Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The iPhone
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 8461 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 12:11:43 AM »

They sold 525,000 iPhones in 3 days.  Shocked

Capitalism at it's finest.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 12:51:48 AM »

Not to mention the biggest hype-machine snow job success in marketing probably.

Fuck 'Em All.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 01:11:25 AM »

It's all about the marketing, that's for sure.

Some of the best marketing IMHO is marketing to women for their wedding day. They have a life time of it, and after the two decades or so of saturation it pays the industry an above average ROI.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 01:54:14 AM »

No...the people on eBay trying to hawk them for $1,000 is capitalism at it's finest.  Because let's be honest.  Doesn't standing in line for a few hours entitle you to a $400 profit?  Roll Eyes

But I did get one, and it's a miracle.  It packed all my boxes for my upcoming move, cleaned up my dog's shit, and turned my neighbor into NOT a fat piece of white trash!  ok

Some people are acting like they just found the cure to cancer with this thing. 

It hasn't cured cancer...yet.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:57:35 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 01:59:09 AM »

No...the people on eBay trying to hawk them for $1,000 is capitalism at it's finest.  Because let's be honest.  Doesn't standing in line for a few hours entitle you to a $400 profit?  Roll Eyes

If they know they can make 400 bucks for being first in line, then yea, I guess they do deserve it, lol.

I've picked up cars at auctions and doubled my money in less than 3 days. I've done the same picking up cars from private sellers.

What is the value of anything? What sets the price? (In the case of the Iphone the answer is obvious of course.)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 02:02:20 AM »

If they know they can make 400 bucks for being first in line, then yea, I guess they do deserve it, lol.

I've picked up cars at auctions and doubled my money in less than 3 days. I've done the same picking up cars from private sellers.

What is the value of anything? What sets the price? (In the case of the Iphone the answer is obvious of course.)

What kind of pro-market crazy leftie are you?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 02:03:23 AM »

What kind of pro-market crazy leftie are you?

The angry-on-the-inside-kind I guess.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

I work at the Apple Store in North Sydney - we won't be getting the iPhone for a long time yet but I can tell you this ...

The sales staff say this thing is teh shit, everyone will want one.
Everyone else here thinks it's a piece of shit, though they do love their iPods.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT&T sucks.

Got that? AT&T sucks. And I can say that. Know why? Because I am not using AT&T service. If I did, then I would have to agree to their Terms of Service, which say:

5.1 Suspension/Termination? In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes ? (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries.

So, if I used AT&T, I would not be able to post this blog entry.

You know what? That sucks. Not as much as gleefully acquiescing to give all their customer data over to the Bush Administration in violation of the Constitution, or censoring Pearl Jam, but it sucks nonetheless.

Thanks BA

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 11:46:22 AM »

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2007/09/27/afx4163827.html

RPT Apple, Orange payments dispute risks scuppering French iPhone sales - report

sometimes, you just gotta love France, i hope that stupid iphone doesnt come to my country. i hate apple with a passion.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 03:26:51 PM »

Go Microsoft!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »

sometimes, you just gotta love France, i hope that stupid iphone doesnt come to my country. i hate apple with a passion.

Many people hate France with a passion too!

Let me guess, Apple isn't "cool" enough for you.  Tongue

If people want to buy a phone that's not even a 3G phone and pay shit loads for it, let them.

Go Nokia!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »

If people want to buy a phone that's not even a 3G phone and pay shit loads for it, let them.

Go Nokia!

/jarmo

rofl

That's just fuckin hilarious. And the iphone sucks!
I send random MMS clips to my mates all the time, bits of stupid movies, random people falling asleep on the train, whatever. A phone that can't record video or send MMS these days is truly a POS.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 09:26:53 AM »

Go Nokia!

well talking about Nokia :
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/01/nokia-unlocks-anti-apple-campaign/

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »

Go Nokia!

/jarmo

rofl

I send random MMS clips to my mates all the time, bits of stupid movies, random people falling asleep on the train, whatever. A phone that can't record video or send MMS these days is truly a POS.

I use my phone to make and receive phone calls.  It does that pretty well.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 12:50:02 PM »

apple is taking over the world...get used to it....the ipod is the greatest invention this world has ever seen....i have over 800 store bought cds(been buying them since 1992)....and now i can put them ALL in my pocket....and i can throw a few movies on there too....why waste time ripping the iphone?? you know by this time next year the iphone will be perfected into the greatest device ever....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

why waste time ripping the iphone?? you know by this time next year the iphone will be perfected into the greatest device ever....

Today's iPhone isn't all that great.

It lacks several things. But they'll get there eventually....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »

Go Nokia!

/jarmo

rofl

I use my phone to make and receive phone calls.  It does that pretty well.

Yeah me too. I feel so old not using my phone to record video of random people falling asleep on trains.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »

Am I glad I didn?t buy an iPhone!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT&T sucks.

Got that? AT&T sucks. And I can say that. Know why? Because I am not using AT&T service. If I did, then I would have to agree to their Terms of Service, which say:

5.1 Suspension/Termination? In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes ? (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries.

So, if I used AT&T, I would not be able to post this blog entry.

You know what? That sucks. Not as much as gleefully acquiescing to give all their customer data over to the Bush Administration in violation of the Constitution, or censoring Pearl Jam, but it sucks nonetheless.

from BA
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 02:03:37 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: