Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:10:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 32380 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2007, 03:10:46 AM »

Sorry to break the news to you, but..

Let It Roll, Just Sixteen > Better, Chinese Democracy

Last Fight, Messages, Gravedancer > Madagascar, The Blues

Funniest post I've seen in ages.  Thanks for the laugh  rofl
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2007, 03:21:21 AM »

Hahaha oh crap, you're right. I forgot to add "Get Out The Door" to the list. Thanks for catching that.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2007, 03:35:18 AM »

Hahaha oh crap, you're right. I forgot to add "Get Out The Door" to the list. Thanks for catching that.

Why not keep on letting it roll?   

For A Brother > IRS

She Mine > TWAT

Hey let's take it a step further too

SBQM > Dr. Feelgood

American Man > Back In Black

Gravedancer > Comfortably Numb

Take it a step further each time, it's fun and the beauty of it is nobody can "prove" you wrong   smoking
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2007, 03:43:47 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

in your humble opinion ofcourse....

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

Hardly factual, just your opinion stated as such.

So chill.

And that's not a request.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

Let It Roll, Just Sixteen, Get Out The Door > Better, Chinese Democracy

Expressing your opinion>expressing your opinion as fact (to paraphrase other board members)

And by the way, there are obviously several people who disagree with you, in case you haven't noticed.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2007, 03:51:09 AM »

Once again...GNR always had issues (drugs, lates starts, etc) , but the main problem became Axl and his behavior towards the next cd (according to the remaing original members).? Axl, Slash, and Duff have all admitted that they had differences on this next album and the time is was taking (and axl's behavior), so they walked away.? That's not speculation on my part, that's known fact according to the three guys.? I like really like Slash and Duff because they were a part of the famous GNR, and I really admire Axl for what he has done in the past and what I think he could do in the future.? With all of that said, he continually fucks himself over in the eyes of most everyone who is not a dumbass.? I always have and still am really excited about Chinese Democracy, but it's far past being a joke to the majority.? If he locked himself in a room for 13 years and never said anything it would be one thing, but we're on atleast the 3rd Chinese Democracy tour...That's not the way to do it or cool...Refute that bitches!!
"Known fact ACCORDING TO THE THREE GUYS."  You just made my argument for me.  Real facts are not according to one person or another, they exist as indisputable regardless of anyone's perspective.  The old band (Izzy, Slash and Duff) quit one at a time.  Those are the facts, the only ones that we the fans know of.  We weren't there so we can't attest to any of the circumstances as being fact.

Ali
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2007, 03:58:18 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.   Those are the facts.

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.  Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

Expressing your opinion>expressing your opinion as fact (to paraphrase other board members)

And by the way, there are obviously several people who disagree with you, in case you haven't noticed.

Ali

Hey, I didn't start the discussion. I'm just responding to it by stating something that should be clear to pretty much everyone knows  ok

SBQM > Dr. Feelgood

Well, I wasn't gonna say it, but I'm glad you did. I agree Smiley

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:06:04 AM by ZRO » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2007, 04:06:42 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

Ali

Hey, I didn't start the discussion. I'm just responding to it by stating something that should be clear to pretty much everyone knows? ok

Funniest post I've seen in ages.? Thanks for the laugh? rofl

Why not keep on letting it roll?? ?

For A Brother > IRS

She Mine > TWAT

Hey let's take it a step further too

SBQM > Dr. Feelgood

Take it a step further each time, it's fun and the beauty of it is nobody can "prove" you wrong? ?smoking

So me saying VR songs are better than "Better" and "Chinese Democracy" is akin to me saying they're better than LEGENDARY rock songs like "Comfortably Numb"? Exactly what planet are you living on? And what drugs are offered on this planet?

Look at what you type before you post, please.

Clear?  What's clear?  That you're a VR fan.  Besides that nothing.

Ali
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2007, 04:08:01 AM »

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!  rofl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2007, 04:08:46 AM »

I think "Spay" is the greatest thing since Welcome to the Jungle.  Cool   20 years from now we'll surely be hearing it played at sporting events around the globe.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2007, 04:10:19 AM »

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!? rofl

Not the point. ?You missed that. ?The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2007, 04:12:10 AM »

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!  rofl

Not the point.  You missed that.  The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

And a NuGNR fan will favor NuGNR songs over VR songs, that is obviously clear by all the bullshit in this thread. The difference is, I'm not going to the GNR section of the forum and saying "AHA CHINESE DEMOCRACY SUX JUST SIXTEEN OWNZ" like these other mouthbreathers are doing here.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2007, 04:14:19 AM »

I think "Spay" is the greatest thing since Welcome to the Jungle.? Cool? ?20 years from now we'll surely be hearing it played at sporting events around the globe.

I wouldn't say that, but it is my favorite non-ballad on the record.  It does have a kind of punky vibe to it.  Pretty cool.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2007, 04:16:52 AM »

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!? rofl

Not the point.? You missed that.? The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

And a NuGNR fan will favor NuGNR songs over VR songs, that is obviously clear by all the bullshit in this thread. The difference is, I'm not going to the GNR section of the forum and saying "AHA CHINESE DEMOCRACY SUX JUST SIXTEEN OWNZ" like these other mouthbreathers are doing here.

And by making a post saying that it should be clear that the VR songs are better than Chinese Democracy demos, you aren't exactly rising above what the other "mouthbreathers" are doing.

Ali
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2007, 04:22:08 AM »

Not the point.  You missed that.  The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

And by making a post saying that it should be clear that the VR songs are better than Chinese Democracy demos, you aren't exactly rising above what the other "mouthbreathers" are doing.

Ali

Are you going to cry about it? I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm in the VR section of the forum and I like VR songs. I'm not trying to bait anyone into an argument. I'm not going to the GNR section to bash GNR songs. If you want to whine about something, it should be the NuGNR tools who are sticking around here like leeches instead of telling them "Oh, fine point good sir, however they are playing different musical styles!".
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2007, 04:27:56 AM »

Ali

Ali

Are you going to cry about it? I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm in the VR section of the forum and I like VR songs. I'm not trying to bait anyone into an argument. I'm not going to the GNR section to bash GNR songs. If you want to whine about something, it should be the NuGNR tools who are sticking around here like leeches instead of telling them "Oh, fine point good sir, however they are playing different musical styles!".

The only one here that appears to be "crying" or anything like it is you.  Why not just take yourself over to velvetrevolverforum.com if you're hoping for a 24/7 VR party
Ali
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2007, 04:28:57 AM »

Not the point.? You missed that.? The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

Ali

Cry? ?I don't find anything on this board or any other worth crying about, but thanks, the thought gave me a good chuckle.

Just pointing out that while you may not be initiating the arguments, with your antagonistic remarks you are furthering them.

And, they are two different bands with different sounds. ?Last I heard, we were allowed to enjoy both if we want to.

Ali
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2007, 04:31:45 AM »

Ali

Ali

The only one here that appears to be "crying" or anything like it is you.  Why not just take yourself over to velvetrevolverforum.com if you're hoping for a 24/7 VR party
Who said I was hoping for a 24/7 VR party? All I'm saying is, if you come here for the sole reason of bashing VR songs and pumping up GNR songs and expect VR fans not to return the favor then you're an idiot.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:33:16 AM by ZRO » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2007, 04:36:52 AM »

Ali

Ali

I'm not hoping for a 24/7 VR party, but if you're going to come here for the sole reason of bashing VR songs and pumping up GNR songs and have people NOT disagreeing with that then you're an idiot.

Your sole purpose here, from what I can tell, is to praise VR and bash GnR.  Every comment you make either praises VR or insults GnR specifically Axl in some way, you have made posts calling Axl and GnR a joke and what not in the GnR section with nothing positive to say.  So it's a little ironic that you're complaining about GnR fans on a GnR site saying negative things about your favorite band VR, when you're a VR fan on a GnR site constantly bashing the band the site is dedicated to
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2007, 04:37:55 AM »

exactly.  on a gnr site is GnR going to get preference to other bands? YES, as they should.    rofl

if would be like me joining velvetrevolverforum.com and doing nothing but trashing VR via their GNR section.   And I have a feeling I wouldn't last 10 posts.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2007, 04:51:07 AM »

Ali

Ali

I'm not hoping for a 24/7 VR party, but if you're going to come here for the sole reason of bashing VR songs and pumping up GNR songs and have people NOT disagreeing with that then you're an idiot.

Your sole purpose here, from what I can tell, is to praise VR and bash GnR.  Every comment you make either praises VR or insults GnR specifically Axl in some way, you have made posts calling Axl and GnR a joke and what not in the GnR section with nothing positive to say.  So it's a little ironic that you're complaining about GnR fans on a GnR site saying negative things about your favorite band VR, when you're a VR fan on a GnR site constantly bashing the band the site is dedicated to

I'm not bringing up Axl or GNR in any arguments. It's the people coming over here solely to bash VR that start the arguments and then get all bent out of shape when someone returns the favor.

I'm not going over to the GNR section to bash the new songs or bait people into arguments. Have I been critical of the new band? Of course, I've been very critical over the constant album delays  and lies to the fans and that's something I think most GNR fans are mad about. But it isn't like I'm, say, going into a post about last night's show setlist and saying, "OH WHO CARES, AXL IS DONE THIS BAND SUX!" like most of the stuff that goes on in here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: