Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Missing Slash Fix
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Missing Slash Fix  (Read 2543 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:47 AM »

After listening to Libertad (which is a really poor effort compared to Contraband), it seems as though Slash has barely played on the album. There are absolutely no memorable solos and none longer than half a minute on the album. The only solos I liked were the "Gravedancer" outro and the solo from "Can't Get It Out Of My Head".

On songs like "Let It Roll" and "Just 16", his guitar seems to be pushed behind, only on the right channel and is barely audible. They always used to be front and center? Slash said that Josh Abraham didn't know how to record guitars, but I find his work on Contraband way better than Brian's work, at least with regard to Slash's guitar mix.

Fuck 'Em All.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:47:36 AM »

Maybe your speakers suck, cause I can clearly hear Slash. Yes he's in the right speaker for the most part (except on solos), but that's no different from G N' R. Back in the day it's Izzy panned hard left and Slash panned hard right except for solos which are in the center.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 03:53:19 AM »

...Slash panned hard right except for solos which are in the center.

That's what I'm talking about, the solos. I know Slash's rhythm parts and riffs are usually on the right channel, but the solos used to be center. Now everything is on the right channel for songs like "Let It Roll" and "Just 16". And no, my speakers don't suck.

Fuck 'Em All.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 04:11:03 AM »

I think you misread him Genesis, he said the solos ARE in the center, which, indeed they are.  I was checking just to make sure, and strangely I came across a weird noise when listening to "Last Fight". At 3:11 in the song, it sounds like someone with a cold taking a bit old sniff.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 04:54:07 AM »

After listening to Libertad (which is a really poor effort compared to Contraband), it seems as though Slash has barely played on the album. There are absolutely no memorable solos and none longer than half a minute on the album.

i think exactly the opposite.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 07:29:30 AM »

After listening to Libertad (which is a really poor effort compared to Contraband), it seems as though Slash has barely played on the album. There are absolutely no memorable solos and none longer than half a minute on the album. The only solos I liked were the "Gravedancer" outro and the solo from "Can't Get It Out Of My Head".

On songs like "Let It Roll" and "Just 16", his guitar seems to be pushed behind, only on the right channel and is barely audible. They always used to be front and center? Slash said that Josh Abraham didn't know how to record guitars, but I find his work on Contraband way better than Brian's work, at least with regard to Slash's guitar mix.

I agree, not enough Slash for me.  I thought he was showcased MUCH more on Contraband.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 09:48:22 AM »

Yes i think Slash is under used in this band. I think they sould use Mike Clink to record from now on.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:36:33 PM »

Because Slash isn't the band like Axl is GNR. ok

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »

well i think slash has done some great work on this album

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

rofl rofl rofl

The person that posted after this...

Because Slash isn't the band like Axl is GNR. ok

... goes by the screename slashisvr      Tongue
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »

hihi
Yeah, that is pretty funny.

Yeah, I believe Slash doesn't want to take the spotlight all the time so he kept it very good.
greendog
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »

Yeah, I believe Slash doesn't want to take the spotlight all the time so he kept it very good.
i agree.

any band slash is in now could easily be the next Snakepit. i like that hes holding back and letting the band shine with the occasional solo. its fucking killer. the band WORKS. they dont rely on one single force to drive the band, its all 5 of them.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »

i agree.

any band slash is in now could easily be the next Snakepit. i like that hes holding back and letting the band shine with the occasional solo. its fucking killer. the band WORKS. they dont rely on one single force to drive the band, its all 5 of them.
I think it would work BETTER if Slash took the spotlight a little more.  Just my opinion.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 11:33:02 AM »

Yes i think Slash is under used in this band. I think they sould use Mike Clink to record from now on.

yeah I think they should give Clink a try for their next album too, even though O'Brian has done an excellent job from what I have heard of this album. I'd say either stick with him, or try Clink again and see what he can do for them.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: