Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:22:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terror attack averted in London
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terror attack averted in London  (Read 4461 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: June 29, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6255452.stm

Thank god the ambulance crew were so vigilant, i frakking hope some one bought them a drink for that

The worlds in a bad place right now

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:14:14 PM »

The terrorists are spineless scumbags...targeting innocent people. So glad these bombs did not go off.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »

say hello to the 21st century, why target england so much, i mean this type of thing shouldnt happen anywhere at all, but honestly why england the most at the moment?

I thought america was the most hated country by the east

html sucks
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »

Sadly, as many of these attacks that people are able to stop, it is impossible to really stop someone who wants to kill themselves, from doing just that and taking innocent life with them. I don't care how sophisticated your government, how compassionate your leaders are, how advanced your technology.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »

We don't know who targeted the club, but it was ladies night and before jumping to conclusions, it could be a nutter who hates women and not a muslim..

Who knows ?

But London is risky right now, two bombs in one day, a new prime minister, is it a warning ?

Nothing to say
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:49:33 PM »

We don't know who targeted the club, but it was ladies night and before jumping to conclusions, it could be a nutter who hates women and not a muslim..

Who knows ?

But London is risky right now, two bombs in one day, a new prime minister, is it a warning ?

hey i think even most english people dont like the fact hes took over.

html sucks
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 07:19:14 PM »

say hello to the 21st century, why target england so much, i mean this type of thing shouldnt happen anywhere at all, but honestly why england the most at the moment?

England is easier, both geographically and because the muslim community (a minority of it) is easier to radicalize because they are less integrated and economically worse off on average than muslims in the US.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »

England is easier, both geographically and because the muslim community (a minority of it) is easier to radicalize because they are less integrated and economically worse off on average than muslims in the US.

muslims own so many business's over here now i cant see why! they are doing well for themselves, fair play, i still dont like it though lol.

html sucks
Badapple89
Rocker

'Nobody told me there'd be days like these'

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »

Fuckin' arseholes

Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought religion was all about love

"Instant Karma's gonna get you!"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »

Fuckin' arseholes

it is, until some cunt twists the words to wage his own war.

its been happening for centuries, every religion is guilty of it, other  than budhists i think...

html sucks
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »

i LOVE this kind of attitude:

But Londoners ? with long experience in dealing with bombs and terrorism ? were not in hiding and the West End was bustling again by nightfall Friday.

"I know you can't live your life being scared," Natalie Huntley, 28, a tourist from Adelaide, Australia, said outside St. Paul's Cathedral even as police investigated another suspicious vehicle parked on nearby Fleet Street. "You've just got to keep going, don't you?"

if more people had that philosophy the terrorists could never "win". 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »

Who knows ?

Yeah, and Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny only work one day a year
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 02:33:35 AM »

No religion I'm aware of.

Buddhist are about as close as I can think of.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 03:07:05 AM »

Jesus once said, "Love one another as I have loved you"....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 03:19:00 AM »

Jesus once said, "Love one another as I have loved you"....

Too bad most did not listen.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 06:00:57 AM »

i LOVE this kind of attitude:

But Londoners ? with long experience in dealing with bombs and terrorism ? were not in hiding and the West End was bustling again by nightfall Friday.

"I know you can't live your life being scared," Natalie Huntley, 28, a tourist from Adelaide, Australia, said outside St. Paul's Cathedral even as police investigated another suspicious vehicle parked on nearby Fleet Street. "You've just got to keep going, don't you?"

if more people had that philosophy the terrorists could never "win". 

well youll always find that attitude in london. i hate the place , and those damn cockney accents Wink, but they have had it all, bombed to rubble, nails bombs from irish, the attack in 2005. so much, i think they are used to it.

html sucks
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 06:28:15 AM »

Well, no, you don't really get used to it. It still shocks you when something like this happens, and you think that it could had been a terrible massacre, or that maybe next time they will choose the place where you are having drinks, but what are we supposed to do? Stay at home? I don't think so. I was out in Soho last weekend and I will be again this one.

mrlee, London is a great place  beer  Whay do you hate it?  Cry

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 06:32:58 AM »

Well, no, you don't really get used to it. It still shocks you when something like this happens, and you think that it could had been a terrible massacre, or that maybe next time they will choose the place where you are having drinks, but what are we supposed to do? Stay at home? I don't think so. I was out in Soho last weekend and I will be again this one.

mrlee, London is a great place  beer  Whay do you hate it?  Cry

too many people, too busy for a small village boy like me.

the cars drive twice as fast round those streets than they do even in birmingham town, its just non stop, police speeding around everywhere sirens blasting all the time. Its just a very different city from what im used to and i dont like places that i feel in danger in because i have no knowledge of it.

which bit of london was it i went to now....hmmm we will rock you was by where i went thats all i can point out which  is recognisable.

html sucks
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 06:56:49 AM »

mrlee, London is a great place? beer? Whay do you hate it?? Cry

too many people, too busy for a small village boy like me.

the cars drive twice as fast round those streets than they do even in birmingham town, its just non stop, police speeding around everywhere sirens blasting all the time. Its just a very different city from what im used to and i dont like places that i feel in danger in because i have no knowledge of it.

which bit of london was it i went to now....hmmm we will rock you was by where i went thats all i can point out which? is recognisable.

Ah! That was Tottenham Court Road. Hahaha, no wonder, thats the busiest part of London, commercial area and just right next to Soho. But London is a big place, not everywhere is like that. I'm gonna have to give you a tour  ok  You'll change your mind.

I can see your point. Funny thing is, I think that's the reason I like it. I'm a countryside girl, I grew up in a farm, and god, I was bored to death....

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:05 AM »

Excellent work by British authorities in stopping what would have been something very tragic.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: