Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 24 Sydney
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 24 Sydney  (Read 13223 times)
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »

Fuck we need seriously some bootlegs from these 2 awesome shows!  peace

ben9785
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »

Great show again. What can I say. Fucking shame they didn't do "Chinese Democracy" but oh well. Yep, so sad to see them go. I'm sitting here at work now, my hearing at a reduced level, neck still sore from thrashing along and feeling like shit but fuck, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks GNR. Come back real soon.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

Thanks to everyone who gave us the updates and reviews and everything!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2007, 08:57:44 PM »

nice boys...fuck yeah!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2007, 10:20:05 PM »

Wonder what Axl will be doing for the next week, before heading off the NZ?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »

Trying to heal from another hangover? hihi

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »

fucking brilliant show.

i was like 2m from front in the dead centre.

best concert of my life.

The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2007, 11:28:12 PM »

I went to both Sydney shows.

Saturday Gold Standing.

I was 1 off the fence slightly right of center. Awesome view, but the price for this view was sound quality. I couldn't hear axls voice on alot of songs, the bass was so loud/intense at times it drowned out alot of the other instruments. I was so looking forward to hearing better live, and only that I know the words back to front, I could follow the song, otherwise it was just noise.

There was no real mosh pit which was awesome.
Stock standard setlist. My high lights WTTJ, NT and of course Nice boys with Angry Anderson. Axl nailed this song like it was 1988.
Nice work to the absolute stunner who got up on shoulders topless and rubbed her 10/10 rack during SCOM.
Also Baz...what a legend. Knows how to get a crowd pumping.

Sunday night - Gold Seating
No sound problems this time.....and being able to see the whole stage in one view makes the show even better. I would recommend to anyone going to shows and are deciding whether to gets GOLD seats or to stand seats are by far the best option.
I could hear the new tracks so much clearer and the visual spectacular was well done.
After better, some clown in the front rows yelled something at AXL and he walked to the front of stage saying something along the lines of " who the fuck said that...
come on motherfucker...your about to be out......while the rest of us stay here and have a good night" something like that anyway. There's still a bit of i'll fuckin bite you attitude left in Axl..good to see.
Axl was in a better mood tonight and interacted with the crowd more.
All round an awesome unforgettable 2 nights of Guns n Roses. I'll never forget it.
One last thing as he was thanking the crowd and Austalia for the tour he said " we will see you next time " ?Fuck I hope so.

Those who whinge about the late times have a look whats printed on your ticket
"A late night rock and roll extravaganza"

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »

omfg best night of life. I turned 18 in the final notes of welcome to the jungle!! I thought i wasnt fuckin going to see the best band ever because nobody would lend me money, turns out my friends had all pitched in and they picked me up on the way.

I was fuckin front row centre!! Literally, i was in DEAD centre. so good so good man axls voice was hell-a goood. By the way, you can take out the question mark it was DEFINETLY people get ready. Definetly!! I actually liked richard fortus' guitar playing best.. he didnt over play.. tho neither did finck, except hes a bit wierd. He did slashs solo's okay tho. Frank ferrer is awesome...

Did neone notice Bas sang the 2nd verse of Youth gone wild twice? hahah and he stayed on stage after my michelle for some reason and was like singing patience...

Overall awesomeness, they new songs sound better on leaks in my opinion, although madagascar was awesome and the blues wasnt bad... Guns and fuckn roses
pdaldridge
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2007, 11:59:09 PM »

A couple of other great! moments from this show...don't quote me but...
After the dude got chucked out Axls off stage, comes back on saying something like..."People will say it's all scripted...guy says something...Axl gets pissed off...pulls the fuckin' band off stage..."...seemed to be having a crack...
When Axl came back on stage ready to sing Patience both Robin and Richard hadn't come back on after disappearing for a bit...Axl says sarcastically in his mic..."Guitarists, guitarists...need some fuckin guitarists"...then..."I'll do my impression of Little Miss Sunshine"...and bending down on his haunches lets out a big "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK"...awesome...like to see the vid of that.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2007, 11:59:53 PM »

So, night two!
Got to the arena during Rose Tattoos set and wasted some more money on merch. Replacement poster for the one ruined by the guy who spilled the coke on the first night, and a Seb Bach 'white light' shirt.
Bach was awesome as I've come to expect- they guy was born to be on stage! He stopped one of the songs in the into to tell of a security guard stopping someone from taking a photo. He then posed for the guys photo- would like to see that picture somewhere!
Someone passed out in his set. He said "What someones passed out before GnR have even come out?!" He then sung the start of WTTJ so the guy got some value!
Before Youth Gone Wild when he was getting the crowd to chant for the intro before 'walking off' because we weren't loud enough, some guy near me thought he was being serious and got pissed, started booing and doing a 'bullshit' chant!  hihi
When is Angel Down finally coming out? Between You Don't Understand, Stuck Inside, American Metal Head and By Your Side, that's going to be an awsome album.
We waited a bit longer tonight, but hey, didn't care at all.
Again, what the hell can you say- it was an amazing show in every way.
After Better some guy was obviously yelling shit- so Axl says "I think you should leave." And when he didn't he went "I really think you should go." then said something how he hopes he finds what he's looking for, but it aint here. When the guy was getting taken out he said how "we're all stuck here having a bad time" in a mock deep voice- damn funny and the crowd got a kick from it!
I was amazed- Axl didn't even let it phase him, and if anything he was in higher spirits after- like we got rid of the idiot, now its just GnR and the real fans! He said how it was typical that "they had to put an asshole in (the crowd) on the last night".
IRS was much better today- the sound which ruined the song last night was awesome tonight.
Shame that they didn't put ChiDem in insted of Maddy, but I didn't mind- Maddy is so awesome live, I love it!
KOHD- the crowd was pretty damn loud during the sing along, but Axl somehow got more from us, teasing us how we weren't using our full potential so got us to do another sing along- my god- I think every single person in the arena yelled it at the top of their lungs!
The band were as tight as the night before. Again Rich and BBF really stood out to me. I don't know, I wasn't a fan of Robins solo, but the other guys were awesome. Dizzy again really impressed with his solo.
Also a cool note was that Bach sat on the stairs during Patience after My Michelle and did some back up vocals.
Great to see Angry again for another Nice Boys. Much better than the first night- Angry seemed alot more comfortable exchanging verses, even getting in some screams over Axl!
Axl just amazed me. Not just his performance, but his attitude. He seems so relaxed, energetic and appreciative. He looked to be having so much fun with Angery, really enjoying himself. A different Axl then people like to think.
Overall- the last two nights have been amazing. All bands were fantastic, both crowds were great.
Got home at 3am, went to bed at 3:30, woke up at 6am, did a university exam at 8:30. Was it worth being exhausted, and unable to think straight? Fuck yer!
And I finally got to see Guns N' Fucking Roses... twice!
Sad to see them leave Australia, but hope they keep the momentum of this tour up, and we'll see them back here again. Hopefully sooner than 14 years this time!
 peace
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2007, 12:09:13 AM »

A couple of other great! moments from this show...don't quote me but...
After the dude got chucked out Axls off stage, comes back on saying something like..."People will say it's all scripted...guy says something...Axl gets pissed off...pulls the fuckin' band off stage..."...seemed to be having a crack...
When Axl came back on stage ready to sing Patience both Robin and Richard hadn't come back on after disappearing for a bit...Axl says sarcastically in his mic..."Guitarists, guitarists...need some fuckin guitarists"...then..."I'll do my impression of Little Miss Sunshine"...and bending down on his haunches lets out a big "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK"...awesome...like to see the vid of that.

oh hahahaha. I think Axl means the scene in which the son discovers that he is color blind, thus thwarting his plans to be an Air Force pilot. The kid who had taken a vow of silence and hadn't spoken in months, storms from the van, falls to his hands and knees and screams "FUUUUUUCKKKK!"

Seriously great movie and a very funny mention by Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2007, 12:11:44 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that too, he opened up Youth Gone Wild with the second verse... hihi
I guess Baz needs a teleprompter these days too! rofl

Baz was in good spirits because it was the last show of the tour for him and he said planned on getting absolutely blind drunk afterwards. I think that's why he stayed on after My Michelle to sing a bit of Patience. I doubt Axl would kick him off anyway.

Other mentions: the whole band is so fuckin into it and enthusiastic and full of energy, you can't help but enjoy it, at least that's what I felt anyway. The entire band runs all over the stage (aside from Dizzy, Frank and Chris of course) and nearly run into eachother in doing so. A couple of times during Richard's spinning thing he does, he nearly spun into Axl! hihi

Robin: A class-one weirdo, that's for sure. Looks like a goofball (a likeable one though) the way he twists and contorts his body, but a fantastic player and definitely an original character up there. And he was full of smiles, which was great to see. beer

Richard: Man, this guy is like Izzy on speed. Slams the shit out of his guitar when he plays it, and nearly hit himself with his guitar a couple of times too. His solo was another highlight (as were all of them) and he can really shred. There was one part where was finger picking this really fast shredding stuff, I was like "quit showing off!" Grin

Ron: A class act, his soloing/shredding was awesome throughout. He played all of Buckets parts spot on as well as adding his own spin on songs, and the fretless guitar soloing in Nightrain... WOW!

Frank: I've never seen Brain live aside from boots, but fuck me, Frank is a monster behind the kit. Played everything amazingly and was really into it throughout.

But the biggest impression I got though is how powerful and tight this band is, every song sounds HUGE, and I can admit that 'being tight' wasn't exactly what the old band were famous for, and that's not so much a dig as an observation. Axl was in top form throughout, the only songs he struggled with were IRS and Better, which are really hard to sing anyway.

Axl said after the singalong during Knockin "Sydney hasn't reached it's potential, so we're gonna do it again" to which he belted it out again and the crowd responded much more enthusiastically.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Chief
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »

it's so great to read all these reviews.... makes me happy to see that everyone is having a good time!! on to NZ and Japan!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2007, 06:12:45 AM »

Thanks to all the updaters and reviewers of the Sydney shows.? It's been great to live vicariously through your shared accounts of the shows.? ?ok

Here's hoping that New Zealand and Japan prove as enjoyable and successful for all concerned.? ?Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »

well said cyllan  ok

thank you to our updaters - and thank you to all the cool reviews, pics, vids that have popped up too - been great to hear all about the tour.   peace  sounds like the band have really enjoyed Australia - am sure it will be the same for NZ and Japan - I look forward to hearing about it  beer
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:09 AM »

thanks for all the great reviews people
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

So many nice and amusing tidbits...
thousand thanks for the updates and reviews, everyone!

Aussie, aussie aussie!
Amazing people get amazing shows(and updates Grin ). 

Chief
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »

anyone know when and which tour was the last tour they did Nice Boys on?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »

anyone know when and which tour was the last tour they did Nice Boys on?

Must've been 1993.

In Europe?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: