Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy World Tour! Thoughts about album release.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy World Tour! Thoughts about album release.  (Read 8548 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »

I know, this is not a new discussion. And no one can actuelly give an answer on when Guns N Roses next album will be released.
Guns N Roses has been touring alot the last year. Starting with the NY dates, and then a great amount of Europe, and US dates.
After a couple of months break, GNR are now on the road again, playing for sold out arenas in Mexico, Austrailia and soon NZ and
Japan. New songs like Better, IRS, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, The Blues is played live. This is also songs that have made the
way to the internet. At least Demo versions.

The strange thing at this point. Is the release of the album. Most of us, saw a glittering light at the enda of a decade long tunnel
last year, when GNR was back with full streangth. They went back to the studio to finish it up. We know they have been doing
final mixes of the album. This is what we know to this date. Its been a couple of months since the news, that the releasedate had
been delayed because of varius problems with booking time to finish the last minute stuff. I guess this is things that happens to
almost every bands. But what kind problems can be delaying the album further?

We know the band have a hadfull of shows left this summer. And who knows, maybe they are planning on doing more shows around
the world troughout 2007. But when will the cd drop? And when will we get any information on it?
Will there be more leaks before we can find it in the recordshops? I really hope not! It would be kind of sad, if there was demos
of every song. on the cd, even before we had a release date. We know there is more demos out there, and that some of the demos
dont represent the final mixes on the record. But what is really holding the release back?

This is no critic to GNR at all, and i dont care when they release it, but i will be very happy when this information, a single, or even a
artwork booklet is confirmed.

It will be interesting to see whats going to happend after the Japan dates. Maybe this is GNRs plan. To play the hell out of the current set
all over the world, before they start fokusing on the new stuff. I dont know. This is just pure speculation. And i think that it is really important for them
to give the Gunners all over the world? a good old GNR show. Before they start blowing out more new songs. Who knows. Maybe the setlist and stage
performance will change alot! The setlist played by GNR now, is FUCKING AMAZING! Reading review on this site, makes me think about GNR exactly one year ago, when they played in Oslo, the most amazing show i have ever seen.

But then again. Is the album ready now? Are we standing at the end of the old gnr era, with a new era right infront of us? But time has made us blind,
and made some of us belive this will never happend. And then! Then it all happens!
Anyway. i have lost time perspective in the GNR world. I do belive it will be out, but i dont check the messageboards or websites for a releasedate anymore. I check them to get some kind of info about the tour. But im pretty sure the shock will be big, when we suddently will get a real realease date.
And the waves set in motion. It will be unreal. But will it happen this year? Next year? Or maybe tomorrow? I guess its impossible to even make a
good guess at this point.

To everyone with a ticket in theyr hands for the world tour! You have a great fucking expirience infront of you! Dont throw it away with any "setlist wishes" Cuz any fucking moment on this show is magic! Even if u get to hear rocket queen or not.? ok
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:41:12 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »

hi that post has no point

i predict this will be deleted

nice try tho i guess Sad
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »

nice try tho i guess Sad

The topic should get changed any way... Come on Nytunz, you should know better than posting titles like that... Getting our hope up and all  no
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »

Just so you know, it's not the Chinese Democracy tour.

If it was, I'm sure they'd be playing in Europe and North America too. They're just playing for people who haven't had the chance to see the band yet.

Fans in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan don't deserve anything less than those of us who happen to live in Europe or North America.

I'm still very confident that the album will be out as soon as possible. I've always believed that.

I also suspect that once the album is out, we'll see the Chinese Democracy World Tour promoting it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 06:43:41 PM »

If it was, I'm sure they'd be playing in Europe and North America too. They're just playing for people who haven't had the chance to see the band yet.

Fans in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan don't deserve anything less than those of us who happen to live in Europe or North America.

/jarmo

Well, thats exactly what i was wrighting.
But i belive it has been called "chinese democracy world tour" varius places

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »

I know it was called that in Australia and New Zealand. But wasn't in Mexico or Japan because those places have different promoters.

As far as I know, none of the t-shirts sold out the shows call it that.

Unfortunately these kinds of things create confusion.

Soon somebody will hold it against the band "for calling it the Chinese Democracy World Tour" when they didn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 07:06:54 PM »

I know it was called that in Australia and New Zealand. But wasn't in Mexico or Japan because those places have different promoters.

Soon somebody will hold it against the band "for calling it the Chinese Democracy World Tour" when they didn't.

/jarmo

Yeah, i think its  already been done some places. But its something the promotors should take on theyr bill. Coz yeah, it is confusing.
I think the album will be released when its ready. There is no reason to release it before it is. Thats why i dont complain about it.
But what can be holding it up, when it has been so close to be released?

nice try tho i guess Sad

Well, you can say that this post has no point. But when will anything GNR related have a point i some people eyes? When we have a releasedate? When anything big happens in the GNR world? I think the current tour is a big thing. And im happy for the people who get to see them. It seams like the good old discussions about what GNR actually is doin right NOW! dont mean anything to some people (not talink about you).

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »

promoters in japan are handing out fliers with the photos of the old band.
sure thing its confusing.

hopefully the album will drop soon.
because I'm interested  in hearing the music, not reading tour updates from Iowa.

it's kinda confusing when they dont bother to mention the album at least once since february.
it seems like the album is farther from release than it was a year ago, when there was so much "signs" of it actually happening.

/jarmo

I think we had those threads after the 2002 tour.
and without a doubt, that was a chinese democracy world tour.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »

at some point you would have to think that the rest of the band is going to get sick and tired of playing other people's music when they have an entire cd of their own music that they are not playing live for the most part....it makes them look like axl's hired guns more than actual members of their own band......i want to see robin jam out to his own shit, not slash's.....the cd needs to be released before any more live shows are performed and hopefully the next tour will be primarily new music
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:59:34 PM by TWAT RULES » Logged
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »

at some point you would have to think that the rest of the band is going to get sick and tired of playing other people's music when they have an entire cd of their own music that they are not playing live for the most part....it makes them look like axl's hired guns more than actual members of their own band......i want to see robin jam out to his own shit, not slash's.....the cd needs to be released before any more live shows are performed and hopefully the next tour will be primarily new music

agreed . these guys are way too good to be playing mostly cover songs.....they are so talented and they need the new material to show that they are capable of doing more than covers and we all know they sure are....just hope they get that chance.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 08:25:44 PM »

They will be fine as long as they get their paychecks
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 10:09:12 PM »

/jarmo

Then that means they did. They called it that in at least those two countries, calling it something else in Mexico doesn't change that. I know my ticket said "Chinese Democracy World Tour". I don't have a problem with it being called that either btw, I'm just saying lets not re-write history.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »

/jarmo

Then that means they did. They called it that in at least those two countries, calling it something else in Mexico doesn't change that. I know my ticket said "Chinese Democracy World Tour". I don't have a problem with it being called that either btw, I'm just saying lets not re-write history.

exactly. promoters get the name of a tour from the band. the promoters are not internet nerds like us and dont know what the name of the album is. the scan of tickets i have seen all say "Chinese Democracy World Tour" on it.....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 07:46:31 AM »

exactly. promoters get the name of a tour from the band.

Prove it!

I know what I was told by several people who I consider more reliable in the matter than you. Just prove what you're saying for once instead of repeating your opinion as a fact.

/jarmo

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 07:52:22 AM »

Prove it!

I know what I was told by several people who I consider more reliable in the matter than you. Just prove what you're saying for once instead of repeating your opinion as a fact.

/jarmo

I'm not being a smart arse so dont take this the wrong way but were you told that Guns N' Roses said it was cool for the promoter to call it the chinese cemocracy world tour?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »

Prove it!

/jarmo

I'm not being a smart arse so dont take this the wrong way but were you told that Guns N' Roses said it was cool for the promoter to call it the chinese cemocracy world tour?

peace

Ask ibelieveinaxl. That's what he claims.

I'm saying that's not the name of these shows.

As far as I know, even the t-shirts they're selling at the shows say World Tour 2007.

/jarmo

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 10:43:41 AM »

Promoters say what they want. Those japanese promoters even used old band's pics to promote those shows. That's just ridiculous. Wink
Here in Brazil, idealite says they're trying to confirm Gn'R here. They're using new band's pics, they found a lot of cool pics. Is that hard for promoters to do that? Don't think so. Even if they'll not bring Gn'R to Brazil, they're working, not getting old pics to promote the show (that might happen - I hope so).

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 12:18:51 PM »

So is what your saying that the band has no control, veto or authority over what name the tour is given?

Is it really all 100% up to the promoter? Surely at some point the band or someone in management would be at least told about what a show was being called?

So when my ticket says "Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy World Tour" - the band was in no way aware that the show was called that? I mean even if a promoter chose that name, if the band didn't object then surely that would be because they are "ok" with the tour being named that.

If the situation is otherwise, it means hypothetically the promoter might have called the tour "Guns N Roses -  Giant Popcorn of Gold World Tour" or something else - even something offensive and your saying the band would come on and play no problems? and no one would be fired for this?

I don't see the apparent need to distance the band from the name of the tour. I know its embarrassing for us fans that the album isn't out yet. But playing with semantics like this won't help.

ITs not like we're going from something bootleg here, the official tickets to the shows named the tour "Chinese Democracy" and to my knowledge the band did not make any announcement that this was wrong. If it is...well its bad business to say the least.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »

So is what your saying that the band has no control, veto or authority over what name the tour is given?

Is it really all 100% up to the promoter? Surely at some point the band or someone in management would be at least told about what a show was being called?

So when my ticket says "Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy World Tour" - the band was in no way aware that the show was called that? I mean even if a promoter chose that name, if the band didn't object then surely that would be because they are "ok" with the tour being named that.

If the situation is otherwise, it means hypothetically the promoter might have called the tour "Guns N Roses -? Giant Popcorn of Gold World Tour" or something else - even something offensive and your saying the band would come on and play no problems? and no one would be fired for this?

I don't see the apparent need to distance the band from the name of the tour. I know its embarrassing for us fans that the album isn't out yet. But playing with semantics like this won't help.

ITs not like we're going from something bootleg here, the official tickets to the shows named the tour "Chinese Democracy" and to my knowledge the band did not make any announcement that this was wrong. If it is...well its bad business to say the least.

memo to jarmo...look at the tickets and this guys post. whether you like it or not, the tour is the "Chinese Democracy Tour." sorry if that pisses you off but it is what it is...go ask beta about it....

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »

if it's not the CD world tour... how is it called?

"japan australia mexico new zeland africa  tour"?

or "the world tour minus europe and north america" tour?!

or "this is not a world tour" tour?

and here's a question..
does a band have to visit every country in the world if it wants to have a world tour?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: