: "Lucky, Close, Should Have, Fast Whistle"  rofl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »

Ugh the rangers are out playing the pens in this whole series except where it counts the most the scoreboard.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2008, 10:34:06 PM »

It was all the same last year in round two: "Lucky, Close, Should Have, Fast Whistle"  rofl

What do you want ?  Ooohh, that Crosby's great?  Wow that Malkin? 

We had a chance to win each game and it did'nt happen -  Tonight the Rangers did not deserve to win, period.  Game 1 ( if you actually watched it) was ours. Game 2 , did you not see that whistle play?  Ref blew it without even noticing that the puck was not in Fleury's control. Sorry, but get yourself a clue before you speak.

Not knocking the Pens - they are too fast, too explosive and we can't keep up, but you can't deny the obvious fact that this series should not be 3-0 right now.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »

We had a chance to win each game and it did'nt happen -  Tonight the Rangers did not deserve to win, period.  Game 1 ( if you actually watched it) was ours. Game 2 , did you not see that whistle play?  Ref blew it without even noticing that the puck was not in Fleury's control. Sorry, but get yourself a clue before you speak.

Not knocking the Pens - they are too fast, too explosive and we can't keep up, but you can't deny the obvious fact that this series should not be 3-0 right now.

I really don't think we played as bad as you think tonight. We kept them without shots on goal for very long stretches. Most of the goals they scored were not far apart. We made some stupid defensive mistakes but so did the pens. The worst thing we did is not scoring on the consecutive 5 on 3 pp's. Thats simply inexcusable. We score goals there we maybe win this game. But your right we definitely deserve a better fate then what we have down 3-0. Defense has got to be a priority in the offseason for this team. We have the weapons on offense but we give the puck up too much. I don't know who we could get from free agency on defense or who else might be ready to make the team from the minors defensively but we have got to improve cause we just can't hold leads.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »

Didnt see game 1 so I dunno...

That whistle was a early, but i've seen worse, plus when it happens to the Rangers I have no problem with it.. Its a rule that needs to be changed tho...

Trust me, if you dont give the Pens credit I dont give a crap, they're not my team..... But they are 7-0 thus far

I'm just going off all of the excuses people around here had last year VS the sabres, the same ones as this year... I wish I could have heard you guys, the 7 straight years they missed the playoffs  hihi

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »

Didnt see game 1 so I dunno...

That whistle was a early, but i've seen worse, plus when it happens to the Rangers I have no problem with it.. Its a rule that needs to be changed tho...

Trust me, if you dont give the Pens credit I dont give a crap, they're not my team..... But they are 7-0 thus far

I'm just going off all of the excuses people around here had last year VS the sabres, the same ones as this year... I wish I could have heard you guys, the 7 straight years they missed the playoffs  hihi

I'LL GO SLOW FOR YA  ok  GAME 1......UP 3-0    ( not making any excuses there)
GAME 2:  Refs blew a whistle when they should'nt have....Pens next goal was an empty netter....get the point?......Game should have been tied
GAME 3:  No excuses -  We lost, and could'nt stop them

So, once again, you're laughing about us NYR fans making excuses.......but I don't believe any were made except for the obvious whistle one

On a side note, Jagr basically said the Rangers would be winning this next game confused
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2008, 12:04:16 AM »

Well of course he's gonna say that. Its not like we have a choice any longer. Either win now or we go home.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2008, 08:26:47 AM »

Coma:

The whistle sucks, but get over it... They still woulda lost...

Relax its not just you i'm talking about, all rangers fans  peace
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »

Coma:

The whistle sucks, but get over it... They still woulda lost...

Relax its not just you i'm talking about, all rangers fans  peace

I'm over it...trust me

Just focusing on the next game

Never say die!

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »

HOLY SHIIIIIIITE!!!!!!!!!!

NY Radio Stations are reporting that Sean Avery was taken to the Hospital last night -  passed out - possible cardiac arrest?Huh

If I hear more, I'll post it
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

HOLY SHIIIIIIITE!!!!!!!!!!

NY Radio Stations are reporting that Sean Avery was taken to the Hospital last night -  passed out - possible cardiac arrest?Huh

If I hear more, I'll post it

haha hope he's kinda ok... but i hope hes out for at least a year

karma is a bitch  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: