Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Chris Benoit...is a bitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Benoit...is a bitch.  (Read 21111 times)
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

The roid rage thing is the media trying to blame the wrestling industry for this. All the sports websites are already posting thier articals about the tragedies of the wrestling biz.  "Real" sports media outlets have always looked down on pro-wrestling anyway.
   The only thing that is up in the air now is the  toxicology report, which Im sure  will come out saying that he had steriods in his body, but I dont know if that will do anything to prove or disprove the "roid rage" issue. 
  Bottom line, he is now a murderer and his legacy is over, done, and gone.  Regardless of his work-rate.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »

The roid rage thing is the media trying to blame the wrestling industry for this. All the sports websites are already posting thier articals about the tragedies of the wrestling biz.  "Real" sports media outlets have always looked down on pro-wrestling anyway.
   The only thing that is up in the air now is the  toxicology report, which Im sure  will come out saying that he had steriods in his body, but I dont know if that will do anything to prove or disprove the "roid rage" issue. 
  Bottom line, he is now a murderer and his legacy is over, done, and gone.  Regardless of his work-rate.

Can wrestlers really have legacys??  Thats like saying Luke Skywalker has a legacy or Roy Hobbs (the natural) has a legacy.

THEY ARE JUST CHARACTERS!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:00:47 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007, 10:16:14 PM »

Actors cant have legacys?  Pro wrestlers are not actors.  Not in the traditional sense anyways.  They arent fictional characters, either. They are a hybrid of actor/athlete. They sortof portray themselves a lot of the time.  Chris Beniot IS his real name. Its true that the story-lines are scripted, but thats only HALF of what wrestling is. The other half is the wrestling itself.  That is where Benoit shined, and what his legacy WOULD have been.  So, to answer your question, yes, wrestlers can have legacys.   
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »

Wrestling is just fucking awful. Everyone is on steroids (including the fucking owner/commish) This is just another example of roided up wrestler dying way to soon. 50 fucking wrestlers have died before the age of 65 since 1985. 50!!!!!!!!!!

Just make this fucking fringe sport (if you can even call it that) just go away.

I feel so sorry for that idiots family

There's a lot goin on here.....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007, 10:56:33 PM »

Wrestling is just fucking awful. Everyone is on steroids (including the fucking owner/commish) This is just another example of roided up wrestler dying way to soon. 50 fucking wrestlers have died before the age of 65 since 1985. 50!!!!!!!!!!

Just make this fucking fringe sport (if you can even call it that) just go away.

I wish you would go away. You're boring.

Can wrestlers really have legacys??  Thats like saying Luke Skywalker has a legacy or Roy Hobbs (the natural) has a legacy.

THEY ARE ACTORS!!!!!!

LOLZ, u betterz believds i!t!, fuck Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Eastwoods and those other shits. Haha, good one man, right on the fucking money!, asl?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »

Actors cant have legacys?  Pro wrestlers are not actors.  Not in the traditional sense anyways.  They arent fictional characters, either. They are a hybrid of actor/athlete. They sortof portray themselves a lot of the time.  Chris Beniot IS his real name. Its true that the story-lines are scripted, but thats only HALF of what wrestling is. The other half is the wrestling itself.  That is where Benoit shined, and what his legacy WOULD have been.  So, to answer your question, yes, wrestlers can have legacys.   

actors aren't playing themselves.  tom hanks has a legacy, not forest gump.  benoit might have been a good athlete, but what makes his "legacy" are his championships and title belts right?  the biggest loser in the history of wrestling was probably a good athlete as well (faking getting your ass kicked is probably just as hard as kicking someones ass) yet they don't have legacys.  its whoever has the best schtick and can get the crowd going, thus becoming the champ and getting all the spotlight.

sorry, i just don't see it. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 11:01:59 PM »

THEY ARE ACTORS!!!!!!

LOLZ, u betterz believds i!t!, fuck Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Eastwoods and those other shits. Haha, good one man, right on the fucking money!, asl?

do you say clint eastwood has a legacy or dirty harry has a legacy?

see the difference?

BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:13 PM »

They are not actors. Or Athletes. They are roided up douche bags running around in underwear. They make way too much money to entertain mouth breathing rednecks. And Vince McMann is the most greedy, heartless, juice monkey on the face of the earth

There's a lot goin on here.....
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 11:07:04 PM »

His championships and title belts dont make his legacy. ?His performances do. ?Just like Hanks' and Brando's performances make thier legacys. ?Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, etc., they arent fictional characters in the sense that you are talking about. ?Bottom line, I was talking about his "wrestling legacy." ?Benoit was a wrestler. ?Get it?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »

They are not actors. Or Athletes. They are roided up douche bags running around in underwear. They make way too much money to entertain mouth breathing rednecks. And Vince McMann is the most greedy, heartless, juice monkey on the face of the earth

its spelled McMahon

i can see you are very knowledgable in the Wrestling Industry

alot of their moves are improvised they just have an amount of time and an outcome they have to respect...as for actors...some of them are better than others. but you cant be a wrestler without selling it both physically in the ring and by cutting promos on the mike

His championships and title belts dont make his legacy.  His performances do.  Just like Hanks' and Brando's performances make thier legacys.  Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, etc., they arent fictional characters in the sense that you are talking about.  Bottom line, I was talking about his "wrestling legacy."  Benoit was a wrestler.  Get it?

they dont get it thats why they are arguing with you, they dont care about wrestling yet are the first to know exactly whats going on Roll Eyes

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2007, 11:16:47 PM »

His championships and title belts dont make his legacy.  His performances do.  Just like Hanks' and Brando's performances make thier legacys.  Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, etc., they arent fictional characters in the sense that you are talking about.  Bottom line, I was talking about his "wrestling legacy."  Benoit was a wrestler.  Get it?

But it is fictional.  Do you think that was his persona all the time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNeKVxMTp8

get 20 seconds in and listen to Benoit....is this really HIM or is he acting?  I can't stop laughing after watching that.  It so over the top - so funny. 

They ARE fictional characters, exaggerations of real people. if you think their wrestling personas are how they are outside of the ring you've been watching too much TV.  watch hogan in the ring and then watch Hogan Knows best - two different people.

I guess I see your point though - the lines between reality and fiction get blurred since his character and his real life self share the same name.  Hes an actor but instead of playing someone else, hes just playing an exaggeration.  Either way, didn't mean to upset anyone.   peace
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:19:37 PM by Lil' Butters » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:25 PM »

wow are you telling me that tv characters are fictional? no shit....hmmm

these people have a hand in creating their own characters... some have more of themselves in their characters than others do... everybody knows its all staged, get a grip

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Dude, dont talk to me like Im 8. ?Ive already made my point. ?You refuse to acknowledge it because of your narrow view of wrestling. ?Whatever. ?I know its fictional, but Chris Beniot was a REAL person. ?He really wrestled, and left behind a REAL legacy. ?Or would have.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 11:33:37 PM »

Dude, dont talk to me like Im 8. ?Ive already made my point. ?You refuse to acknowledge it because of your narrow view of wrestling. ?Whatever. ?I know its fictional, but Chris Beniot was a REAL person. ?He really wrestled, and left behind a REAL legacy. ?Or would have.

He didn't really wrestle... He acted, but acted on the level of a bad Hollywood Stuntman. Yes they are athletic, but they aren't competing in a sport. I think it is a reach to even use the term "Sports Entertainment".

Sure he left a legacy, but not as a wrestler, as a character actor. Calling these people "Wrestlers" is a slap in the face of "true" wrestlers who are competeing at the collegete and international levels... as well as former ameture wrestlers who are now competeing in Mixed Martial Arts...

Look I understand that what they are doing is tough on their bodies, but no more so than the Hollywood stunt men that they should be more closely compaired to as opposed to Athletes. Not to mention any credibility they may have is instantly lost due to the fact that they are not sanctioned by any sort of governing body that monitors for drug use like Boxing or MMA (sure boxing is corrupt, but there isn;t the huge steroid problem)
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

Here we go with this old arguement again... When I say "wrestle" Im talking about the "professional" kind, ok?  Yes, I know its not "real."  That doesnt matter.  Its a skill beyond being a stuntman.  Stuntmen arent performers. Stuntmen dont have to make other stuntmen look good.  Its all a pointless arguement anyway.  Especially with the topic that we are on.  Pro wrestlers are NOT actors.  They are NOT stuntmen.  They are PRO WRESTLERS.  That is thier label.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2007, 11:42:06 PM »

THEY ARE ACTORS!!!!!!

see the difference?

You what? Don't get yourself in a twist now (though maybe it's merely a problem with the definition!):

Can wrestlers really have legacys??

Chris Benoit wrestled, ergo Chris Benoit was a wrestler.

Clint Eastwood acted (... s, now and again...), ergo Clint Eastwood is an actor.

'Can actors really have lagacys!'

Do you get it now, you "liberal" jackass*? Wrestlers aren't merely 'actors.' They're athletes. Get with the distinction, and quit with your "Dirty Harry" bullshit. Did Clint Eastwood really do... Err... All of that Dirty Harry stuff? No, sir, he did not. Did Chris Benoit perform, do his classic ol' headbutt and the like in front of thousands? You better believe he did.

* I kid!, I kid!, I rib!, I rib!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »

THEY ARE ACTORS!!!!!!

see the difference?

You what? Don't get yourself in a twist now (though maybe it's merely a problem with the definition!):

Can wrestlers really have legacys??

Chris Benoit wrestled, ergo Chris Benoit was a wrestler.

Clint Eastwood acted (... s, now and again...), ergo Clint Eastwood is an actor.

'Can actors really have lagacys!'

Do you get it now, you "liberal" jackass*? Wrestlers aren't merely 'actors.' They're athletes. Get with the distinction, and quit with your "Dirty Harry" bullshit. Did Clint Eastwood really do... Err... All of that Dirty Harry stuff? No, sir, he did not. Did Chris Benoit perform, do his classic ol' headbutt and the like in front of thousands? You better believe he did.

* I kid!, I kid!, I rib!, I rib!

Blow me

just kidding, just kidding

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »

Here we go with this old arguement again... When I say "wrestle" Im talking about the "professional" kind, ok?? Yes, I know its not "real."? That doesnt matter.? Its a skill beyond being a stuntman.? Stuntmen arent performers. Stuntmen dont have to make other stuntmen look good.? Its all a pointless arguement anyway.? Especially with the topic that we are on.? Pro wrestlers are NOT actors.? They are NOT stuntmen.? They are PRO WRESTLERS.? That is thier label.

What I'm saying is.. due to this tragedy (and even before it) he should not be revered as a Sports Legend...

Also how many black marks does this "Sport" have to have against it before something is done to gain controll of it. How many of these "Pro Wrestlers" have to die young of Heart Attacks, Accidental OD's, and Suicides? If you seperate this profession from the rest of society the percentage of them that meet these untimely deaths are stagering. It's not a coincidence that they are flooding their body's with "foreign" hormones and are suffering higher than normal rates of depresion and mental illness as well as vascular and nervous system degeneration.

Thinking back, my parent should have lost custody of me in the 80's for buying me the Hulk Hogan gym set (with tear away Tank Top and 5 pound Dumb Bells) and my Hulk Hogan vitamins... They might as well have gone to the local farm supply store and bought me a box of bovine growth hormone and a package of needles, the message wouldn't have been much different.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2007, 12:04:05 AM »

I have never called pro wrestling a "sport" Or Benoit a sports legend.  I also know full well about all the "black marks" that pro wrestling has.  The deaths in recent years are more a result of pain meds than steroids.  But its all a moot point anyways.  Drugs are bad. Steroids are bad. People do them anyways.  Athletes of ALL "sports" do them.  Its just easy to bash pro wrestling.  Fish in a barrel.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:54 AM »

Drugs are bad. Steroids are bad.

"Mmm Kay?"

hahah, sorry, couldn't resist.  rofl

for the record, I like wresting.  Was a huge fan in the 80s and early-mid 90s I watched it more often than not.  I just don't take it that seriously.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: