Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist suggestions...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist suggestions...  (Read 9970 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 04:02:53 PM »

Time to leak more songs or release a damn single? ?hihi

damn right leaks equal change in setlist hihi

mean bone man you didn't have to be so nasty..

Not everyone comes here the way some do ,so not every topic is old to them,..

I remember when vr had one album (well still do) people bitched about setlist ,new gnr has tons of material, it's easy to switch up from time to time..
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 04:03:45 PM »

Woah Meanbone you seem so self-confident... Very impressive.

How does it feel being an "internet gladiator" ? Is your ass at least seated comfortably to decree who is a fan and who is not ?

Look Spartacus, if you don't like this thread, why don't you post somewhere else ? There are enough threads for the groupies, me thinks...

I'll download it !
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 04:05:03 PM »

Once again for the millionth time......the setlist isn't catered to a bunch of people hunkered behind a computer screen waiting to download the latest phone mp3 of a song.? The setlist is for the people all over the world who go to see GNR perform once.? Maybe you should go start trading Greatful Dead bootlegs??

You're right, these GNR shows are for the people with no interest in the new album and no knowledge of who's in the band. And that's exactly why these gigs are a huge letdown for some of the bigger fans.

Whoa there cowboy, stop putting words into my mouth. ? So far everyone's been pretty stoked at these gigs regardless of the setlist. ?You touched on one little thing, maybe a lot of the people don't know who's exactly in the band, but they go and they see them perform and they're like goddamn these guys can play, now I can't wait for the new album. ?So before you go saying these shows are a "huge letdown" go read all the reviews and go watch a show for yourself. ?They fucking rock and they rock with purpose. ?Like I said, just because you're addicted to this message board doesn't make you the say so in what people think about GNR. ?If you feel the need to live in the past and shit, then by all means go lock yourself in a fucking closet and listen to some concert from 1988......then maybe you'll be happy and you can let Axl stick to doing what he does....well you know...since he's the star and you're well....some guy bitching about how the same setlist night after night sucks blah blah. ?If you knew anything about touring...I'm not even gonna go into that, enjoy your closet and 19-whenever. ?peace

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »

i wish you had a brain dude... it'd help in orther to actually contribute to a thing we call discussion.
 Kiss
Woah Meanbone you seem so self-confident... Very impressive.

How does it feel being an "internet gladiator" ? Is your ass at least seated comfortably to decree who is a fan and who is not ?

Look Spartacus, if you don't like this thread, why don't you post somewhere else ? There are enough threads for the groupies, me thinks...

Chinese Democracy!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »

i haven't seen u in ages estranged. thanks for sticking up  beer

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »

Not yet.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »

I haven't seen GN'R since 2002, and the way the current set list is going I would like to hear it..Im hoping they do a few shows in the U.S. this fall with this kind of setlist before cd comes out so I can see it, than change it up after cd comes out so I can see it again with a cd heavy set-list. Of course this is assuming the rest of Cd is as good as what we've heard.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »

i miss rocket queen

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »

i miss rocket queen

one of the best tunes..... I heard it live...

I want less afd simply because it's a new band, if it was old give me the ritz show again..
badapple81
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 08:27:33 AM »

I think we forget that we might follow each setlist on the internet each day, but each of these audiences is seeing it as a once off.
zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »

Just some random thoughts re the setlist - not complaining, just daydreaming.? If the tour swings back this way (east coast US), folks would obviously like to see something different - here's some suggestions:

* Drop 'Live and Let Die' and 'Knockin on Heaven's Door':? I think he's playing these two because they're widely recognizable songs that older folks and parental 'chaperones' would appreciate.? IMO they're stale and too reminiscent of Slash.? I think the show would be served better if Rose picked up some 'new' oldies - we'd still recognize them, but they'd be 'fresh' as well..

* More 'Use Your Illusion':? There seems to be only two originally written Illusion songs in the show ('You Could be Mine' and 'November Rain').? Adding 'Civil War' and/or 'Coma' would be nice.? If Izzy returns, use '14 Years' or 'Dust & Bones' in place of his Appetite songs.

* More punk:? I was lucky enough to catch 'Down on the Farm' at the Baltimore show, but still would have loved to see 'Reckless Life'? or something else from Like a Suicide or Spaghetti Incident.? Punk always gets the crowd moving..

* Make 'There Was a Time' standard fare:? This song rocks, period.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:55:18 AM by zigthis » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 11:53:16 AM »

I could'nt agree more about dropping Heaven's door and Live and Let die

I could'nt agree more about adding Illusion songs. I love those albums to death.

I disagree about adding more punk type stuff

I love TWAT and would love to hear it, as a matter of fact I would love to hear all of the newer stuff played every night

But like the Stones say " you can't always get...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »

yea this thread has never been done before.  Tongue
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 11:57:45 AM »

i think it is up to axl n' the band really whats played.

the one an only horsey !
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »

I would definitely agree about dropping LALD, however I think Knockin is too much of a classic to drop completely (maybe every other night would be good).

I wouldn't get your hopes up on the Illusion stuff. ?Axl has hinted in the past (Eddie Trunk) that he feels the majority of fans don't favor this material. ?And Coma is a Slash song so I'd say no hope of that being played.

But like you said, only daydreaming.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »

I would definitely agree about dropping LALD, however I think Knockin is too much of a classic to drop completely (maybe every other night would be good).

I wouldn't get your hopes up on the Illusion stuff. ?Axl has hinted in the past (Eddie Trunk) that he feels the majority of fans don't favor this material. ?And Coma is a Slash song so I'd say no hope of that being played.

But like you said, only daydreaming.

when did he hint that people didnt want the illusions material? i didnt hear that one....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

. ?And Coma is a Slash song so I'd say no hope of that being played.

The music may be Slash's baby, but Axl's lyrics, singing and emotion take the song way above where it was ever intended to go
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »

The music may be Slash's baby, but Axl's lyrics, singing and emotion take the song way above where it was ever intended to go

exactly. one of the best songs ever. the lyrics are ALL axl's....but yes, those riffs are very powerful......how great would it be if they busted it out? ok, ill go back to sleep....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my GNR favorites.  I just wouldn't get hopes up about it being played again.  That way we'll be awesomely surprised if it is. ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

I'd love to see Garden Of Eden. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: