Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist suggestions...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist suggestions...  (Read 9969 times)
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 10, 2006, 02:13:49 PM »

I am disappointed Axl is basically playing the EXACT same setlist as he did in 2002.......It would be great to hear more Illusion songs (Civil War would be great considering all the war shit going on) Double Talkin Jive would give the guitar players something to show their stuff on..... fuckin Right next door to hell would be killer, where's don't cry??? how about dead horse or estranged?? I dont expect to hear the songs Slash wrote the music for like Coma or anything like that but enough of Live and let die, its not even that good a song anyway....i was sick of it on the illusion tour......how about perfect crime or yesterdays.......................i would kill to hear 'used to love her' or you're crazy---the GNR lies version.....................enough of you could  be mine, its a great song but time to change...........Give welcome to the jungle a rest, I know all the fanboys wanna hear it but every show for 20 years is a lil much..its losing its luster.......bring it out as a set closer if you want...........Give Heaven's Door a rest..........Bring back anything goes or nice boys or reckless life if axl wants to get nostalgic............Its time to mix things up a little more
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »

they could juggle it a bit, there are tons of illusions tunes too... Sucks following anyone this closely or going to multiple shows in a short period it becomes the same thing over and over..
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »

i think everyone agrees. ?however, i think these are the only songs gnr will ever play until the cd is released.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 02:18:16 PM »

hmmm....where have I heard this before......  Roll Eyes

Axl is God.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

I think they should play My World. ?Over and over and over...
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »

maybe i am a lil more burnt out on some of those songs cuz I own over 130 GNR bootleg cds so it may seem redundant hearing jungle and live and let die over and over...and fact is axl has only played ?ahandful of shows in the last 13 years so basically all these songs are still fresh BUT time to see how axl and his improved vocal style (compared to 2002) can handle the Illusion songs
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »

I am disappointed Axl is basically playing the EXACT same setlist as he did in 2002.......It would be great to hear more Illusion songs (Civil War would be great considering all the war shit going on) Double Talkin Jive would give the guitar players something to show their stuff on..... fuckin Right next door to hell would be killer, where's don't cry??? how about dead horse or estranged?? I dont expect to hear the songs Slash wrote the music for like Coma or anything like that but enough of Live and let die, its not even that good a song anyway....i was sick of it on the illusion tour......how about perfect crime or yesterdays.......................i would kill to hear 'used to love her' or you're crazy---the GNR lies version.....................enough of you could  be mine, its a great song but time to change...........Give welcome to the jungle a rest, I know all the fanboys wanna hear it but every show for 20 years is a lil much..its losing its luster.......bring it out as a set closer if you want...........Give Heaven's Door a rest..........Bring back anything goes or nice boys or reckless life if axl wants to get nostalgic............Its time to mix things up a little more

i am disapointed ass holes like you keep on complaining day after day about the same subject, but you don't see me strating threads over it. so shut up, get a life. and fuck off will ya?  peace

Chinese Democracy!
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 02:22:10 PM »

TIME TO BAN MEATBONE.......this is a discussion forum not a forum to bash other members...see ya around
Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »

Time to leak more songs or release a damn single? ?hihi
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 02:28:29 PM »

Why they don't play "Civil War" at least is beyond me.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 02:29:09 PM »

Why they don't play "Civil War" at least is beyond me.
i know why, man...

its cuz they dont want to? Undecided
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »

TIME TO BAN MEATBONE.......this is a discussion forum not a forum to bash other members...see ya around

ban this ( pointing to my balls)

there were so many threads saying the same thing all over this month, if u wanted to participate in an argument  u could've continued there, instead u'r just polluting the forum with the same gargabe we've been getting for far too long. besides this is more dead horse talk than anything else.

Chinese Democracy!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 02:35:22 PM »

A changed setlist every once in a while would be great, but i'm just glad to have them back playing again.. the songs they play are good and I don't mind hearing them over and over ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

Well if Dublin is like most other gigs, then I'm sorry but people seem to love the tunes being played, esp the AFD stuff.
They are mixing up the order of the songs unlike some bands (especially thinking VR, Queen + Paul Rodgers, Iron Maiden who I've seen before) plus with no CD the general man in the street won't want to listen to that over the classics.

As a big fan I would like to see more variety but I'm not complaining about the songs played atm at all, just glad to see this music being played to be honest!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »

I am a GNR huge fan. And i loved seeing them in London, awsome. But you know i don't think it's wrong for someone to state an opinion or a criticism. ?Even if the point has been made by someone else before. Some will agree with it and others won't but to demand people only write what you want to hear or slate them as non fans or tell them to f off is ridiculous, childish. ?

I don't even think the set list criticism is a negative post. It's a valid point and if its a topic that keeps coming up, then it's a shared opinion. It's just saying a few changes to an old set list would be cool and add excitment to an already awsome show. I can't argue with that, ?would be awsome to hear some songs we haven't heard for a good 14 years come to life with the new band. ?I personally would love a 100% new tracks show which i know wont happen yet but i'd love that. ? ?Just keep things sounding fresh that's all, which is a ?good point for any band/artist.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »

Once again for the millionth time......the setlist isn't catered to a bunch of people hunkered behind a computer screen waiting to download the latest phone mp3 of a song.  The setlist is for the people all over the world who go to see GNR perform once.  Maybe you should go start trading Greatful Dead bootlegs??

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 02:59:26 PM »

there were so many threads saying the same thing all over this month, if u wanted to participate in an argument  u could've continued there, instead u'r just polluting the forum with the same gargabe we've been getting for far too long. besides this is more dead horse talk than anything else.

LOL I had a good chuckle over that one rofl ANd I agree with you. Fans don't make up endless topics bashing their band when (thank god) the band is back and making progress. Support GNR, there is enough negative bullshit surrounding the band already, at least us die hards should be postive.

IF you don't like the setlist, then here is a tip. Don't by a ticket to the shows, don't download the bootlegs, and don't read the tour posts.

Its really easy. Axl isn't play a different show for you every night, he is playing for the fans in a totally different country.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

I am going to say rather than banning Meatbone, we close this fucking thread or join it with one of 20 others that we have had on this topic in the last month.  He didn't mean it personal Mikepatton but it gets so fucking old when everyone posts the same shit over and over without doing a search and finding the same topic.  It's just been the same thing this past month every fucking day.  Rather than people fucking bitch about the setlist, be fucking happy they are playing again.  Axl can never fucking win and someone will always have a fucking problem with him.  If its ruining your life that bad that he plays the same setlist or they have too many guitar solos, don't listen to this band.  It's fucking Guns N' Roses, not some shitcan band with fuckhead fans that can just sit there and hate on them all the time. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 03:29:19 PM »

Once again for the millionth time......the setlist isn't catered to a bunch of people hunkered behind a computer screen waiting to download the latest phone mp3 of a song.? The setlist is for the people all over the world who go to see GNR perform once.? Maybe you should go start trading Greatful Dead bootlegs??

You're right, these GNR shows are for the people with no interest in the new album and no knowledge of who's in the band. And that's exactly why these gigs are a huge letdown for some of the bigger fans.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »

I am going to say rather than banning Meatbone, we close this fucking thread or join it with one of 20 others that we have had on this topic in the last month.  He didn't mean it personal Mikepatton but it gets so fucking old when everyone posts the same shit over and over without doing a search and finding the same topic.  It's just been the same thing this past month every fucking day.  Rather than people fucking bitch about the setlist, be fucking happy they are playing again.  Axl can never fucking win and someone will always have a fucking problem with him.  If its ruining your life that bad that he plays the same setlist or they have too many guitar solos, don't listen to this band.  It's fucking Guns N' Roses, not some shitcan band with fuckhead fans that can just sit there and hate on them all the time. 

yeah u're right, it wasn't personal. mikepatton was even kind enough to express his opinions in a polite way, wich i did not cuz i'm a lil' tired of this so called discussion myself.
and yeah instead of being greatful the tour is goin well, everyone is having fun, they're playin new songs, people still find a way to bitch about the setlist or arriving on time or whatever, when most of you haven't even seen them play live, u just sit your ass in front of a computer download bootlegs and read reviews. so until u experience them i think that sort of bashing opinions is NOT fan worthy and disgusts me to honest. and if u did see them live and u didn't like 'em, newsflash you don't really like the band, and since this is a fan forum for those who love the band i don't think we should be hearing about your complaints!

either find another band that u like, or stop wasting our time and forum space.

as Axl would put it. "my words may disturbe but at least there's a reaction"

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: