Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 02:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 32259 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2007, 04:57:23 AM »

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!? rofl

Not the point.? You missed that.? The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

And a NuGNR fan will favor NuGNR songs over VR songs, that is obviously clear by all the bullshit in this thread. The difference is, I'm not going to the GNR section of the forum and saying "AHA CHINESE DEMOCRACY SUX JUST SIXTEEN OWNZ" like these other mouthbreathers are doing here.

And by making a post saying that it should be clear that the VR songs are better than Chinese Democracy demos, you aren't exactly rising above what the other "mouthbreathers" are doing.

Ali

Are you going to cry about it? I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm in the VR section of the forum and I like VR songs. I'm not trying to bait anyone into an argument. I'm not going to the GNR section to bash GNR songs. If you want to whine about something, it should be the NuGNR tools who are sticking around here like leeches instead of telling them "Oh, fine point good sir, however they are playing different musical styles!".

The only one here that appears to be "crying" or anything like it is you.? Why not just take yourself over to velvetrevolverforum.com if you're hoping for a 24/7 VR party

I'm not hoping for a 24/7 VR party, but if you're going to come here for the sole reason of bashing VR songs and pumping up GNR songs and have people NOT disagreeing with that then you're an idiot.

Your sole purpose here, from what I can tell, is to praise VR and bash GnR.? Every comment you make either praises VR or insults GnR specifically Axl in some way, you have made posts calling Axl and GnR a joke and what not in the GnR section with nothing positive to say.? So it's a little ironic that you're complaining about GnR fans on a GnR site saying negative things about your favorite band VR, when you're a VR fan on a GnR site constantly bashing the band the site is dedicated to

I'm not bringing up Axl or GNR in any arguments. It's the people coming over here solely to bash VR that start the arguments and then get all bent out of shape when someone returns the favor.

I'm not going over to the GNR section to bash the new songs or bait people into arguments. Have I been critical of the new band? Of course, I've been very critical over the constant album delays? and lies to the fans and that's something I think most GNR fans are mad about. But it isn't like I'm, say, going into a post about last night's show setlist and saying, "OH WHO CARES, AXL IS DONE THIS BAND SUX!" like most of the stuff that goes on in here.

You have made many negative posts about GN'R in the GN'R section, so you shouldn't get bent out of shape when someone returns the favor, either.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2007, 05:04:39 AM »

I'm not bringing up Axl or GNR in any arguments. It's the people coming over here solely to bash VR that start the arguments and then get all bent out of shape when someone returns the favor.

I'm not going over to the GNR section to bash the new songs or bait people into arguments. Have I been critical of the new band? Of course, I've been very critical over the constant album delays  and lies to the fans and that's something I think most GNR fans are mad about. But it isn't like I'm, say, going into a post about last night's show setlist and saying, "OH WHO CARES, AXL IS DONE THIS BAND SUX!" like most of the stuff that goes on in here.

I'm not going to pull a you know who and dig through your old posts to quote you, but you know as well as I do that you've called Axl's lyrics emo crap and have made numerous negative comments about GnR for a multitude of reasons ranging from the quality of their music to other things unrelated to that, I've never seen you say anything remotely postive about GnR and you do nothing but shower praise on VR

It's comments like these that show you don't really care for Axl, GnR, or anyone involved with the band as of 2007.  It's very clear to see
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2007, 05:21:59 AM »

I'm not going over to the GNR section to bash the new songs or bait people into arguments. Have I been critical of the new band? Of course, I've been very critical over the constant album delays  and lies to the fans and that's something I think most GNR fans are mad about. But it isn't like I'm, say, going into a post about last night's show setlist and saying, "OH WHO CARES, AXL IS DONE THIS BAND SUX!" like most of the stuff that goes on in here.

I'm not going to pull a you know who and dig through your old posts to quote you, but you know as well as I do that you've called Axl's lyrics emo crap and have made numerous negative comments about GnR for a multitude of reasons ranging from the quality of their music to other things unrelated to that, I've never seen you say anything remotely postive about GnR and you do nothing but shower praise on VR

It's comments like these that show you don't really care for Axl, GnR, or anyone involved with the band as of 2007.  It's very clear to see

The Axl's lyrics being emo was in this VR section of the forum, in response to posts with people bashing Scott Weiland's lyrics and saying he could never write as well as Axl. As I said, I don't start these VR vs. GNR arguments.

Yeah, a VR fan in the VR section of the forum saying he likes VR songs. Are you surprised?!  rofl

Not the point.  You missed that.  The point is that obviously a VR fan will favor their songs over others and THAT is all that is clear from your posts.

Ali

And a NuGNR fan will favor NuGNR songs over VR songs, that is obviously clear by all the bullshit in this thread. The difference is, I'm not going to the GNR section of the forum and saying "AHA CHINESE DEMOCRACY SUX JUST SIXTEEN OWNZ" like these other mouthbreathers are doing here.

And by making a post saying that it should be clear that the VR songs are better than Chinese Democracy demos, you aren't exactly rising above what the other "mouthbreathers" are doing.

Ali

Are you going to cry about it? I mean, what do you want me to say? I'm in the VR section of the forum and I like VR songs. I'm not trying to bait anyone into an argument. I'm not going to the GNR section to bash GNR songs. If you want to whine about something, it should be the NuGNR tools who are sticking around here like leeches instead of telling them "Oh, fine point good sir, however they are playing different musical styles!".

The only one here that appears to be "crying" or anything like it is you.  Why not just take yourself over to velvetrevolverforum.com if you're hoping for a 24/7 VR party

I'm not hoping for a 24/7 VR party, but if you're going to come here for the sole reason of bashing VR songs and pumping up GNR songs and have people NOT disagreeing with that then you're an idiot.

Your sole purpose here, from what I can tell, is to praise VR and bash GnR.  Every comment you make either praises VR or insults GnR specifically Axl in some way, you have made posts calling Axl and GnR a joke and what not in the GnR section with nothing positive to say.  So it's a little ironic that you're complaining about GnR fans on a GnR site saying negative things about your favorite band VR, when you're a VR fan on a GnR site constantly bashing the band the site is dedicated to

You have made many negative posts about GN'R in the GN'R section, so you shouldn't get bent out of shape when someone returns the favor, either.

Ali

I didn't get bent out of shape. I said what I felt about the songs. There was really no problem until you got involved.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2007, 05:43:17 AM »

The Axl's lyrics being emo was in this VR section of the forum, in response to posts with people bashing Scott Weiland's lyrics and saying he could never write as well as Axl. As I said, I don't start these VR vs. GNR arguments.

Oh yea because the VR section of the board is the place to discuss Axl's lyrics.  Roll Eyes

just proves my point that all you fucking vr fans can do to stick up for fraud boy scott is to bash Axl.   If someone doesn't like Scott, why not show that person why they are wrong with examples about Scott and leave Axl the fuck out of it.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2007, 08:23:26 AM »

Oh yea because the VR section of the board is the place to discuss Axl's lyrics.  Roll Eyes

just proves my point that all you fucking vr fans can do to stick up for fraud boy scott is to bash Axl.   If someone doesn't like Scott, why not show that person why they are wrong with examples about Scott and leave Axl the fuck out of it.

How many times must this be explained? The guy brought up Axl and used him to bash Scott. I've said this at least five times now - I don't bring Axl into the conversations, but I will reply when someone else does. What exactly is not clear about this? Considering your name is Jim Bob, I'm going to assume it's going to take me saying it five more times before you understand what I'm saying.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2007, 08:46:30 AM »

exactly.? on a gnr site is GnR going to get preference to other bands? YES, as they should.? ? rofl

if would be like me joining velvetrevolverforum.com and doing nothing but trashing VR via their GNR section.? ?And I have a feeling I wouldn't last 10 posts.

If your argument is valid then there is absolutely no point to start shit like you did in this section. If it's not valid, then the same..there is absolutely no need to start shit here. Guess if some of you bashed NIN or other band so badly like you've been bashing VR, you'd have been banned a long time ago. But unfortunately VR bashing is supported by some people who run this board.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2007, 08:53:09 AM »

Gee, you VR fans are such sensitive young things.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »

How the hell did this thread turn into another GnR vs VR debate? Slash is looking forward to hearing Axl's material. Good for him. He is allowed to like other musicians you know-amazing I know.. Roll Eyes

It seems this old tired debate starts up everytime an Axlite takes a pop at VR. Its like they believe VR fans shouldnt be allowed to defend a band they like. I mean jeez, get the fuck over it, VR are a successful band and so who gives a fuck if you don't like them. Alot of people obviously do or they wouldn't be such a big band.

If you people hate VR so much then don't fucking post in the VR threads. Its that simple. Plus it means we won't have to read through the same old shit again and again.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »

And 10x more aggressive than any Gunner....... Cool

Must be the subliminals in VR songs.......
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:19:07 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

And 10x more aggressive than any Gunner....... Cool

Must be the subliminals in VR songs.......

What the fuck? Read my posts in the GNR section. I SUPPORT the new band a hell of a lot. But that doesn't mean I can't defend VR, cos I support them too. Amazing how someone can do that isn't it. I'm just fed up of coming into almost every thread and reading the same old shitty debate again and again.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »

I don't judge VR either.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

exactly.  on a gnr site is GnR going to get preference to other bands? YES, as they should.    rofl

if would be like me joining velvetrevolverforum.com and doing nothing but trashing VR via their GNR section.   And I have a feeling I wouldn't last 10 posts.

If your argument is valid then there is absolutely no point to start shit like you did in this section. If it's not valid, then the same..there is absolutely no need to start shit here. Guess if some of you bashed NIN or other band so badly like you've been bashing VR, you'd have been banned a long time ago. But unfortunately VR bashing is supported by some people who run this board.

starting shit?  I'm stating my honest opinion on velvet revolver topics.  Its only starting shit because you dont like what I have to say  Roll Eyes

if you dont see the difference between this being a GNR board and not a VR board you'd understand that my point is valid and not every GnR fan is going to like everything VR puts out or does.  but with the members here it should be understood that they are ALL GnR FANS and that they dont use other bands as a guise to bash the band this site is here for.   

seriously, anyone here who doesn't like GnR is a complete fuckin troll.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »

exactly.? on a gnr site is GnR going to get preference to other bands? YES, as they should.? ? rofl

if would be like me joining velvetrevolverforum.com and doing nothing but trashing VR via their GNR section.? ?And I have a feeling I wouldn't last 10 posts.

starting shit?? I'm stating my honest opinion on velvet revolver topics.? Its only starting shit because you dont like what I have to say? Roll Eyes

if you dont see the difference between this being a GNR board and not a VR board you'd understand that my point is valid and not every GnR fan is going to like everything VR puts out or does.? but with the members here it should be understood that they are ALL GnR FANS and that they dont use other bands as a guise to bash the band this site is here for.? ?

seriously, anyone here who doesn't like GnR is a complete fuckin troll.

Sorry, I was wrong, YG started the shit:

after hearing VRs latest effort, Im salivating over CD even more too...yikesssssssssss

but you tried to make it even worse and really offtopic:

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water. 

this topic isn't about comparing Libertad to any other album. It's about Slash's gentle words towards Axl. But you just can't grow up. Opinions are opinions, bullshit is bullshit. And trolling is trolling. Everyone who constantly spams the VR section without liking the band is a complete fuckin' troll.  yes 

Rollin' on the streets
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2007, 12:14:44 AM »

Do VR fans only have exclusive rights to some threads on your site Jarmo? I didn't realize..........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »

Joacim Persson of the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet conducted a short interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan prior to VELVET REVOLVER's concert at the Hultsfred festival on June 14.

When asked about singer Axl Rose and his new band touring as GUNS N' ROSES, McKagan said, "I really wish that he had used a different name. But things are as they are. Unfortunately neither Slash nor I have any contact with him, and that's a bit sad."

On Axl biting a security guard in Stockholm last summer, Duff said, "Yes, I heard about that. I'll definitely bite someone during my stay in Sweden, too haha."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=75846

I really wish those guys would just stop talking about Axl or the fact that he is using the GNR name. Its been over 10 years, just get over it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

Joacim Persson of the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet conducted a short interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan prior to VELVET REVOLVER's concert at the Hultsfred festival on June 14.

When asked about singer Axl Rose and his new band touring as GUNS N' ROSES, McKagan said, "I really wish that he had used a different name. But things are as they are. Unfortunately neither Slash nor I have any contact with him, and that's a bit sad."

On Axl biting a security guard in Stockholm last summer, Duff said, "Yes, I heard about that. I'll definitely bite someone during my stay in Sweden, too haha."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=75846

I really wish those guys would just stop talking about Axl or the fact that he is using the GNR name. Its been over 10 years, just get over it.

they wanna be known as GNR.. that's all who can blame them..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »

But come on man, why dwell on something for so long? Ok, they don't like him using the name, but why keep saying it? Duff said the same exact thing back when he was doing interviews for Contraband. Why can't he just get over it?  Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

But unfortunately VR bashing is supported by some people who run this board.

Explain.

Not all GN'R fans like VR.

Many Slash fans love VR (and Snakepit).

Is this a Slash site? No.

Should we tell GN'R fans they're not welcome on this board because they feel VR is nothing more than an empty shiny shell? No.

Are we gonna ban Slash fans who like nothing more than take cheap shots at GN'R because Slash decided to walk out on the band over ten years ago? It's possible,

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »

But unfortunately VR bashing is supported by some people who run this board.

Explain.

Okay. You and ADZ are doing everything to ruin every VR-related thread. If any member would do the same with any Bad Obsession band he/she would have been banned a long time ago. On the other hand you two are insulting board members all the time who dare to love or like VR.

Not all GN'R fans like VR.

That's fine.

Is this a Slash site? No.

I know it. But can you tell me if this site is for the current GN'R only?

Should we tell GN'R fans they're not welcome on this board because they feel VR is nothing more than an empty shiny shell? No.

Of course not. Everybody should have been to express their point of view about anything here. But coming here to troll and writing one sentence spams about how much VR sucks is pathetic. Some people spend more time here to bash VR than in the GN'R section to hail Axl and his current players. Some of them writes long posts about what they dislike in VR. Well, as it seems they dislike everything but at least they're telling some reasons. I feel happy for them having so much free time that they can write this much about a band they don't like.  ok 
But some others are here only for the trolling, writing one sentence shit, bashing the VR members (calling them liars, fags etc.) and bringing GN'R into the conversations. They're hijacking every thread. If I wanna discuss Nu-GN'R I will go to their section. They VR section is not for Finck and Madagascar praising. I repeat it: if any member would do the same with any Bad Obsession band he/she would have been banned a long time ago.

Are we gonna ban Slash fans who like nothing more than take cheap shots at GN'R because Slash decided to walk out on the band over ten years ago? It's possible,

I don't know too many here who'd criticize GN'R cause Slash left. They have plenty other reasons to criticize them. Ooops, I mean they would have, but it's not allowed here. It doesn't mean they wouldn't like the new band, but they are frustrated by getting no album from Axl since 1993. You know, they (most of them) love Axl's voice and disappointed. I agree that non-GN'R fans should be banned, but as far as I know even some mods don't care about GN'R be it past, present or future. 

For the others: it was a reply to Jarmo's post, so please don't make it into a GN'R vs. VR shit. Thank You  peace

Rollin' on the streets
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2007, 02:57:11 PM »

But come on man, why dwell on something for so long? Ok, they don't like him using the name, but why keep saying it? Duff said the same exact thing back when he was doing interviews for Contraband. Why can't he just get over it? Huh

reporters ask him about Axl because the general masses are still interested in what he thinks of Axl. he replies if he feels like it. voila. get the fuck over it.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: