Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Messages/Gas and a $ Laugh Reason Why VR should have made a Doube Album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Messages/Gas and a $ Laugh Reason Why VR should have made a Doube Album  (Read 2041 times)
leoroses
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 01, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »

Why should VR be limited by a Record company and at this point in their careers they should have total artistic control.  It is sad that RCA has so much control.  If they had released a double album it would have put  them head and shoulders above all the other bands out there.  They have 17 killer tracks we have already heard and Im shure they have at least another 8-10 great tracks they were working on. If foo fighters can release a double album so can VR.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »

they wouldn't have needed a double album..  I'm sure they could put all 18-19 recorded songs on one album with lots of space left on the disc..
if they released a double album maybe people would've compared it to the illusions wich wouldn't be very nice..

and yeah foo fighters are better then VR hihi
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »

VR aren't popular enough for a double album.
leoroses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »

Totally disagree on both subjects.  I love foo fighters but they have really fallen off lately especially since colour and the shape at least gil norton is producing their next record and maybe vr should use him.  But VR is definetely popular enough and maybe some GNR fans would give them a second chance if they released a Double album.  Also VR has done something similar to GNR by making a more varied second offering as did GNR.  First album almost all straight aggressive rockers second cd acoustic songs early demos not really a second cd but with illusions alot of different kind of tracks.  VR needs to turn the rock world on its ear otherwise why else are they hear.  I love this cd but they have so much to offer and with a 3 year lay over they had plenty of tracks for this record they said they had something like 50-60 tracks they where working on.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »

theres too much filler on one album for it to be a double album.   But they should have included messages on the album, in place of Gravedancer or something. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »

Jim Bob, not in place, just add it in.  Its only a 45 minute disc.  So there is a ton of space left for every song.  All 18 or 19 of them.  Hell, each UYI disc had 70 or so minutes on them.  Not a big deal.  Why not just give us all the songs.  Filler or not, I like to hear what ideas artists have.  Give me it all!
leoroses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

The more you listen to this cd the less fillers it appears there ae hear trust me the only real filler is the ELO cover. ?I really hated american man when I heard it but now it is one of my favorites same with for a brother and mary, mary.  By the way I really like the ELO cover though
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »

well, they need to save material for album 3 and or bsides. they possibly still have 4 tracks we havent heard

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »

Jim Bob, not in place, just add it in.? Its only a 45 minute disc.? So there is a ton of space left for every song.? All 18 or 19 of them.? Hell, each UYI disc had 70 or so minutes on them.? Not a big deal.? Why not just give us all the songs.? Filler or not, I like to hear what ideas artists have.? Give me it all!

I totally agree. The album isn't very long. I understand in todays music business you're supposed to have an extra song for itunes, and extra song for japan etc. but there was plenty of time available on the album to have thrown psycho killer, messages, and gas and a $ laugh on there. And theres a lot of songs I hear people refer to filler from alot of bands I love and songs I think are filler others love. I think "Shotgun Blues" is a great song and I have heard people say it's filler. I'm still glad it's on the album. So I agree, release everything you got. I don't think if someone likes 12 out of 14 songs on a particular album they're going to be mad they have to skip a track or two.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: