Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 32389 times)
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »

I think any honest fan of past gnr (or rock music in general) -- would have to agree that Chinese Democracy's few tracks we've heard are on a totally different level than anything Velvet Revolver has put out, or probably ever will.  With that said though, it's pretty pathetic that Axl broke the original band up to basically tour the world playing the majority of old songs.   peace release the damn album!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »

it's pretty pathetic that Axl broke the original band up to basically tour the world playing the majority of old songs.? ?peace release the damn album!

Huh! Axl broke the old band up?!! I think you might find that drugs and alcohol issues broke the original band up.
 Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »

Who doesn't look forward to hearing some real music?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Who doesn't look forward to hearing some real music?

/jarmo

Exactly can't wait to put Libertad in my car stereo!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »

Can't wait to play CD through proper speakers likes it deserves!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »

I think any honest fan of past gnr (or rock music in general) -- would have to agree that Chinese Democracy's few tracks we've heard are on a totally different level than anything Velvet Revolver has put out, or probably ever will. 

really you should have stopped right there.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2007, 09:15:24 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

in your humble opinion ofcourse....

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

Hardly factual, just your opinion stated as such.

So chill.

And that's not a request.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

If you think Maddy and the blues are masterpieces it's obvious you wouldn't like a real rock band....and Better and Chi Dem are hardly rockers....it takes about 2-3 min into the song to get to the "rocker" part
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »

i saw GNR live recently i felt that the guitarists were a bit overindulgent in their solos a bit too much guitar masturbation

Truth be told, I've heard the same thing about Slash's solos.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.   Those are the facts.

I don't disagree with you, but the truth is they're two bands trying to do two different things musically.  There's room to enjoy them both should you choose to do so.

Ali

i've listened to libertad (or at least attempted to) at least 6 or 7 times these last few days. I DID try to enjoy both but I can't get into Libertad.  Not my fault and you can't expect everyone to love your precious VR.

Jim Bob,

Like I said, I DON'T disagree with you, but there is room to appreciate both bands, should you CHOOSE to do so.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2007, 11:56:13 AM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.   Those are the facts.

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.  Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

If you think Maddy and the blues are masterpieces it's obvious you wouldn't like a real rock band....and Better and Chi Dem are hardly rockers....it takes about 2-3 min into the song to get to the "rocker" part

Interesting you're saying Better and Chinese Democracy aren't rockers, when actually the riff for Better is heavier than the majority of the "real" rock band's new alt-pop album, the heavier parts of CD are more aggressive than anything on the "real" rock band's new alt-pop album.  While we're at it, IRS is heavier than any song on Libertad.  Does that make you mad?  If those songs aren't rockers then the album you're praising as "real rock" doesn't have any rockers on it either
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 12:06:26 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2007, 12:01:17 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

If you think "Chinese Democracy" isn't a rocker, you need to have your hearing checked or make sure that you have the right track, not some mislabeled Debbie Gibson song.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »

real rock isnt a sound but a feeling. A feeling of when hearing the tune u stand up and wanna tear shit up. A feeling when hearing the tune it makes u pumped up.? A feeling when hearing makes you get up stick your head out of the window and yell..."lets go mets" lets go mets lets go mets! lol

Better and CD give me that feeling. They give me an energy that gets me all tingly. Do they sound like AFD type songs that gave me the same feeling? Nope. But does that mean there not rockers? Nope...hell no...The spirit of gnr lives in these songs. They are ballzy and provide twists and turns. And to even compare cb/lib with half of cd..well.... no ok

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 12:31:09 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »

it's pretty pathetic that Axl broke the original band up to basically tour the world playing the majority of old songs.   peace release the damn album!

Huh! Axl broke the old band up?!! I think you might find that drugs and alcohol issues broke the original band up.
 Roll Eyes

Do you even know anything about GNR?  Yeah they had drug problems, etc. but the reason that they broke up (talking about Slash and Duff) is because of Axl's personality and procrastination.  Oh and to Jim Bob - I"m a huge GNR fan, old and new, but I can't just give them blind admiration without speaking of the biggest fucking elephant in a musical room ever.  If you really look at what has gone on with GNR the last 7 years (no releases) --Axl basically broke up the greateast band to move in a different direction but instead (once again w/out any released material) he has assembled a bigger band that essentially tours the world playing the original guys songs.  Another side effect of this whole shit storm is that most fans don't even respond that well to the new stuff in concert.  My whole point is that it seems romantic and almost mythical to break up your whole band to try and make this epic album, but it's just plain pathetic and crazy to go about it the way they have the last 7 years.   I like the new band, but that's what they are (glorified cover band) until they actually release something.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »

it's pretty pathetic that Axl broke the original band up to basically tour the world playing the majority of old songs.? ?peace release the damn album!

Roll Eyes

Do you even know anything about GNR??

Do I even know anything about GN'R!  Roll Eyes  Was Pope John Paul 2 Polish??  Wink

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

Roll Eyes

Do you even know anything about GNR?? Yeah they had drug problems, etc. but the reason that they broke up (talking about Slash and Duff) is because of Axl's personality and procrastination.? Oh and to Jim Bob - I"m a huge GNR fan, old and new, but I can't just give them blind admiration without speaking of the biggest fucking elephant in a musical room ever.? If you really look at what has gone on with GNR the last 7 years (no releases) --Axl basically broke up the greateast band to move in a different direction but instead (once again w/out any released material) he has assembled a bigger band that essentially tours the world playing the original guys songs.? Another side effect of this whole shit storm is that most fans don't even respond that well to the new stuff in concert.? My whole point is that it seems romantic and almost mythical to break up your whole band to try and make this epic album, but it's just plain pathetic and crazy to go about it the way they have the last 7 years.? ?I like the new band, but that's what they are (glorified cover band) until they actually release something.

I couldn't agree more if I said it myself
Ali
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2007, 12:38:42 AM »

Roll Eyes

Do you even know anything about GNR?? Yeah they had drug problems, etc. but the reason that they broke up (talking about Slash and Duff) is because of Axl's personality and procrastination.? Oh and to Jim Bob - I"m a huge GNR fan, old and new, but I can't just give them blind admiration without speaking of the biggest fucking elephant in a musical room ever.? If you really look at what has gone on with GNR the last 7 years (no releases) --Axl basically broke up the greateast band to move in a different direction but instead (once again w/out any released material) he has assembled a bigger band that essentially tours the world playing the original guys songs.? Another side effect of this whole shit storm is that most fans don't even respond that well to the new stuff in concert.? My whole point is that it seems romantic and almost mythical to break up your whole band to try and make this epic album, but it's just plain pathetic and crazy to go about it the way they have the last 7 years.? ?I like the new band, but that's what they are (glorified cover band) until they actually release something.

I have been a fan of GN'R's for almost 20 years, so I know quite a bit about GN'R.  I'll say this:  the fact is that the old members left on their own accord.  The quit.  Unless you were there, you have no standing or evidence to dispute that.  Everything that you might reference is either one side of the story or pure conjecture.  Short of having a gun to their head, the old members cannot claim they were coerced or forced into quitting.

Ali
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2007, 01:01:39 AM »

Roll Eyes

I couldn't agree more if I said it myself

And the fact that the other band members were usually too out of it to play properly.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »

Once again...GNR always had issues (drugs, lates starts, etc) , but the main problem became Axl and his behavior towards the next cd (according to the remaing original members).  Axl, Slash, and Duff have all admitted that they had differences on this next album and the time is was taking (and axl's behavior), so they walked away.  That's not speculation on my part, that's known fact according to the three guys.  I like really like Slash and Duff because they were a part of the famous GNR, and I really admire Axl for what he has done in the past and what I think he could do in the future.  With all of that said, he continually fucks himself over in the eyes of most everyone who is not a dumbass.  I always have and still am really excited about Chinese Democracy, but it's far past being a joke to the majority.  If he locked himself in a room for 13 years and never said anything it would be one thing, but we're on atleast the 3rd Chinese Democracy tour...That's not the way to do it or cool...Refute that bitches!!
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.  Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

Sorry to break the news to you, but..

Let It Roll, Just Sixteen, Get Out The Door > Better, Chinese Democracy

Last Fight, Messages, Gravedancer > Madagascar, The Blues

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:21:53 AM by ZRO » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2007, 03:02:50 AM »

Once again...GNR always had issues (drugs, lates starts, etc) , but the main problem became Axl and his behavior towards the next cd (according to the remaing original members).? Axl, Slash, and Duff have all admitted that they had differences on this next album and the time is was taking (and axl's behavior), so they walked away.? That's not speculation on my part, that's known fact according to the three guys.? I like really like Slash and Duff because they were a part of the famous GNR, and I really admire Axl for what he has done in the past and what I think he could do in the future.? With all of that said, he continually fucks himself over in the eyes of most everyone who is not a dumbass.? I always have and still am really excited about Chinese Democracy, but it's far past being a joke to the majority.? If he locked himself in a room for 13 years and never said anything it would be one thing, but we're on atleast the 3rd Chinese Democracy tour...That's not the way to do it or cool...Refute that bitches!!

You wrote one side of the story very well.........
If that's the best you can up with.........well then  Roll Eyes, I can't argue with that.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: